Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if you won the lottery

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

if you won the lottery

if you were to win the lottery or came into a ton of money otherwise would you really take into account a zombie outbreak when you built your new house or bought land or done anything else like that? i for one would, my house would be in the middle of a man made lake with one bridge connecting it with the land and a brick wall around the grounds. i would also invest in reloading supplies and other need to have items such as food, water, and so on. i know some would say its bad to stay hold up in one spot and that its been asked a million times "what would you do?" but a major zombie outbreak pretty much means the end of the world and i for one would rather die at home. please feel free to add any imput on what you would do with a large bank account and no zombies around yet.

United States
    Sure, why not? I'd also use my wealth at getting a quality Romero video game produced, pay the actors and illustrators to finish the last episode of Dungeons & Dragons from my childhood, and buy the Minnesota Twins and make them the Yankees of the Midwest.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah. I mean, were I too have a great wealth to my name I'd be sure to own some nice places and some of them would be very 'back to nature' and retreat oriented. Though nothing too crazy, mind you.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    some of them would be very 'back to nature' and retreat oriented. Though nothing too crazy, mind you.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Hey I think I pass this place on my way to work, but it's all mexicans living there now, they ran the rednecks off.

great pic..being from the south I can appreciate the humor in that.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Is it just me or would it actually be awesome to live there? It would be like living in Megaton (Fallout 3), only without the radiation poisoning (unless the pic was taken in Nevada)

Banned User

Undisclosed
    haha i totally see the Megaton similarity now that you mention it.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    If I won the lottery my primary residence would be a yacht.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    If I won the lottery I'd build a huge mansion for myself, with walls and moats and everything, as well as tons of secret labyrinths and stuff. Would I do it in case of a zombie invasion? No, I'd just be doing it to amuse myself. I'd have medieval armors on display too, and some of them programmed to make small movements when nobody's looking.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Fortress house? Nah, I'd just live at Kong. Oh yeh, I'm already there! - 2D
    I wouldn't waste money on houses or cars if I suddenly came into a fortune, no sir! I'd build me a warehouse, and put a skatepark in there. Then I'd buy some guitars, set up a bandstand, charge admission, and have the most ragin' pad around! Oh, and I'd have a bedroom/kitchen/bath, just in case. Self-preservation be damned!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    If I won the lottery - no i wouldn't build a house fortified for zombie attacks...especially one on a moat (seepage, subsidence etc etc)...

I'd probably just buy a nice mansion that would naturally have a security gate and fence around the perimetre - job done...zeds out, Trev in, bring on da hos!

See you have to factor in that a zombie outbreak is highly unlikely therefore not worth wasting money for protection from it.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    See you have to factor in that a zombie outbreak is highly unlikely therefore not worth wasting money for protection from it.
    To quote the legendary Graboid hunter, Burt Gummer: "When you need it and you don't have it, you sing a different tune..."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    To quote Oingo Boingo: "No one lives forever! Hey!"
    Seriously... as Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel (aka Boba Fett) said, "You can't love life too much, Pleader. Everyone dies."

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 View Post
    if you were to win the lottery or came into a ton of money otherwise would you really take into account a zombie outbreak when you built your new house or bought land or done anything else like that? i for one would, my house would be in the middle of a man made lake with one bridge connecting it with the land and a brick wall around the grounds. i would also invest in reloading supplies and other need to have items such as food, water, and so on. i know some would say its bad to stay hold up in one spot and that its been asked a million times "what would you do?" but a major zombie outbreak pretty much means the end of the world and i for one would rather die at home. please feel free to add any imput on what you would do with a large bank account and no zombies around yet.
    LMAO No i wouldnt take it into account because a zombie outbreak would absolutely never happen LOL.. you are funny.. I love the movies but be real

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMovies View Post
    LMAO No i wouldnt take it into account because a zombie outbreak would absolutely never happen LOL.. you are funny.. I love the movies but be real
    Oh I can't wait to see how this works out for him...