Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Issues with Dead Rising

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    if they were more lenient in saving the timeframe wouldve become a moot point, but its different strokes for different folks, some people think left 4 dead is to frantic, i like dead rising fro what it was, it gave an illusion of post apocalyptic freedom when actually your a mouse in a lab, set to a time limit to find the cheese scattered about. it wasnt the freeroaming mmo romero world game everyone wants but theres nothing like it out so its got nothing to compete against.
    Having been playing a lot of Fallout 3 of late - what we really need, is a GAR zombie FPS-RPG world along the exact same lines as Fallout 3 (minus the nuclear futuristic fallout scenario).

Seriously - how much bulbous ass would that kick up and down the block? Fucking LOADS is what. Dead Rising was a big hit, so I'm damn skippy sure a GAR zombie version of Fallout 3 would pwn not only gamer's arses, but the sales charts too.

GIMME IT! GIMME IT! GIMME IT!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    agree with MZ...open world RPG in a huge city packed with zombies...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    agree with MZ...open world RPG in a huge city packed with zombies...
    Just think how awesome that would be eh?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'd shit my pants and dump my girlfriend....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    sometimes i just go to ther subway tunnels in FO3 with a shotgun to ventilate zombies for a few hours.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I'd shit my pants and dump my girlfriend....
    :

Oh man that made me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    sometimes i just go to ther subway tunnels in FO3 with a shotgun to ventilate zombies for a few hours.
    Yeah, I like blasting the feral ghouls they have in Fallout 3 ... it's still not an army of shambling zombies though ... that's what I want, just like I said before ... man I hope they do a game like that soon, because it'd be hilarious to just set up a camcorder sneakily on Symph's shelf somewhere, and record him seeing the news that such a game was coming out ... and then his aforementioned reaction.

It'd be like Beadle's About.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I was so looking forward to this a couple of years ago but when i finally bought it i just could not get into it. I think its because i find the time limit so restrictive and daunting. Ive only ever got about 3 hours in an ended up quitting in frustration. I never know which 'events' to go to and the fact its possible to lose the whole game if you run out of time just makes it seem like more stress than fun.

should i try again and stick it out?

You should just quit and play left 4 dead and see how you like it. Imo, dead rising is an o.k. game but it got tired qickly for me. I've been playing left 4 dead a few night a wee for almost a year already. I guess it's all a matter of personal taste.

You shouldn't have to feel bad about a game having zombies in it and not calling it the greatest thing since sliced bread.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned User

Undisclosed
    i am a HUGE fan of Valve and a HUGE fan of zombies, why I never got Left4Dead is a mystery. i will get it though eventually

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    i am a HUGE fan of Valve and a HUGE fan of zombies, why I never got Left4Dead is a mystery. i will get it though eventually

Do you mean "got it" as I don't get why everyone thinks it's so great or "got it" as in i suck at this game?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned User

Undisclosed
    no i mean i have not acquired it

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The ultimate zombie game for me would be like Dead Rising Chop Till you Drop but with tweaked everything.
    - Zombies are faster paced and more agressive (think Land and Diary of the Dead) and at night they run, no poodles, parrots or bees.
    - The day/night cycle would be restored though there's no story, what your doing is purely riding out a storm and rescuring people.
    - There would be no mall music, the audio would take cues from Doom 3 and Dead Space
    - cultists and special forces operate like RE4's Ganados with various weapons like handguns, swords, grenades and flamethrowers.
    - You can block doors like in RE4 amd stronger zombies can break them down.
    - During the day well lit plazas are empty there's a few lurkers (zombies that sit or play dead) and sprinters, at night they come out in greater numbers.
    - motion plus for various ways of dismemberment.
    - You can arm survivors.

The original was alright but really flawed, sometimes I put it in to do it all again then after a hour or two I take it out due to boredom.

Super Moderator

United States
    Dead Rising quickly fell flat for me, as well and everything I see about the new one irks me a bit. It's not a zombie game to me, so much as a zomedy.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    no i mean i have not acquired it

Ah, the infamous door number 3.