Thread: Autopsy of the Dead is now out on DVD

Administrator

England

Autopsy of the Dead is now out on DVD

Board up the windows and doors! More than 40 years after filming the 1968 horror masterpiece, Night of the Living Dead, the "dead" return in an all-new documentary from director Jeff Carney entitled Autopsy of the Dead.

144 Minutes / 4:3 / Color

Special Features
    · Locations of the Dead: A visit to the original filming locations
    · 1967 Behind-the-Scenes Newsreel
    · Profile: Rick Catizone of The Animators
    · Archive of the Dead: A gallery of authentic props & memorabilia
    · Blooper Reel
    · Original Theatrical Trailers, TV & Radio Spots
    · Original Publicity Still Gallery

More information at the official website http://www.autopsyofthedead.com/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Do yourselves a favour Night fans...

capncnut
    Not only a wee bump but also a question for Jim regarding the movie. Didn't want to make a whole new thread so I put it here.

I watched Autopsy of the Dead in a rather drunken state last night and woke up with the main menu music playing in a loop. That tune is pure class. Was wondering if it had a title and/or has been released on any of the soundtrack albums.

Good talking to you on the phone last night, Jim. Must do it again. And I must be more sober...

Undisclosed
    Depends on which menu you are on - if you are talking about the very first menu with the tombstone I believe, if I remember the music correctly after seeing it upteen thousand times during post it tends to become a blur lol, that was some that I made for the main documentary that was also used in the menus.

For the menus and all Autopsy music is a mixture of NOTLD music we licensed, original music by Jim, and original music I made. We both tried to keep any original music in the Night style..

Glad you enjoyed it!

Jeff

Last edited by C5NOTLD; 11-Jan-2010 at 09:36 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I watched Autopsy of the Dead in a rather drunken state last night and woke up with the main menu music playing in a loop. That tune is pure class. Was wondering if it had a title and/or has been released on any of the soundtrack albums.
    The documentary defaults to the radio in cemetery menu. If that's the menu you're talking about, it's a library cue by George Hormel. The title on the soundtrack LP is Boarding Up 2 / Discovery: Gun 'N Ammo.

The DVD main menu is the AUTOPSY tombstone. The ambient music loop in the background is an original piece by Jeff.

It was great chatting with you, Brett, even if you were piss ass drunk.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    The documentary defaults to the radio in cemetery menu. If that's the menu you're talking about, it's a library cue by George Hormel. The title on the soundtrack LP is Boarding Up 2 / Discovery: Gun 'N Ammo.
    Thanks, man. I am in love with the tune, it's so suspenseful and a perfect choice for the menu music.

And folks, snap up this gem of a DVD. You really don't know what you're missing. It's a vital entry to any Romero fans collection, and quite possibly the best documentary of Night of the Living Dead ever made. Hand over your dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    It was great chatting with you, Brett, even if you were piss ass drunk.
    Catching me sober at midnight on a friday or saturday is nigh on impossible. But yeah, we'll do it again soon.