Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Robert Rodriguez rebooting Predator?

United States

Robert Rodriguez rebooting Predator?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That article is actually pretty old. They've already began casting(Danny Trejo, Adrian Brody) and photography is set to begin within the next few weeks.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    hmmm....I hate this "reboot" shite...its just a way of saying "cop out" or "money making excersise"...

These things don't need "rebooting" - wtf...its just an excuse to get around making the same film over and over and over.

I know what happens at the end of Predator...who wants to see someone deliver the line "you're one ugly m*therf*cker" with less impact than it had in the mid eighties? Not me.

this is probably the best film so far to get a reboot though - I mean. who really cares about the 10 versions of 2 fast, 2 furious?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    hmmm....I hate this "reboot" shite...its just a way of saying "cop out" or "money making excersise"...

These things don't need "rebooting" - wtf...its just an excuse to get around making the same film over and over and over.
    Technically....this isn't a reboot. Rodrgiuez wrote this script in the early 90's when he was hired by the studio to do so. After Predator 2 didn't perform well they canned it. So now that the AVP movies were let downs and Ridley Scott is working on another Alien, the studio went back to Rodriguez and asked if he wanted to make it.

So it's really a sequel....

Call me immature, but it cracks me up that the directors name is Nimrod.
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Oct-2009 at 12:08 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    well if it's a totally different film and therefore a follow on from the original, as you said it qualifies as a sequel...which I'd be slightly more welcoming of.

And yeh, AVP was a total wankbutcher
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    well if it's a totally different film and therefore a follow on from the original, as you said it qualifies as a sequel...which I'd be slightly more welcoming of.

And yeh, AVP was a total wankbutcher
    Yarp.

I'd much rather have a sequel than a remake.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Technically....this isn't a reboot. Rodrgiuez wrote this script in the early 90's when he was hired by the studio to do so. After Predator 2 didn't perform well they canned it. So now that the AVP movies were let downs and Ridley Scott is working on another Alien, the studio went back to Rodriguez and asked if he wanted to make it.

So it's really a sequel....
    That's something rather good to hear! The AvP films were pretty awful, so a return to form could certainly help. Let's see if it gets pulled off.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I haven't seen AvP2, but just so you all know, an alien would OWN a predator.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I haven't seen AvP2, but just so you all know, an alien would OWN a predator.
    Shiiiiiiit. Maybe a whole swarm of Aliens, but one alien has got nothing on a Predator.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Sure it does. Faster, cooler and doesn't need any fancy, stupid weapons. Just jump on him and BAM, he's dead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Sure it does. Faster, cooler and doesn't need any fancy, stupid weapons. Just jump on him and BAM, he's dead.
    He wouldn't be able to see him! Nevermind jump on him. If somehow the alien even gets close to the predator, he just pins him with a spear, cuts him with a disc, shoots him with the shoulder cannon, or takes him down with his strength. All the alien has is a tail and a tongue that reaches about 6 inches.

Look....I prefer the Alien series over the Predator series, but you just can't claim that one alien could take down a predator. A whole crowd of them, yes...but just one? Give me a break, ned.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Aliens don't see at all. They have no eyes! So the predators cloaking device would save him from absolutely dick. Har-har! The aliens both stronger, faster and has longer reach. So there you go, Aliens rule.

capncnut
    Yeah, Aliens are definitely harder. 8 foot tall, acid for blood, extra set of jaws, all sensing beast vs a Lennox Lewis lookalike with a spear.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys are insane. Letting your love for the alien series cloud your judgement.

And how do we know that aliens can't see? Just because eyes aren't visible to us doesn't mean they can't see. We don't know what's under that dome. In fact....the original HR Giger alien had eyes and even the alien in the film had eye sockets underneath the dome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    So far we've got: Taller, longer reach, super strength, super agility (which together adds up to super-jump!!!) and acid blood. There's simply no way the predator can win. Sorry!