Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: where would you go?

United States

where would you go?

brought on by the home survival thread,

where would you go? where would you seek refuge? would you seek out a mall?

if this has been done, or needs to be merged, sorry

i'll give my answer after i see how some of you guys & gals respond

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    not even 40 metres from my house is a village hall in a field surrounded by two metre high metal and stone fencing on all sides plus just over the fence theres a pharmacy a tescos and a fish and chip shop, the ultimate survival area for a british guy.

Undisclosed
    the mall bitchez!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    My nuclear fallout shelter. I think I'd be pretty safe, actually. i live in a neighbourhood with 500 people perhaps, and in a community with 16,000. Let's count the fact that most of these guys would probably flee somewhere else, and that brings the number down to half of that, we say. 8000, and 250 in my neighbourhood. Over the course of a month, I could clean out 250 stenches and then live off the entire neighbourhood. I haven't got any guns, so I wouldn't attract any other stenches. For canned stuff, I'm sure I could assemble enough from the neighbourhood to survive for a few years. If not, this is one big ass community (geographically), and I could probably clean it out part for part. If any large zombie crowds start to follow me home, I'll just give them the slip!

Yeaaah, I'm sitting purdy.

Super Moderator

UK
    In reality I'd probably panic and sh*t myself ... our house is pretty solid though, although I wouldn't want to be stuck here if we were surrounded by hoardes of zombies, but say Shaun of the Dead level of zombies - that'd be alright. If it was like the climax of "Autumn" though ... fudge me, I'd wanna be in Gloucester at the SAS training base or something.

Banned User

United States
    I would go to my stepsisters private hunting club in central pennsylvania. it is a large, very isolated and fenced in property. Also my office building where I work will be a good place to head out to.

Undisclosed
    A trip to the local National Guard Armory and Wally World then home.

Get my self a APC at the Armory if there were any left and use it to do some
    supply shopping. A big moving shopping cart.

United States
    what part of Tn are you in? i'm in west tn

Undisclosed
    Knoxville

Canada
    I find this thread funny...

Let's be honest with ourselves! I think most of us would be like Minion and just freak out and probably be eaten. I know I would!

Undisclosed
    If a zombie attack actually happened I'd freak out and hide in my closet cry to myself and maybe suicide Haha. But I like to say I'll get my friends Long Haul truck gather a few survivors and guess where us rednecks is going? The WALLY WORLD. Yes The Wal-Mart. Get in there kill any few zombies there (Depending on the time of day and location though yeah here you might have to kill a lot of undead..) then build up walls from the inside in front of the doors, of cement and brick etc found in the garden center. I read that whole idea in some forum survival thing like a year or two ago and I thought it was pretty cool. Haha. No but Wal-Mart would be a nice safe place if you could get there.

Haha I found a site that talks a bit more about it. This wasn't the site that I first found though that was a looong time ago.
    http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1702035

I'll follow him there.
    "When tomorrow comes...We'll be one of them. <3"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I'd wanna be in Gloucester at the SAS training base or something.
    For me it all depends on how fast, or slow society is falling before the zombie onslaught, but, frankly, a military base in anything other than the most remote of areas is the last place I'd want to go, if only because several thousand other people would probably have the same idea. Crowds would force a non-admittance policy, or the setting up of something akin to a refugee camp--a buffet for any ravenous horde of undead worth the name.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    but who here wouldnt rob there nearest fobidden planet?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    but who here wouldnt rob there nearest fobidden planet?
    Dude, I haven't been to a Forbidden Planet in...ages! I didn't know they had them in the UK, then again, for all I know, the franchise could have started over there.

And, since you mention, though I'd love to totally loot an FP in a zombie holocaust, I doubt I'd head there straightaway. My priorities would be food, potable water and other staples. Yeah, I know, a good graphic novel from time to time could be considered a staple, but...
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 08-May-2006 at 02:35 AM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually theres only 3 in the uk two of which are 30 mins of my home so i can get comics prety damn easy, which is surprising in england.