Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: *new* Modern Warfare 2 "Infamy" trailer!!!

United States
    those of you still playing this online no doubt know that the so-called "stimulus package" is coming out next week. i, for one, am boycotting this rip-off till the price drops. some might say that 15 bucks for 5 maps is fair, but not when 2 are maps ported from the first modern warfare. in addition, i recall hearing talk of new special ops missions, but there's not going to be any of that added.

activison is probably the greediest game company out there, imo. the term "stimulus package" (lately, not literally, i suppose) implies a deal on behalf of the consumer, but to me, this just seems like a cash-grab for the greedy fucksticks who can't stop peddling shitty guitar hero games, crappy spiderman games, constantly declining tony hawk games, and are on track to ruin the call of duty franchise.

so i'm holding off till the price is more reasonable. i know it's only 5 bucks, but think of all the suckers who are throwing down for this and how much extra $$$ is being made from this. it's pretty sad.

a real stimulus package would be selling the map pack for 5 bucks. i'm sick as hell of game companies nickel-and-diming us to death and really wish people wouldn't part with their money so easily for shitty overpriced content. i understand that there are people whose jobs are making these maps, but you know damn well that this is just a corporate dickwad move on the part of activision's bigwigs. i'm tired of their arrogance about how "great" mw2 is and how it's the "biggest entertainment release ever" and think we should sit this one out till they get the hint.

okay, rant over.

(and yeah, i've heard all about how great BC2 is and how the maps are free, but i really don't care to discuss that here, so don't bother)
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 27-Mar-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dude. its a console shooter these are practically made nowadays with the income from map packs in mind. "why kill people in desert town when you can do it in forest town for $15!" people eat that up, especially repetition of what they like.

Canada
    FOUR HOUR CAMPAIGN
    BROKEN MULTI PLAYER WITH FUCKED UP WEAPONS
    2 HITS AND YOUR DEAD LOL
    15 DOLLARS FOR 3 NEW MAPS, AND 2 PORTED ONES
    PLOT MAKES NO SENSE
    RAMIREZ DO EVERYTHING

Okay, now seriously, that doesn't surprise me. Kotick, and b extension activison, are the greediest bunch of assholes in the gaming industry. Not a chance in hell I would pay 15 dollars for 3 new maps, and 2 ported ones.

I actually tried the game at a friends house however, and it was pretty fun. Not mind blowing, but it was fun to play. There are a few really really really fucking idiotic perks/weapon combinations out there, but it can be enjoyable if you have some friends to play with. Still holding off on it though, as I am not paying 70 bucks for the damn thing.

Also obligatory BC2 is fun, maps are free, etc. ad nauseum. You said not to mention it, therefore someone must mention it right?

Not that I have either mind you...huh...now I want a fps war game to play...shit.

United States
    so disappointed in these numbers:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/108/1082363p1.html

i honestly thought this would be a bust, but there are apparently more sheeple out there than i estimated.

on a side note, i'm thinking of trading in my copy of MW2, but not sure if it'll be taken due to the damage...doesn't read the disc sometimes. for my online multiplayer kicks, i think i'll stick to WaW and go for the last achievement (10th prestige, aptly titled "go outside") of the game.

United States
    okay, who didn't see this one coming? another shitty overpriced map-pack for the most overrated and busted-ass game this decade:

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/108/1089604p1.html

3 new maps, 2 old ones, 15 bucks. another no-lube ass-raping from crapavision.

on a side note, i've not played MW2 in over a month (don't even have the game anymore) and i don't miss it a bit.

United States
    I have the game but haven't played it in around the same time. BCBC2 and counterstrike source here on my laptop. Game was a huge disappointment
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    I don't know why they don't do a Vietnam game.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    I don't know why they don't do a Vietnam game.
    At least part of the next COD game (out November 10th 2010) will be set in Vietnam ... seems as though the game itself takes place over the Cold War, but over how many years we don't know and involving what aspects of history we also don't know.

But there will be Vietnam missions in COD: Black Ops.

I've still got my copy of MW2, natch. I played it three times in November and haven't gone back to it yet - been busy with other games - plus 3 times in one month burns you out on it a little bit, I'll have to leave it a good while before I return to it ... and I will return to it.

Canada
    Enjoy paying 15 dollars for 3 new maps, and 2 old ones, again!

Yep, anouther super expensive map pack is being released. Both map packs together (Stimulus, and resurgence) cost 30 dollars.

30 goddamn dollars for 6 new maps, and 4 ports with slight tweaks? I don't mind paying for DLC at all, but this is just...ridiculous. The shame is that tons of people are going to buy this one as well, and it will only cause activision to continue charging ridiculous prices for their DLC.