Thread: Post Apocolyptic pics

Undisclosed

Post Apocolyptic pics

Had some business Sunday that took me back to the big easy. Thought I would take a tour through some of the abandoned parts of town. Hope that these pics help inspire some material for a zombie post-apocolyptic world.
    Attached Images

United States
    Ooooooooo....Great stuff!

Undisclosed
    Got a couple more. Have some abandoned office buildings in these.
    Attached Images

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think that's a thing that we all share. As for myself, I look at structure like that and immediately start planning how i would fortify them, How many people would be practical to have in there with me vs. resources, weak spots, etc.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I think that's a thing that we all share. As for myself, I look at structure like that and immediately start planning how i would fortify them, How many people would be practical to have in there with me vs. resources, weak spots, etc.

I do this everywhere I go. It drives my wife ape-shit nuts. When we bought our first house about 8 years back, I was held under threat of having my junk super glued to my leg while sleeping if I made such comments to the realtor. LOL

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I didn't take any of these but thought they fit the theme.

A look at chernobyl today. Talk about post apocalyptic.

http://villageofjoy.com/chernobyl-to...d-in-pictures/

England
    All those pics are hard-on material for the PA fan! Thanks for sharing.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Well, trust me C.D., those pictures don't come close to adding up to some of the pics I got right in the aftermath of Katrina. Unfortunately, many were lost when my last computer crashed. I gotta say though, driving through those nearly desolate neighborhoods really does wonders if you're trying to write a zombie story set in the 'Day'/'Land' time frame.

Kind of creepy though. While I took those pictures, I couldn't help but glancing at all of my surroundings every once and a while...just to be sure.

Super Moderator

United States
    Not sure if we're allowed to link to other online communities, but a community I occasionally frequent that has to do with roleplaying in the Post WWIII/alternate timeline era has an excellent, long Post Apocalyptic/Modern Military/abandoned world image thread going.

I'll link to it here and if it's a problem to link to outside communities I hope a Mod will take care of it and let me know if I've done something wrong.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 13-Apr-2010 at 02:19 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    Had some business Sunday that took me back to the big easy. Thought I would take a tour through some of the abandoned parts of town. Hope that these pics help inspire some material for a zombie post-apocolyptic world.
    I'm suprised no ones thought to go and make a zombie/horror film there using those sites there. it looks like the right spots for one.

United States
    damn, aces. some of those images are just amazing....only looked at the first page, but added that thread to my bookmarks so i can look at all the other pages.

but holy shnikes, talk about some awesome artwork.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, there's also some definite zombie-related artwork sprinkled in here and there over the 20 odd pages. And a lot of the pics are just powerful imagery.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    I didn't take any of these but thought they fit the theme.

A look at chernobyl today. Talk about post apocalyptic.

http://villageofjoy.com/chernobyl-to...d-in-pictures/
    they did a thing on destanation truth where they wen there looking for ghost and they got some good pictures of the hospitol and a school. they found some ghost too.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn Dallow View Post
    There was a mod here called Deadman Deluxe who posted a number of interesting post apocalyptic-type photographs.
    Yeah, what happened to that guy? I was just wondering about him the other day.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Yeah, what happened to that guy? I was just wondering about him the other day.
    Ditto. He seemed cool, but it looked like he had scaled his activity back by the time I really started posting and then disappeared save for the occasional post shortly after that.