Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: *new* Modern Warfare 2 "Infamy" trailer!!!

United States
    in call of duty 4, i've got a 16 killstreak, and the highest killstreak of any of my friends is 24.

25 seems pretty high. hard to imagine that happening that often, but there are some players out there who are almost ungodly good at games.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    in call of duty 4, i've got a 16 killstreak, and the highest killstreak of any of my friends is 24.

25 seems pretty high. hard to imagine that happening that often, but there are some players out there who are almost ungodly good at games.
    I'm not quite sure what my highest killstreak in CoD4 was, but it was pretty high. World At War is frustratingly hard to get killstreaks... actually, that game as a whole is extremely frustrating.

United States
    i have a kill steak of 21 in world at war, but if i recall, that was a tank level, so it doesn't really count.

i actually have been enjoying world at war more than modern warfare recently...something about m1a1 rifles and flamethrowers...

United States

launch trailer

holy shit, i'm now fanatical about this game. flat-out mayhem warzone levels in the burbs looks amazing. loads of intense looking shots there, action packed for sure. and that's not even looking at the improved multiplayer...

less than a week, fellas.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 05-Nov-2009 at 04:41 AM.

United States
    Looking good!

Stumbled across this sniper montage:

Super Moderator

UK
    Brand new launch trailer!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyASw-1KWyU

Good lord I've got a boner right now...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Good lord I've got a boner right now...
    hate to be a sgt. buzzkill, but i also was pretty bonerfied when i posted that same vid last night.

EDIT: well, i just dorked out and bought the first article of crap for my xbl avatar. now i'm all decked out in MW2 gear. pretty nifty, but i got a feeling that it'll be worn by damn near everyone.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 05-Nov-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    hate to be a sgt. buzzkill, but i also was pretty bonerfied when i posted that same vid last night.
    Whoops!

Forgot to "previous post check" ... but as you well know, with a video like that, you're sent into such a frenzied nerdgasm that you're about to explode, Randy Marsh style.

Canada
    I read somewhere that helicopters and air strikes no longer count toward your kill streak points, so you have to get the 25 kills regularly.

also, the PC version looks like it got the raw end of the deal.

no dedicated servers
    18 players max
    no competitive mods or developer consule
    no lean
    no vote kicking

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The launch trailer was good until Eminem started rapping. WTF does he have to do with anything?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    The launch trailer was good until Eminem started rapping. WTF does he have to do with anything?
    i'll agree. the beat gets ya pumped and whatnot, but the annoying whine of eminem was too much. there's a lot more songs that would've worked much better for this trailer.

you're also aware that curtis 50 cent jackson is a voice actor for this game, right? you can find him in the club and on your xbox console.

Super Moderator

UK
    Fiddy has a voice in this?

I heard he went for the role of B.A. in The A-Team, but was too late ... snooze you lose Fiddy, but we all win ... well, relatively, I'm not stoked at all about "Rampage" or whatever his name is.

Anyway, yeah, odd music, but there was rap music in COD4 when that one soldier puts on rap music after you've stormed the television studio and not found your target. The beat was suitable in this trailer, but Eminem does have the inate talent of annoying at least half of the population.

More suitable than some dance shit though, that's for damn sure, or some teeny bopper pop crap, or ballroom music, or reggae, or...

United States
    The game was leaked on the internet a few days ago, and lots of mom and pop retailers are selling it early in major cities. Apparently there are about 100,000 people playing on both systems, yet the game doesn't come out for a 3 more days. That and the fact that it's multiplatform makes me think MW2 will probably beat Halo 3's single day sales record.

Here's another multiplayer montage:

I can't wait until Monday night, holy shitpiss that looks good!

Super Moderator

UK
    It's all lined up to break GTA IV's UK record last year with ease.

GTA IV sold like 926,000 copies in its first week. MW2 is set-up to sell 1.7 million!

With the added issue of jacked-up prices (a fiver was put on top of the price of all versions in the UK after a certain stage - I pre-ordered BEFORE Activision's price hike), it could well be the biggest selling game in the UK ever.

Isn't the projected worldwide sales figures something like over 11 million?

Hearing about "controversial scenes" that can be "skipped" if a player chooses just makes me all the more interested, especially as that corrupt little shit Keith Vaz MP (Labour) kicked up a fuss about Modern Warfare 2 in his usual moronic way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    FUCK!!! I just found out I could have traded in my Saints Row 2 and Fallout 3 for $40 off MW2. The offer ended today.