Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Aren't More Women Here?

United States

Why Aren't More Women Here?

This is a great forum. Before becoming a member instead of a "lurker" for about a decade (I've been around HOTD since it was on the old Fozznet -- or was it Fuzznet? -- server, that's right, I'm freaking ancient), I often came on here and read but never really participated. I regret that, but since becoming active in the last six months I've really enjoyed participating here and getting to know you great, albeit equally insane as me, folks.

Something I wonder about though is the ratio between men and women who participate here. Other than about two or three great gals here, the rest of us are a bunch of guys. Why do you all think that is?

I guess that for most traditional gals the whole "living dead" ideology would turn them off. It doesn't have Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock and it's certainly not a love story (sans "Shaun", though I might get a good butt-kickin' for saying that's why chics aren't into it). Yet, at the same time, Romero's original trilogy have some of the strongest female characters of any horror films (through the time period they were made especially) in Fran and Sarah. I would honestly think more gals would be into the insane and crazy stuff we are into here and participate with us more often.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    You seem like a nice guy so I thinks its best
    you dont get introduced to HLS.

Administrator

England
    Its pretty common amongst internet forums for the majority of members to male anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post

oh, my. that floored me.
    best. post. EVER!
    Last edited by Mike70; 21-Oct-2009 at 05:43 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    without sounding like I'm generalising I'd say the ratio for girls enjoying the sight of someone's neck being torn off and their vocal chords expanding, resulting in a shrill scream, would put off a range of women from visiting here!

which is ironically the same reason I don't go on the Hannah Montana forums...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Probably because all the guys on here look like this :

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Probably because all the guys on here look like this :

I kinda miss heidi and adreno. It was funny watching them go back and forth.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

Germany
    torlet

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I kinda miss heidi and adreno. It was funny watching them go back and forth.
    adreno is still around. he doesn't post or visit much anymore.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    torlet

there's signature fodder all over this thread.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Maybe I should lift the ban? I could do with a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    torlet
    Legendary.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Most gals are into shopping, FB-ing, hanging out with their gal pals while those of us males are either married or at Uni, work and have other shit in our lives but always make time to come and chat, socialize, or whatever at HPotD.

Its a gender thing, not many gals into the living dead thing unless its Vampires and honestly do you want a board full of twilighters running around going EDWARD WOULD MAKE A GREAT ZOMBIE....to which my reply would be... Hunny, the fucker already IS a zombie, in the movies and real life.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Maybe I should lift the ban? I could do with a laugh.
    As could we all.

I wouldn't be opposed to it. What she did couldn't have been that bad. Was it?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    I'm a girl, look at my big milky breasts and lack of shoulder hair.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Other than about two or three great gals here, the rest of us are a bunch of guys. Why do you all think that is?
    I think that in general (of course) men are more immediately attracted to films involving action, hunting and survival and women to films about human relationships. I like zombie films now, but Liam had to get me into them (when we were about 14) and my favourites are still the ones where the relationships between the characters are interesting.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Andy's got a point. It does seem that most intranet forums these days are majorly of the male mindset. This seems to have been the case for around as long as forums have been around, unfortunately. Good question, difficult answer. I'll go with all of the above.