Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The Crazies remake

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    No Richard France anyone who saw or bought it got robbed.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    another "remake" in name only just like dawn. but this one kicked ass!!! better than dawn

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Night 90', dawn 04' and the crazies are three remakes of Gar's films that i actually like.

There's Nothing like the originals though.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I just re-watched the remake last night and I must say it was pretty damned good. I've watched it about three times now and enjoyed it each time. The original had a great premise but the actors needed acting lessons (and please, don't tell me it was Trixie that was making them act that way). And yes; I am aware that GAR's was low-budget.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    The original was unfortunately an early predecessor for Day of the Dead - but with Day of the Dead, we liked those characters enough to enjoy 90 minutes of them shouting at each other.

But in The Crazies, we don't really get that. The characters are pretty strong out on the field but the military and scientists are badly rounded out and need some real flesh to their motives.

The remake however, really doesn't worry about any of that. It wasn't bad whatsoever - some really creepy moments and a great script helped give it some real feeling - something that the original was sadly lacking. Atmosphere is important....Day of the Dead is proof of that...!

So yeah, I'm actually in preference of the remake of this particular movie TBH.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    I just re-watched the remake last night and I must say it was pretty damned good. I've watched it about three times now and enjoyed it each time. The original had a great premise but the actors needed acting lessons (and please, don't tell me it was Trixie that was making them act that way). And yes; I am aware that GAR's was low-budget.
    I think I need to rewatch this again.

My memories of it was it was generall OK, and in placed v.good, but just a couple of weaknesses in the scripted prevented it from reaching classic?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    The original was unfortunately an early predecessor for Day of the Dead - but with Day of the Dead, we liked those characters enough to enjoy 90 minutes of them shouting at each other.

But in The Crazies, we don't really get that. The characters are pretty strong out on the field but the military and scientists are badly rounded out and need some real flesh to their motives.

The remake however, really doesn't worry about any of that. It wasn't bad whatsoever - some really creepy moments and a great script helped give it some real feeling - something that the original was sadly lacking. Atmosphere is important....Day of the Dead is proof of that...!

So yeah, I'm actually in preference of the remake of this particular movie TBH.
    The pitchfork moment was something of supreme horror IMO...it was just so mechanical and liesurely...really good (as in nasty) scene.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Chasing Prey

Canada
    this movie was so scary because there wasnt super CGI all over the place............ also its something that didnt seem far fetched to be able to happen. that was the scary part

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Price View Post
    No Richard France anyone who saw or bought it got robbed.
    Mate, just noticed your name & avatar. Tom Price was a cracking character!

Love the original "Survivors" series have 'em all on DVD.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Dying

United States
    This film was way too short, with not enough "infected" action. The original was handled much better, this movie had a lot of potential and they wasted it.

I mean, it'd be a PERFECT time to heavily implement a 'corrupt government / FEMA' type plot-line, what with the recent fascism and police state qualities unfolding in pretty much every country in the world. This movie should have had a WAY HEAVIER amount of asshole police and military gunning down their fellow citizens to cover their own asses. And it wouldn't be too far from the reality of things, sadly enough