Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawn poster books

United States

Dawn poster books

Who's got one of the Dawn of the Dead poster books? A few years ago they were available thru Tom Savini's website savini.com but I never purchased one. I've checked back a few times and it looks like they sold out of them.
    Know where to get one these days?
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    a few years ago? dude that was a decade ago!!! hehe

I got two, one signed by Emge and Foree - but one was damaged in a flood but I can't remember which....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    I got two, one signed by Emge and Foree
    You lucky dog you! You saying you got yours back in the 70's when the film was running?
    It was like I remember sometime around 03 that Tom was offering them on his website.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

United States
    they are as ugly as all hell
    really not impressive except for 'collector' value.

I got rid of most of my Romero collection,
    Cap got a bunch of it, if i find another poster book
    Ill send it to you.

dont waste your money buying one,
    in my opinion they are not worth it.

now i will allow the fact that others have
    the complete opposite view as me, and u
    can listen to whom you choose.

There is one on Ebay right now for $95 signed
    by Savini. Go for it if u want it.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Cap got a bunch of it
    I'm still ploughing through that monster package you sent me, seriously it was as big as a fucking TV...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    a few years ago? dude that was a decade ago!!! hehe

I got two, one signed by Emge and Foree - but one was damaged in a flood but I can't remember which....
    That's two better than I got. I'd love to have those guys in my collection. Did you meet 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    they are as ugly as all hell
    really not impressive except for 'collector' value.

Cap got a bunch of it, if i find another poster book
    Ill send it to you.

dont waste your money buying one,
    in my opinion they are not worth it.

now i will allow the fact that others have
    the complete opposite view as me, and u
    can listen to whom you choose.

There is one on Ebay right now for $95 signed
    by Savini. Go for it if u want it.
    I'll have to take you up on that. If anything it'd be a neat companion for collecting autographs from our four favorite heroes. Keep me informed.

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I'm still ploughing through that monster package you sent me, seriously it was as big as a fucking TV...
    Hey bro I'll give you a hand. Whatever you do don't let it find it's way into your next yard sale.

ViP

United States
    The poster art inside the poster book is nothing short of beautiful, not to be written off as mere collector value.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    Who's got one of the Dawn of the Dead poster books? A few years ago they were available thru Tom Savini's website savini.com but I never purchased one. I've checked back a few times and it looks like they sold out of them.
    Know where to get one these days?
    You mean one of these http://www.homepageofthedead.com/baps/dawnpb.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    That's two better than I got. I'd love to have those guys in my collection. Did you meet 'em?
    yeah at a convention in Birmingham a few years back....you could get them quite easily off ebay for a while.

I seem to remember Tom Savini had found a bunch of them in his attic in like 1997 and was offering them on his website...I only remember that well because I had to use my college's internet to access the site which was on Windows 3.1 - I had no internets to speak of....I left that college in 98...

but in answer to the previous question - I was unfortunately a couple of years from being concieved when Dawn was released
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You mean one of these
    Yep! Das de one.

I need to find me one. I have a t-shirt, playing cards, and a 2001 convention poster from the Monroeville Mall. The poster book would go good with what I have.

Administrator

England
    Yep! Das de one.

I need to find me one. I have a t-shirt, playing cards, and a 2001 convention poster from the Monroeville Mall. The poster book would go good with what I have.
    They're on ebay, but not cheap...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Has anyone ever seen this poster for sale anywhere? If i'm not mistaken, that's the same as the slip cover in the Warhol DVD. I've wanted it for a long time but never seen it...
    Last edited by bassman; 23-Oct-2009 at 03:49 PM.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Has anyone ever seen this poster for sale anywhere? If i'm not mistaken, that's the same as the slip cover in the Warhol DVD. I've wanted it for a long time but never seen it...
    Yeah. It is contained inside said poster book that the thread is about.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Yeah. It is contained inside said poster book that the thread is about.

I was meaning more of a reprint. Just that one poster sold at an online or in store retailer...

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I was meaning more of a reprint. Just that one poster sold at an online or in store retailer...
    I think the actual item can be had for under $40. I haven't ever seen a reprint floating around.