Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What HORROR Movies have you seen? (besides the "Dead" series) Here's My List

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Good lord, where would I even start...at my parents old place I've got over 1200 movies on VHS alone stashed away (not all horror, but probably 25- 50%?)

I've seen a lot of horror movies...

i know how u feel. i was born in 82 so i've seen tons of them. i cant even begin to name them

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    an attention whore who was doing nothing but coming here to flirt with zombie fans...
    To be fair, that probably doesn't happen often.

I have a very ambivalent (at best) relationship to all this real death stuff. I am completely anti-censorship, but I think there is a case to be made against the people who make this stuff commecially available. It's nothing to do with freedom of speech, it's about an invasion of the victims' (and their families') privacy, in the same way as it would be if someone uploaded photocopies of our medical records online, or something of that nature. Of course, context is very important and we should make allowances for fair use - if you are making a news show or a serious documentary and the footage is important to the point of the film/video, then fine - but showing people die for prurient entertainment (with accompanying "hilarious" commentary) is completely inappropriate in any situation, I'd say.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfDarkness View Post
    I've changed my thread to

"What are your FAVORITE Horror Movies?"
    ?

And.....has anyone seen the movie series "Faces Of Death"? It was SUPPOSED to be REAL acts of MURDER on film. I saw the first couple in the series and OMG ......I had nightmares of that poor little monkey with his head stuck in hole in the table in that restaurant while those people sat around it beating him with hammers as he screamed.......until he was dead...then they cut the top of his head off and ate his brains. This was back in the 80's...but I'll never forget it....I wish I never watched it. It was horrible. That was definately the WORST movie I ever saw. Just wondering if anyone else saw those films?[/B]

LoD

I remember the Faces of Death - One I saw (either FOD or similiar themed release) back in the 1980s had a restaurant in it (I think in Asia), where they showed the customers picking out a puppy...That's where I shut it off and refused to see anymore of them.

Favorites:
    Night Of The Living Dead (Original)
    Dawn Of The Dead (original)
    John Carpenter's The Fog
    The Exorcist
    The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (Great)
    The Exorcist 3
    John Carpenter's Halloween
    Halloween 2 (1981)
    Halloween 4
    John Carpenter's The Thing
    John Carpenter's Prince Of Darkness
    Suspiria
    Evil Dead
    Evil Dead 2
    House Of Dark Shadows (enjoyed the tv series)
    Creepshow
    The Crazies (Original)
    The Collector (1965 with Terrence Stamp and Samantha Eggar)
    A Nightmare on Elm Street (Original)
    A Nightmare on Elm Street The Final Nightmare
    The Hills Have Eyes (original)
    Scream
    The Shining (Kubrick's version)
    John Carpenter's Christine
    Carnival Of Souls
    Roger Corman's Edgar Allan Poe Films with Vincent Price
    Any of the Hammer films
    The Early Universal Horror (Frankenstein/Mummy/Werewolf)
    The Creature From The Black Lagoon
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 01-Oct-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: sp

United States
    well, just in the way she conducted herself. the big deal went down in a thread titled "i'm new here" or something. as this site is mainly guys, we generally welcome any female contributions and input with open arms...but she was replying to every single comment in a cutesy flirtatious manner.

it got ridiculous, people posting pictures of puppy dogs, she'd gush about it, post some cute smilies, the person would reply back, more lame flirting and smilies...until i opened my big mouth and called her out on being an attention whore who was doing nothing but coming here to flirt with zombie fans...and dudes were falling over their dicks, and as mike70 put it, she was not a winner in the looks department...nothing to get that worked up about,...long story short, she was an attention whore, i was the first to call her out on it, she called me a rude asshole (and even started another thread about it, if i recall), other people started bitching for each side (asshole vs. attention-whore), and she got all pissy and left.

edit: and oh yeah, i've seen that video. disturbing stuff. there was a discussion a while back where i mentioned the website bestgore.com, and that was one of the vids on that site....that site is pretty brutal and offensive, in case anyone is thinking of checking it out....just a warning. and again, my experiences overseas in iraq and a few other accidents i've witnessed, as well as being a student with a lot of coursework on human anatomy, are what drives my curiosity about stuff like that, not some death-fixation.
    All the good shit happens while I'm gone....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    All the good shit happens while I'm gone....
    Yeah it was a fun time. . . not as fun as Redge tho. . .man that guy was a real hoot!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    okay, my memory is fuzzy...remind me about redge, please.

also, anyone remember that DVW or whatever his name was? the dude that had a crazy scorned ex show up on here and bust him out about lying about his military service? that was some amusing shit...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

also, anyone remember that DVW or whatever his name was? the dude that had a crazy scorned ex show up on here and bust him out about lying about his military service? that was some amusing shit...
    News to me, sounds riveting.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Man, I don't remember this happening, either! My head must have been up my ass back then.

Somebody should dedicate some time to digging up these old threads and creating highlights.

United States

He was this completely batshit crazy dude who used to come on here and talk about the elite and whatnot. . .never made any sense, and would post the most innane shit.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    He was this completely batshit crazy dude who used to come on here and talk about the elite and whatnot. . .never made any sense, and would post the most innane shit.
    I thought he seemed like a decent enough guy, till we found out some of the dirt. I often wonder if he's re-registered under a different name, but who can tell. Anyway, to answer Mike's sort-of question, yes, that shit really did go down. It was weird how in depth he got with his musings about his past service experience and then we come to find out it never really happened. Anyway, he seemed like an okay enough guy till that happened.

The thread is probably still on the boards, but good luck finding it with the search engine nowadays.

***EDIT: Found the thread in question.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 04-Oct-2010 at 06:57 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    i think that you're quoting clanglee about redge, who he referred to as bat-shit crazy or whatever.

dvw5150 didn't strike me as that crazy, but a bit off center, but his making up parts of his past kinda surprised me a bit and i was slightly amused when his ex came in here and busted his shit out and was inviting skippy shower with her and all that mayhem.

thanks for linking that thread, it's good for a laugh! i spent quite a while looking for it, but as you said THE SEARCH FEATURE IS FUCKED lately. good find, man

EDIT: whoops, it was skip she was joking around about showering with, not bassman...

I can prove every word I say. He is a low life muther f*cker!!!!!!
    I hope this burst his happy little bubble and I've only just begun!!!! Enjoy your shower .
    Want some company??? *wink*
    I'm really good in bed. Just ask Darrel!!!!!Oh YES I am PISSED!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 04-Oct-2010 at 08:56 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Whoa....that was uncomfortable.

United States
    now doug, if you don't mind, use your super-search skills and find the thread the LoD started that turned into "flirt-fest 09" and wound up with her leaving after i called her out on being an attention whore, please.

that thread was great too, ought to be stickied...in fact, they should make a "hall of fame" for all the totally fucked up threads around here, such as the "why i'm leaving george romero" thread....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Woah...forgot all about him...yeah, long rambling pseudo-intelletuall diatribes were about the best way I can't describe them from memory. Kind of like those long, funky posts that spam bots kick out ocasionally, but a little more coherent. And presumably posted by a real person.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Woah...forgot all about him...yeah, long rambling pseudo-intelletuall diatribes were about the best way I can't describe them from memory. Kind of like those long, funky posts that spam bots kick out ocasionally, but a little more coherent. And presumably posted by a real person.
    Exactly!!!!!! That's the guy. . .I wish the search function was working so I could find the old threads. . .he was fun. He also used to post old music videos and try to explain how the message of the song reinforced the power elite's control over us and he would try to tie it all in with a zombie theme. It was fantastic!!