Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Rodriguez rebooting Predator?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Evil Dead(1 or 2), so that could be a problem. I love Army of Darkness, though.

Deep Rising was just like a Scifi tv movie to me. A few cool effects/deaths, but the story and everything else was horrible. It was a prelude to Sommer's present body of work...
    I know where you're coming from. I just had a really good time with it. It's one of those trashy movies that I just like for some reason. Everyone has a few of those, right?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I know where you're coming from. I just had a really good time with it. It's one of those trashy movies that I just like for some reason. Everyone has a few of those, right?
    Yeah mine would be most of Carpenters Movies from They Live onwards

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    Yeah mine would be most of Carpenters Movies from They Live onwards
    LOL! They Live was awesome, though! It spoke to the conspiracy theorist in me.

I've heard good things about In the Mouth of Madness too, but I've not seen it yet.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Mouth of Madness is amazing, especially if you like Lovecraft, Sam Neil is brilliant in it too. I loved They Live too. I enjoyed all of his movies to be honest ,some a lot more than others.

United States
    it's amazing how off-the-rails this thread is....

..and yeah, in the mouth of madness is fucking great.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Yeah its such a great film and NEVER got a region 2 release on dvd. i had to download it from demonoid.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The word reboot itself implies that a franchise has gone so horribly off track (ala Friday the 13th, Halloween) that there's no salvaging it and that the studio might as well start over. Idealy they take what worked from the series and implement it in the reboot version. It's supposed to be a leaner, meaner, bigger, badder version of what we all knew and loved.

Doesn't always work out that way though.

And for the record, like the thing, Predator is a virtually perfect film and does not need a remake. Many make excuses for reboots and remakes on the grounds that the effects from the original film are so dated it's like an eyesore. I do not subscribe to that theory and think the films were made in an era gone by and should be appreciatd for what they are.

The sad part is that they can't even get into what are wonderful plots and storylines because they are so bothered by what they percieve are inferior effects.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    The casting so far is confusing. Adrian Brody(okay), Topher Grace(Whaaa?).
    Huh? Are they gonna kill the predators with underfed snarkiness? With a dash of brooding?

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

You know what the problem is here? You were watching Deep Rising.
    Oi!!!! You lay off Deep Rising!!! I love that movie!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post

Oi!!!! You lay off Deep Rising!!! I love that movie!!
    I have a weakness for Deep Rising...it's Cthulhuness and cheese make it a fun distraction once in a while. And, seriously...Famke Jansen

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Comingsoon has a small but decent little interview with director Nimrod Antal.

When asked about the casting of Adrian Brody in the lead role:
    "Again, it was a challenge in finding a balance. I think when we cast Adrian, there were a lot of people going, 'What?' but at the same time, if we cast a Vin Diesel in that role or if we cast anyone who is Arnold-esque, we would have been attacked for doing that. So we decided early on to go in a very different direction as far as the casting process, but it turned out fantastic. He plays a mercenary in the film and if you look at the guys in Iraq and Afghanistan today, they're not 'yolked-out' Schwarzenegger-looking guys. They're all very wiry and thin guys, and I think it's going to play well."
    When asked about a possible cameo from Arnold he beats around the bush a bit(AKA : We're trying/ It's going to happen):
    "Time will tell. We'll see, but we are trying to stay with the original as far as the monster and the atmosphere and the tone of the film, but we are trying to do something new and contemporary and feels fresh."
    And he also says that the film will be rated R and a few things about how much Rodriguez is involved. Link.

United States
    glad to hear they're not watering it down just so they can get a pg-13 rating. looking forward to seeing a trailer for this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Photos

Nice to see a predator back in a jungle environment. Adrian Brody doesn't look as out of place as I had imagined, either.
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Jan-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh yeah

It can go 50/50, but i'm excited to see it.

Trailer in a few days...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Sure it does. Faster, cooler and doesn't need any fancy, stupid weapons. Just jump on him and BAM, he's dead.
    Sort of like tigers V's humans...which species is going extinct again?

I agree that the alien is Hell cool and rocks like a mofo, but old Predator has guns and technology.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    But the tiger doesn't have acid for blood and it doesn't reproduce via it's victims stomachs!