Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: *new* Modern Warfare 2 "Infamy" trailer!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    The worst thing is PC gamers are getting the raw deal of constant crappy console ports instead of "proper" PC games too, Arma 2 is the first game ive played on the PC this year that actually feels like a PC game to play! its really stifling creativity & developers dont really take risks with original & intelligent games these days
    Although in COD's case the games haven't changed stylistically all that much from when they started. I've been playing the whole franchise, and IW's entries just keep getting better.

Treyarch's #3 was pish with some good moments, but their World At War was a vast improvement, but still not up there in IW territory.

I know what you mean though. GTA IV has been a notoriously pish console port to PC, heck, even San Andreas wasn't the best port - playing it on a computer far more powerful than it requires, and you still get heinous lag during big rucks or up in the clouds.

I remember the PC port of True Crime New York City being AWFUL. On my PC - far more power than needed - it ran like absolute ass in exteriors, but interiors worked fine. It still looked rough though, and the menu was direct from the console version, and the controls were almost non-existant. That's the worst PC-port I've seen personally.

Although there's even PC-only titles like Crysis which don't run as well as they should, or require a bunch of patches to get them going properly. Fallout 3 apparently had a bunch till they were fixed, but I've also heard it's the best version of the game (it's the one I have ) ... another is STALKER which, like Crysis, hasn't been made very efficiently. The engine hogs too much power for the job.

In the case of STALKER too, they seem more interested in tiny changes in graphics - such as the recent, very pathetic, show-off of what STALKER looks like in DX11 (totally negligible unless you look at the filters on gas masks basically ) - how about fixing the stability and efficiency issues first?!

Then work on story telling, and cleaning away rough edges, like the terrible lip synch and bloated amounts of text to read through/listen to.

Off on a rant here.

Yeah, with many people playing on PC, it's wrong to diss them. And if you don't make the titles available from the start on PC, then obviously people are going to be buying the console versions.

I've become a console gamer in general, for ease of use, and to play titles that never come to PC, but also because at the time (2007) my rig had gone as far as it could with the PC games coming out.

However, as I needed a new rig at Xmas 2008, I got my ass a beastly Quad Core that's well ahead of any power hungry title out there.

United States
    New video interview with info on Special Ops, weapons and more:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...el_101509.html
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 15-Oct-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

It makes me wanna touch myself...

I've got it pre-ordered online however, at the original price, not the lame-wad jacked-up price they slapped on it recently, but with the looming postal strike happening in the UK, I hope this slew of game releases in the next 3 weeks doesn't get stuffed up a butt.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

25 more days

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    25 more days
    I think I had a dream about Modern Warfare 2 the other week ... can't remember what happened ... but I do remember it being distinctly awesome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Dev Defends Modern Warfare 2 Length

I think these guys are full of it. Me thinks money is the motivation behind these shorter games especially when they are really popular and highly anticipated.

Why would they make a 20 Hour game and that sells for 60 Bucks when they can make a six hour game and sell you the other 14 hours piecemeal through DLC for 10 bucks a pop?

Exactly my point.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1036666p1.html

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    That's weird. Very early on it was said that MW2 would be longer and have more levels than MW1.

MW1, while awesome, was too short.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That's weird. Very early on it was said that MW2 would be longer and have more levels than MW1.

MW1, while awesome, was too short.

It's gotta be the money. It's the reason why those left 4 dead 2 boycotters were up in arms as well. We're getting charged for things that could easily come with the original game (ala the old RE games and their various bonuses and extra missions). And as was pointed out many times in this forum they're going to do everything they can in order to maximize their profit. If they can charge you and additinal 30 bucks for extra content in addition to the 60 for the game the question becomes why wouldn't they if there are obviously people lining up to get gouged?

Think about RE 4 for example. What would the seperate ways mission have cost us now? An extra 10-15 bucks? probably and we'd pay it for some crazy reason.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United Kingdom
    IW really kicked up a shitstorm earlier this week when they 'announced' there won't be dedicated servers (and hence no modding support either) for the PC version in favour of matchmaking through their new IWnet service.

Here's the petition for dedicated servers started a few days ago:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

Here's the response from IW's community manager Robert Bowling:
    http://www.fourzerotwo.com/?p=745
    The comments, as inarticulate as some of them may be, show the majority of people are far from convinced.

Finally here's a PC Gamer article on just what the big deal is about dedicated servers anyway:
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...25744&site=pcg

Although I'm no hardcore online player I've cancelled my preorder nonetheless, I think I'll just play it safe and see how this pans out. All in all I think IW has lost a lot of PC customers this week.
    Last edited by Craig; 22-Oct-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    There definitely seems to be a lot of ballsiness going on around MW2, and that's a bad thing when it's not linked to the content of the game (i.e. by all means by ballsy by providing an awesome story and gameplay experience that is unmatched by your competitors - but sod off with this server issue I'll take other people's word on, and the price gouging that's going on too).

Customers will only be pushed so far, and IW et al should pay attention and consider themselves in potentially dangerous territory.

Never ever piss off your customers.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    tbh, I think IW could take a shit in the MW2 box, add a logo to itand people would still buy it....I would if it came with the night vision goggles!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Customers will only be pushed so far, and IW et al should pay attention and consider themselves in potentially dangerous territory.

Never ever piss off your customers.

I agree. It seems as if alot of distasteful things are going on with games, their releases and DLC nowdays.

However, as all corporations do they are pushing the boundries to see what customers will actually pay for a service. No matter how much controversy there is there are alwasy more people that pony up aand pay, so protests are virtually useless.

Boycotts on the otherhand might work because it hits them where it hurts.

The catch is everyone has to be unified or else why bother doing it?

United States
    New Spec-Ops mission called "Overwatch", one player is on foot, the other is covering him, high above in an AC-130 gunship. Looks brilliant:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...thefeed-700231

Super Moderator

UK
    New Spec-Ops mission called "Overwatch", one player is on foot, the other is covering him, high above in an AC-130 gunship. Looks brilliant:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...thefeed-700231
    AWESOME SAUCE!

Hopefully it works well in single player, but I'll definitely have to pair up with a mate at someone's house and give this a bash.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I apologize if this has been posted before.

Modern Warfare 2 Opens with Terror:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1039324p1.html

Confirmed: 3rd Person Mode in Modern Warfare 2:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1038859p1.html