Thread: Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2) - Two Versions?

United States

Resident Evil: Outbreak (PS2) - Two Versions?

I know that this is sort of an odd question, but anyone point out to me the difference between the two versions of Resident Evil: Outbreak on Amazon.com?

I can't seem to find one, but there must be because there are two different prices for each.

Thanks.

#1: http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-...6007847&sr=8-1

#2: http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-...6007847&sr=8-5

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    First off that's way too much to be paying for both here's a link to both games at a fraction of the cost:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/searc...il:%20Outbreak

As for which game is better, if you can only get one, get file # 2. It's better in every way plus has a kick ass bonus scenario which i eventually ditched the main game for.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    First off that's way too much to be paying for both here's a link to both games at a fraction of the cost:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/searc...il:%20Outbreak

As for which game is better, if you can only get one, get file # 2. It's better in every way plus has a kick ass bonus scenario which i eventually ditched the main game for.

that and the first has loading times that are obscene, seriously, it starts with theopening that should BE the opening to a resident evil film and your in control, exit a room.....

it loads the next room.

near as i ken form memory there similar but with different missions, think left for dead 1 and 2, only shitty.

Canada
    I really enjoyed outbreak, and maybe I am the only one that did. File 2 was easily the better, as it had marked improvements, such as quicker loading times, more dialogue, special character items, better scenarios, and even shooting....while you walk. I'm still dismayed that they never included that in other Resident evil titles- it really is an amazing thing.

Too bad the online play was borked, as capcom had the brilliant idea to not allow people to talk using mikes- you had to use the predetermined dialogue options, and that was frustrating, too say the least. Still fun if you can get a good team, but yea.

It's a shame that they closed the servers down though...I really wanna go back online with it.

United States
    Thanks for the info, but did anyone click on the links? I know about the File #2 game. This is referring to the original game and the two different versions that are on Amazon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Thanks for the info, but did anyone click on the links? I know about the File #2 game. This is referring to the original game and the two different versions that are on Amazon.

Yes, i did. They are both the same game but for some reason one is double the price. The reason why I provided you with that link is that you could get both of them for the $30 pricetag for the original alone on amazon.

Hey it's your choice.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    i have no clue as to what's different about these 2 versions, but i can tell you one thing: whatever it is, it isn't worth the extra dough.

i really dug the concept of that game, and there was a couple of fun scenarios, but the countless load screens and the eternity you had to wait during those screens soured me pretty quickly on the game.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i have no clue as to what's different about these 2 versions, but i can tell you one thing: whatever it is, it isn't worth the extra dough.

i really dug the concept of that game, and there was a couple of fun scenarios, but the countless load screens and the eternity you had to wait during those screens soured me pretty quickly on the game.

Yeah, the loading times were awful. Furthermore, is it me or was controling the characters even more clunky than usual for RE games?

A cool addition was melee weapons though. I guess left for dead 2 scavenged that idea and will actually make it work this time.