Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: *new* Modern Warfare 2 "Infamy" trailer!!!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That "Overwatch" footage is fucking AWESOME. I'm having a nerdgasm.

I found out about the 3rd person view stuff and for some reason I didn't even think to post it here.

THIRTEEN MORE DAYS!

England
    That AC-130 video does look sweet, but im still all for the boycott
    Which game actually started the trend for having us actually pay for extra content in games anyway? I first noticed it in Battlefield 2 when they started releasing extra factions or maps at a cost, which I never bothered getting because I didnt want to pay out on what was actually very little extra & there were very few servers running with the expansions anyway. I remember other expansion packs for games on the shelf before then for certain games, but usually the content you got was equivalent to a new game rather than just some patches, character skins & a map or two
    When I first got into PC gaming hundreds of mods, complete game overhauls, extra content, patches & everything were just released by both developers & the community for free! I know they're businesses & they want to maximise profits, but in the past the initial investment we made in buying their game was always enough

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    That AC-130 video does look sweet, but im still all for the boycott
    Which game actually started the trend for having us actually pay for extra content in games anyway? I first noticed it in Battlefield 2 when they started releasing extra factions or maps at a cost, which I never bothered getting because I didnt want to pay out on what was actually very little extra & there were very few servers running with the expansions anyway. I remember other expansion packs for games on the shelf before then for certain games, but usually the content you got was equivalent to a new game rather than just some patches, character skins & a map or two
    When I first got into PC gaming hundreds of mods, complete game overhauls, extra content, patches & everything were just released by both developers & the community for free! I know they're businesses & they want to maximise profits, but in the past the initial investment we made in buying their game was always enough
    PC gaming is dead, give it up and become one of us console gaming peasants.

United States
    as excited as i am about this game (day 1 purchase), i am a little disgusted about how smug IW is regarding this game and how much hype this game has building around it. and i'm going to second the thoughts about how over-rated MW is and how over-rated this game will be...

kinda like GTA4....my inner GTA-fanboy somehow overlooked the terribly sluggish the controls were and uninspired the gameplay and missions were compared to the awesomesauce of vice city and san andreas....as a matter of fact, i'm not even fork over 20 bones to fool with this newest DLC and pay for a bunch more shit they should've included in the original release. maybe i'll get it when it's 1/2 priced.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    PC gaming is dead, give it up and become one of us console gaming peasants.
    I used to be a console gamer up until the end of the PS2 era, but im not interested in the current generation, maybe my age, I dunno, & the PC is far from dead as a gaming platform anyway!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I used to be a console gamer up until the end of the PS2 era, but im not interested in the current generation, maybe my age, I dunno, & the PC is far from dead as a gaming platform anyway!
    Indeed, the PC is far from dead as a gaming platform.

Besides, all these consoles games are made on PCs.

There does need to be a proper handling of the PC market though when it comes to all-platform titles. This pish about shafting PC releases until later in the year, or providing a shitty port (like what happened with GTA IV - which I have on Xbox360).

I do most of my gaming now on Xbox360, my first console since my Mega Drive 2 actually - in those years inbetween I played PC games, but did play console titles at friend's houses on occasion. It was only when my rig on which I gamed at the time couldn't keep up (and was beyond updating to the required level), that I got myself an Xbox360 to do my gaming on - no worry about upgrades, and I was open to a whole array of titles that are never put on to PC.

However, I then got myself a brand spanking new beastly Quad Core (for my editing work), so naturally I was going to get a bit of gaming out of it too - in the past year I've played Crysis, STALKER Clear Sky, and Fallout 3 on it - as well as the Brotherhood of Steel add-on, and I'm currently on a break from Point Lookout (because GTA Episodes from Liberty City turned up yesterday a day before release ).

PC gaming ain't dead, it's just disrespected a lot, and there's no out-right winner. Each format has their own set of positives and negatives, and the big thing going for PC right now is the likes of World of Warcraft.

I think the key to getting more PC gamers is providing games that can be played on a wide variety of rigs, not just shit-hot ones, and ones which provide a wide-open playing experience for a wide array of gamers.

Ooh, The Sims, that's another one for PC which is an absolute monster, and another reason PC gaming is going nowhere. Like I said - it's just disrespected a lot as a format, and that should change.

Aye, there is a lot of hype and excitement around MW2, but there was a boatload around MW1. More for this as we all know how awesome MW1 was, but really, just ignore it and you'll be fine - I've been ignoring the hype mostly. I've been watching trailers and hearing bits of this and that, and personally been looking forward to it, but apart from that I've not been curled up in a corner like a jizz-covered junkie trying to scrape together enough cash to get a fix.

I think there has been some ego-waving from IW, which is disappointing, but I think there's been a lot more from the publisher - Activision, right? The suits gouging the market for as much money as possible.

Fortunately I pre-ordered my MW2 before the price-hike after they saw how many pre-orders they were getting.

As such though, it is in their extreme interest to provide a GOOD game. They'd be absolute morons not to with such hype, anticipation, and pre-orders heaped on their shoulders.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So wil this be better than frogger then?

NO FUCKING WAY! Nothing and I mean nothing beats Frogger. That game is so epic in comparison to MW2.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    NO FUCKING WAY! Nothing and I mean nothing beats Frogger. That game is so epic in comparison to MW2.

United States
    Fight Against Grenade Spam PSA:

I'm liking the "last kill" feature!
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 31-Oct-2009 at 01:44 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coinreturn View Post
    fight against grenade spam psa:

i'm liking the "last kill" feature!
    brilliant!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    OMG I think I just died a little inside...

There's no 4 player co-op through the story mode....not even a 2 player co-op...in fact...no co-op at all really.

There's special ops mode which is co-op in the vein of Mile High Club from the original, but with two players.

This simply isn't good enough. The one thing that made MW1 slightly less than the best game ever made was it's lack of co-op. Now IW has decided not to include it because the game "suffers"...wtf? Let me decide that. I've been waiting a couple of years for this title and now one of the most basic and fun features of any shooter is not happening, and being replaced by Special ops mode?

Gimmie a break.

All I fucking wanted was the 4player co-op through the story. FFS you could do it in Rainbow Six, CODWAW, Halo3 etc...NONE of those games suffered.

That has well and truly pissed me off. And to top it off, the game is as long or shorter in story mode compared to the original?

Make the fuckin' effort IW.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    25 Killstreak reward = TACTICAL NUKE!

Ends the match instantly, the person with the most kills at that point wins.

The chances of this happening in a regular match are very very slim, but if you can get 25 kills in a row, more power to you.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 31-Oct-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    25 kills in a row happens all the time....

Why are my alarm bells going off?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    25 kills in a row happens all the time....
    Without dying? Maybe like once a month, if that. It takes a supremely skilled player to pull that off in a competitive multiplayer match.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    hmmm...maybe....now that I think about it...not sure I ever saw my mate, who's a genius at this game, score more than 15 without dying...will ask him...