Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Engaged!

United States

I'm Engaged!

Hello everyone.

Yesterday was such an amazing day. After seven years of being with the girl that I love, I asked her for her hand is marriage and she said yes!

For the past month or so, I have been telling my girlfriend (now my fiance) that I have been planning a special surprise for our anniversary that was coming up. This past Saturday, that day finally came. We both woke up and ate breakfast and quickly got ready to leave the house. I told my fiance that we were going somewhere in which she has never been (among other lies to throw her off). I started driving on a random freeway and about 10 minutes into the drive, I told my fiance to close her eyes and to keep them closed until I told her to open them. She promised not to peek as she knew that it would totally ruin the surprise that I had been telling her about. I then changed the direction that the car was going and drove us to our old high school. I pulled into the back parking lot of the school, parked the car, and got my fiance out of it. I instructed her to walk with me as I led her into the school. By this time, she was getting extremely nervous because in just a few moments of time, we had gone from the inside of the car, to the outdoors, to inside of a school (keep in mind that her eyes are still shut at this point). I led her just a few more steps down an incline and onto a stage area. Finally I instructed her to now open her eyes. She was awestruck as she looked around to see that we were standing on the main stage of the auditorium of our old high school. It was romantically lit up and there wasn't a person in sight. I said a short speech to her and then I got down on one knee, opened up the box that contain the engagement ring that I had selected, and asked her if she would marry me. She said yes and we embraced each other for the first time as an engaged couple.

The significance of the area where I proposed to her was very clear to both of us and to anyone that knows us well. We both met our Freshman year of high school in the acting program there. We spent a large amount of our time during the first two years of dating on that stage doing various activities for that program. I was able to get in contact with the our old instructor of that program and the principle at the school to allow me to carry out this event on a Saturday. Luckily, it was fine with them and the acting class was going to be there working on sets for an upcoming performance.

After the proposal took place, we went along and met with our parents, siblings, and closest relatives to tell them of the joyful news. After that, we went to an extremely nice dinner at the renowned restaurant "Coach Insignia" which is that the top level of the Renaissance Center in Detroit.

Just thought I'd share with those who may be interested in hearing about the best day of my life.
    Last edited by 3pidemiC; 16-Nov-2009 at 12:49 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Congrats! Best of luck to you both.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Good luck! Have fun being a SLAVE!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Congrats, man.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    For the past month or so, I have been telling my girlfriend (now my fiance) that I have been planning a special surprise for our anniversary that was coming up. This past Saturday, that day finally came. We both woke up and ate breakfast and quickly got ready to leave the house. I told my fiance that we were going somewhere in which she has never been (among other lies to throw her off). I started driving on a random freeway and about 10 minutes into the drive, I told my fiance to close her eyes and to keep them closed until I told her to open them. She promised not to peek as she knew that it would totally ruin the surprise that I had been telling her about. I then changed the direction that the car was going and drove us to our old high school. I pulled into the back parking lot of the school, parked the car, and got my fiance out of it.
    Congratulations! Just in case you didnt realize it, I wanted to let you see how many times you used the word "fiance" in such a short period. Seems as if there was a Seinfeld episode about this.

United States
    Ok, from a female point of view...WOW!!! You are such a romantic!! I am glad to hear that romance has not died out on this generation. Congrats on being engaged to the both of you. I wish you many many years of happy years together.
    When are you planning the up coming wedding?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Excellent! What a great way to do it! Congrats, man. May you live long and happy lives together!

United States
    Congrats. I love being married

Chasing Prey

Canada
    perfect,brother i wish u nothing but the best

United States
    Oh dear lord. . . . you fool!!!!!! Don't you realize what you have done?!??! Don't you know?

Whelp. . . .welcome to the club man. . .congrats.

And remember, there's always time to turn back until the actual wedding itself.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United Kingdom
    Congratulations to you both! <3
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Canada
    Dear God, you're my age! I gotta get married soon, seems like all my friends are married (and half of those have kids!).

Seriously though, Wish you the best, and I am sure you will enjoy living out your life with the women that you love the most.

Just don't go firing out dozens of kids right away.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Oh dear lord. . . . you fool!!!!!! Don't you realize what you have done?!??! Don't you know?

Whelp. . . .welcome to the club man. . .congrats.

And remember, there's always time to turn back until the actual wedding itself.
    I was gonna say it myself...but thought it might be poor form...but since YOU did...yeah....

United States
    Good for you! Best wishes brotherman.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    You old smoothy
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post

Seriously though, Wish you the best, and I am sure you will enjoy living out your life with thewomen that you love the most.

Wait...hold the batphone...you can have more than one?!