Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why Aren't More Women Here?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    I think that in general (of course) men are more immediately attracted to films involving action, hunting and survival and women to films about human relationships.
    There you go. Spot on.

(By the way, Fellas, a Real. Live. Female. gave us the best answer to the 'Sausage Party' question around here, and I'm the first one pointing that out, a page later?)

But, yeah, in general, George Romero's movies have done a damn good job bridging that gap between Visceral thrills and Emotional development.
    That's why his films work so well, even with limited budgets.
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    But, yeah, in general, George Romero's movies have done a damn good job bridging that gap between Visceral thrills and Emotional development.
    That's why his films work so well, even with limited budgets.
    +1

Look how popular Shaun of the Dead was with all genders- and no, not because Simon Pegg is cute, because there are plenty of films out there containing cute guys that most straight women nevertheless can't be arsed with!

Humour made a big difference, but the slightly soap opera-ish drama probably helped too, imo.

(For the record, I loved Shaun of the Dead but would rather eat a dirt sandwich than follow a soap, despite the best efforts of various female friends to get me "into" them!)
    Last edited by Chic Freak; 22-Oct-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    +1

Look how popular Shaun of the Dead was with all genders- and no, not because Simon Pegg is cute, because there are plenty of films out there containing cute guys that most straight women nevertheless can't be arsed with!

Humour made a big difference, but the slightly soap opera-ish drama probably helped too, imo.

That's it, innit? Take away the zombies and you have a pretty decent romantic comedy.

Y'know...Spaced...
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I have to say, if my gf didn't like gore movies I'd have to move on..! hahaha
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    'Cos me and Darth Los teabagged most of 'em, the spud bouncing word got out and, y'know...

Did I say that out loud?

Here, let me press a button to summon...

<click>

There's more truth to that than they know cap!!

Does anyone remember when adreno posted that pic of heidi as a bear?

To anyone who wasn't here in there HLS, ADRENO, DC BURNy days you missed some real funny shit.

Khardis was like the last gasp of the purge.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    HEIDI....I remember a person on the Robhalford board called Heidi and she got so badly banned that everytime you typed her name it came out as *****

lol
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    DC BURNy days you missed some real funny shit.
    ugh. what a fucking asshole that dude was. then he returned as svengoolie and got permabanned. he was one of the worst people i've ever run across on the internet.

oh and for you newer guys, here's a choice bit of HLS, call it one of her greatest hits.

Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    What really gives me gas, and I can not believe I am admitting this, is dried apricots. I ate a whole bag once before work and I was farting all day for hours. It was so embarrassing. I had enough gas to power a small city for a day. lol
    Last edited by Mike70; 22-Oct-2009 at 05:32 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    Ahh the HLS, a fine example of walmart shopping, tin foil hat wearing overweight trailer trash with stalker tendencies! She added me on myspace once but after a quick glance over her profile as well as reading her posts on here, deletion followed pretty quick

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    ugh. what a fucking asshole that dude was. then he returned as svengoolie and got permabanned. he was one of the worst people i've ever run across on the internet.
    Yeah, he almost got me banned when i first showed up. This is before i figured out that he was a trouble maker and he was just trying to stick it to Neil. I didn't want any part of that.

This was waaaaay back when we had the rep system. anyone remember that? Good riddance to it anyway. It was more trouble than it was worth.

He was funny as hell though. When the flame wasn't directed at you personally that is.

Last edited by darth los; 22-Oct-2009 at 05:23 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    HEIDI....I remember a person on the Robhalford board called Heidi and she got so badly banned that everytime you typed her name it came out as *****

lol
    That would be a hilarious addition to these boards... ADMINS - take notes!

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Does anyone remember when adreno posted that pic of heidi as a bear?
    Damn it, I wish I remembered that! Hopefully someone has that pic saved somewhere...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Ahh the HLS, a fine example of walmart shopping, tin foil hat wearing overweight trailer trash with stalker tendencies! She added me on myspace once but after a quick glance over her profile as well as reading her posts on here, deletion followed pretty quick
    torlet.

the story about cockroaches in her toilet paper was, uh, disturbing.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    OK can someone pls start a thread and dish the dirt on this one? It sounds hilarious...

I swear one day you'll all be saying this stuff about me. hahaha

United States
    jesus, you guys are brutal....she was around when i first started posting here (after many years of lurking), but i never got to witness any of the finer moments that you're highlighting....

but holy shit, what the fuck would inspire someone to post that much info about getting gas?!?!? maybe i'm glad i don't recall any of that madness...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    OK can someone pls start a thread and dish the dirt on this one? It sounds hilarious...

I swear one day you'll all be saying this stuff about me. hahaha
    Yeah, I recognise the names HLS and DCburny from when I was a lurker, but I missed all of this drama. So please do give us a warts and all, in-depth account!

Undisclosed
    I forget how and don't know why I put it together but I think Svengoolie was Tanner Boyle (or whatever that kid's name from Bad News Bears is) at Sphere Wars and over there he was a little brash and all "I love the 70s" but he didn't cause any trouble whatsoever.