Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *new* Modern Warfare 2 "Infamy" trailer!!!

Super Moderator

UK

Talking *new* Modern Warfare 2 "Infamy" trailer!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwDshCdNG5w

Futhermocking Washington D.C. bitches! Holy crap this game looks seriously epic, all over everyone's faces.

Not only that, but diving off cliffs, piloting boats underground, operating a HumVee mounted gun as you drive through dusty streets, airport chaos, high drama, an assult on Washington - HOLY FOOKING SHIT am I amped for this game!

Basically, the shit's hitting the fan and we all get to play.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Oct-2009 at 10:54 AM.

United States
    What's the early word on Multiplayer/PvP boards?
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    Holy FAP that looks good! Finally, a game that doesn't shy away from DC in ruins, should be epic!

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    What's the early word on Multiplayer/PvP boards?
    There's a total of 17 known maps so far, though I've only seen a couple of them in action:

-Favela
    -Highrise
    -Afghan
    -Derail
    -Estate
    -Quarry
    -Wasteland
    -Invasion
    -Underpass
    -Rust
    -Terminal
    -Scrapyard
    -Skidrow
    -Sub Base
    -Uprise
    -Rundown
    -Karachi

Along with those, there's a mode called Special Ops, which are 2 player cooperative scenarios similar to the Mile High Club epilogue at the end of CoD4, and there are 20 of them. From Wiki:

Special Ops is divided into separate groups of missions with changeable difficulty levels. The third group, "Charlie", includes the mission "Breach and Clear", where the objective is to just make it to the end of the level. At the beginning of a mission, players select what weapon to use from several scattered around a room before the actual mission commences. Once a choice has been made, a nearby wall is breached and the mission begins. At the end of each mission, a statistics screen displays how long the player took to complete the level and how many kills were scored. Successfully completing a mission earns the player stars, with missions completed on Veteran difficulty rewarding up to three stars. These stars can be used to unlock further missions in the mode.
    01. Breach and Clear
    02. O Cristo Redentor
    03. Sniper Fi
    04. Hidden
    05. Suspension
    06. Body Count
    07. Acceptable Losses
    08. Bomb Squad
    09. Estate Takedown
    10. Time Trial
    11. The PIt
    12. Snatch & Grab
    13. Terminal
    14. Wreckage
    15. Overwatch
    16. Big Brother
    17. Evasion
    18. Race
    19. Homeland Security
    20. Wardriving

Super Moderator

UK
    So these 2 player co-op things ... that means two people in the same room, with a controller each, playing on the same Xbox console, can play together?

United States
    Yeah, Special Ops can be played alone, splitscreen, or online. Some more info:

Special Ops supports cooperative play for up to two players, and can be played alone, in split-screen locally with another player, or online with another player. It includes such scenarios as a snowmobile race, a battle alongside U.S. Navy SEALs, and fending off a wave of 50 enemies at once.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 05-Oct-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All i know is that I reserved this bitch last month even though I probably didn't need to. Because really, who runs out of stock these days?

But anyway, this and Left 4 Dead 2 are the two big holiday games for me.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwDshCdNG5w

Futhermocking Washington D.C. bitches! Holy crap this game looks seriously epic, all over everyone's faces.

Not only that, but diving off cliffs, piloting boats underground, operating a HumVee mounted gun as you drive through dusty streets, airport chaos, high drama, an assult on Washington - HOLY FOOKING SHIT am I amped for this game!

Basically, the shit's hitting the fan and we all get to play.
    So wil this be better than frogger then?

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    But anyway, this and Left 4 Dead 2 are the two big holiday games for me.

Borderlands?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Borderlands?
    Some of my friends have high hopes for Borderlands, but I'm still skeptical till I see a bit more about game play, both in the form of reviews and vids. Hopefully it'll rock though...hopefully.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Special Ops can be played alone
    Fokkin' yes, mate!

Even better than I'd thought. So I get single player, and then once I'm done I've got Special Forces to play with? Hell yeah!

So wil this be better than frogger then?
    It might be a close one.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 05-Oct-2009 at 07:40 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Fokkin' yes, mate!

Even better than I'd thought. So I get single player, and then once I'm done I've got Special Forces to play with? Hell yeah!
    Meanwhile, I'll be ONLINE kicking the crap outta of people (or vice versa).

United Kingdom
    After a lot of umming and ahhing about what platform to order it on (or even whether I should bother with it all at the moment) I put in a pre-order for the PC version last night - £30, not a bad price considering all my overthinking on the purchase. Then, one of the first things I read online when I went on the PC today was that, for god knows what reason, the PC release might be pushed back to the 24th of November.

I don't know why I bother.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    After a lot of umming and ahhing about what platform to order it on (or even whether I should bother with it all at the moment) I put in a pre-order for the PC version last night - £30, not a bad price considering all my overthinking on the purchase. Then, one of the first things I read online when I went on the PC today was that, for god knows what reason, the PC release might be pushed back to the 24th of November.

lol, indeed, why bother eh?

I saw that news yesterday and couldn't understand why it was getting delayed. Makes no sense whatsoever, and it's wrong to keep bitch-slapping the PC market, it really is.

I've got it pre-ordered on 360 though.

According to the IGN Daily Fix for Oct 5th, it's seemingly only the European version on PC that'll get delayed - although it's still slightly possible the NTSC version on PC could be delayed, but not likely.

Seems to be an issue of either:

1) Manufacturing problems.
    2) Piracy protection related.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 07-Oct-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

I'm sure they'll allow you transfer your deposit from a PC copy to and XBOX copy. It really makes no difference.

England
    and it's wrong to keep bitch-slapping the PC market, it really is.
    The worst thing is PC gamers are getting the raw deal of constant crappy console ports instead of "proper" PC games too, Arma 2 is the first game ive played on the PC this year that actually feels like a PC game to play! its really stifling creativity & developers dont really take risks with original & intelligent games these days

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I'm sure they'll allow you transfer your deposit from a PC copy to and XBOX copy. It really makes no difference.
    Well an Xbox copy from the same site would cost £10 more, plus I came to the conclusion that getting it on PC is really the best option. The most important thing being I'd only be able to play it on 360 a fraction of the amount I'd be able to on PC. I'm not really that bothered anymore, I just find buying stuff such a hassle.