Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Engaged!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Wait...hold the batphone...you can have more than one?!
    Sure you can. The original may not agree with it, but just keep it on the down low.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Sure you can. The original may not agree with it, but just keep it on the down low.
    Ugh...I can't even imagine the effort it would take to keep two women from bitching endlessly...The thought alone is exhausting.

God Bless the Mormons.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You old smoothy
    Indeed, very nice Sir! Congratulations to you and the future Mrs 3pidemiC.

United States
    I totally agree with Debbieangel, coming from the woman's point of view - that is one of the MOST ROMANTIC engagment stories I've ever heard!

She is one lucky lady to have such a romantic guy like you! And being that you were high school sweethearts and your relationship has already lasted this long (which is unusual for two people in their teens), I believe that you two are truely meant to be together and perhaps "Soul-Mates" so marriage will only bring you both closer together.

I'm not a fortune-teller but I am older and wiser and have been through enough relationships to know what it takes to make it last and my mom only knew my dad 6 months before getting married and that ended in divorce because you only really know someone until you live with them (and in the "old days" that was a no-no, lol).

Anyway, it's great to see that "Romance" is not gone like Debbieangel said and that there still are "Old Fashioned" people out there who still believe in "True Love" and happy-ever endings.

PS - Ignore what the other guys said - they're just jealous (mostly because they either don't have anyone or they are stuck in "love-less" marriages) Sorry guys, but I know by experience myself. Sucks to marry the wrong person and be miserable doesn't it? Or have it end in divorce.

Anyhoo, congrats to you both and I wish you both a long life of love and happiness!

Lady
    LadyOfDarkness
    "Lady Of The Knife"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfDarkness View Post
    PS - Ignore what the other guys said - they're just jealous (mostly because they either don't have anyone or they are stuck in "love-less" marriages) Sorry guys, but I know by experience myself. Sucks to marry the wrong person and be miserable doesn't it? Or have it end in divorce.
    If a man marries the wrong woman just kick her ass to the curb and divorce her. It doesn't matter at all. Because we all know that women are brain-less pieces of meat put on this Earth for the enjoyment of men!
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Nov-2009 at 08:18 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    If a man marries the wrong woman just kick her ass to the curb and divorce her. It doesn't matter at all. Because we all know that women are brain-less pieces of meat put on this Earth for the enjoyment of men!
    And bassman throws his hat in the ring for "HPOTD Biggest Gentleman Contest"!

United States
    Yeah Bassman! You just lost my respect as a "Gentleman"! And btw, I was also talking about women marrying the wrong man (in my case) if you couldn't read between the lines. And I think your comment about "women being here just for the pleasure of men" is PURE male chauvinest.

Sorry, just speaking the truth.....unless you were kidding...and I hope you were - so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Lady
    LadyOfDarkness
    "Lady Of The Knife"

United States
    <------- usually means kidding.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Oh, well OK then!

Lady
    LadyOfDarkness
    "Lady Of The Knife"

United States
    PS - Ignore what the other guys said - they're just jealous (mostly because they either don't have anyone or they are stuck in "love-less" marriages)
    I love my wife very much. Doesn't mean I'm not miserable though. Besides, it's my god-given right as an old married guy to bitch about my wife. It's a stereotype as old as the mother-in-law joke.

"Take my wife...please!"

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    <------- usually means kidding.
    Or, give me a lick of your ice cream.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I love my wife very much. Doesn't mean I'm not miserable though. Besides, it's my god-given right as an old married guy to bitch about my wife. It's a stereotype as old as the mother-in-law joke.
    D
    Ditto on this. No matter how happy the marriage, If you have got nothing to bitch about, you're not doing it right.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Aye, bitchin' bout stuff be a part o' life, matey. Relationships expecially. Fun though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah Bassman! You just lost my respect as a "Gentleman"! And btw, I was also talking about women marrying the wrong man (in my case) if you couldn't read between the lines. And I think your comment about "women being here just for the pleasure of men" is PURE male chauvinest.
    Anybody got a good facepalm image I can borrow?
    Last edited by bassman; 18-Nov-2009 at 12:11 AM.

capncnut
    Here you go.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Here you go.
    Thanks.

Yeah, lady.....I was only kidding. I'm married and have a daughter, so it would be awefully strange if I held that opinion....