Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2 Cents on John Carpenter. Because I'm bored.

United States
    I see Escape From LA getting a lot of heat...probably deservedly so...it might be Carpenters one of Carpenter's weakest...yet I still love that flick for some reason...It really is almost just a remake of New York, but different, but I still love it. Kinda like my relationship w/ Evil Dead 1 & 2, where they're really kinda the same film, but not. LA ain't a patch on New York, but there's enough new & different stuff to make it worthwhile for me, including the "set pieces". Maybe I'm forgiving just because it was a chance to see Snake Plissken ride again. The ending ALONE made it totally worthy to me.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    ghosts of mars, they live, the thing, both escape films did their job. i was a huge ghosts of mars fan upon its inital release and i still am

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Assault is in my top three Carpenter films easy. Hell, it might even be number one. Probably the best seige film ever made. In terms of creepy music and atmosphere, it's ahead of the pack. Just buy it and don't even think about it, you will not be disappointed.
    Thanks. I'll check it out!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Thanks. I'll check it out!
    Yes, do so DP. It is not horror at all but a taut and bold effort with that 70's feel that we love so well. Kinda sorta has some of that grit and nastiness akin to The Warriors and definitely reminiscent to Escape from New York when it comes to style.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."