Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if you won the lottery

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Oh I can't wait to see how this works out for him...
    i cant see him lasting to long with this point of view either, has he not read any of our other threads

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I would build a large underground bunker powered by a small unlicensed nuclear generator, thirty feet underground and sealed within twenty foot thick concrete and steel walls. I would fill it with about ten years worth of tinned food, water pipes connecting directly to an underground spring, radio gear, entertainment systems, exercise equipment, etc.

Not for the zombie/nuclear/chemical holocaust, of course; but to hide in when when I've squandered all my winnings and the bank has come to evict me from my house... GOOD LUCK SUCKERS!

Undisclosed
    i would buy an island in the carribean , stock it up with canned goods, set up a large farm to grow food, 6 or 7 hot girls to help me stop getting bored, a water purification plant/ nuclear power station, a large well stocked armoury... that should be ok for starters... i reckon 50 million should cover it, i suppose i better start doing the lottery now then

Undisclosed
    I would build a lab and start experimenting to create Zombies.

United States
    If I won the lottery it would surely be the day the zombies rose and by the next day the only one who'd care about my newfound wealth is Cholo.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    After winning the lottery, I would build a lake side cabin.

In the form of an Eagle from Space 1999.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    i would buy an island in the carribean , stock it up with canned goods, set up a large farm to grow food, 6 or 7 hot girls to help me stop getting bored, a water purification plant/ nuclear power station, a large well stocked armoury... that should be ok for starters... i reckon 50 million should cover it, i suppose i better start doing the lottery now then
    Make sure you have hurricane survivial training and supplies for that kind of emergency. Just saying.

I would do this anyways in case society collapsed. A specially built house or bombshelter with a stockpile of weapons *some illegal* and survivial gear & supplies to last a very long time. This would also include farming equipment and supplies. I would like this to be out in a rural and secluded place. I would avoid heavily populated areas, because of raiders and dumbasses like Khardis.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post

that may be the best lottery winnings idea i've ever heard.

i would seriously consider building a replica of the ape village in the original planet of the apes.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    If I won the lottery...

I'd pay off my car. Pay off all my other debts. Then I would buy a new building for a bar and have my favorite bartender M. come run and manage the place. I'd build a nice sound-proof apartment above the bar, and pretty much spend my days inside the bar drinking, listening to David Allen Coe, and buying drinks for folks I liked that came by to visit. When I'm ready to pass out in the evening, I'd just have to go upstairs to sleep in my apartment.

If the zombie apoc happened, I'd probably be too drunk or out of it to really notice... although saddened that no one would still be coming by my bar to drink and enjoy company with them.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Something I never really see people doing for zombie resistant homesteading is converting large barge type boats. I think they'd be great as they have enough surface area that you could set up a garden area engineered to ahve proper soil depth, drainage and water reclamation and ahve chickens and small animals and area to live. If you had a fortified warehouse with a dock it could be your plan B even.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post

Now that is nice. If I win I may just steal your idea

Twitching

United States
    Hmm,
    If I came into an obscene amount of money...first I'd take care of my unaddressed health concerns and those of my family that are uninsured like me, then paying off their debts (immediately family and few closest friends).

Then....
    Well, I believe *something* apocalyptic is bound to happen in the next few decades, so I would definitely invest in an extremely well-supplied, tempest-hardened, ridiculously reinforced structure of a rather roomy and subterranean nature *below my cool mansion*.

It's the one really cool idea Umbrella ever had. Put your badass underground complex under a luxurious mansion. Given the privilege afforded the rich you'd have it made until the end of civilization began, and by then you'd be in a great position to hold your ground with the help of the highly proficient ex-military-turned private security/bodyguards who you have been seemingly generous enough to put on lavish retainers and give their families generous expense accounts, *on the condition they move in to one wing of your mansion*.

Generosity? Hah. When the crap hits the fan I want to tie these highly proficient combatants down into defending my position by having the safety of their own families depend on their success in doing so. Of course I'd be ultra-paranoid in the security measures used to lock away the long-term supplies, as a deterrent to prevent them from simply eliminating me and seizing whats mine for themselves. Voiceprint identification, next-gen retinal scans sensitive enough to discriminate between blood vessels in the white of the eye that are still pumping blood and those that are not. (Don't want an enterprisingly amoral ex-employee pulling a Simon Phoenix on me)

Not so much worried about a zombie apocalypse. More the regular kind. Super-Flu Pandemic/widespread bio-terrorism, middling-sized asteroid impact, the Yellowstone Super-Volcano popping the cap of its caldera. You name it, I'd like to be ready for it. The advent of the undead walking would be covered by my defensive preparations, but certainly wouldn't be a primary focus.

No, that would be establishing my own private techie paradise defensibly self-sufficient enclave.