Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BioShock 2 Getting Special Edition Treatment

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs up BioShock 2 Getting Special Edition Treatment

Most special editions are bullshit (RE 5 anyone? ) but this one looks interesting and like it's actually worth getting.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1047606p1.html

HOLD EVERYTHING!! JUST WHEN i START TALKING SMACK, LO AND BEHOLD !!

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Details

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1047615p1.html

Me likes.

Here are some screenshots:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/033/033572/imgs_1.html

Last edited by darth los; 19-Nov-2009 at 07:35 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    The original Bioshock still holds the crown for the best special edition so far. I've still got my Big Daddy figurine on the mantle above the fireplace, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that there isn't gonna be a Big Sister figure to go along with him.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    they were origionally going to give away the little daddy doll big sister has in the sea of dreams trailer so an lp ill never play and posters theyve already given away for free make for a very dissapointing "special" edition to me.

-and i hope to god its the soundtrack this time and not 3 god aweful remixes by moby like last time.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

BioShock 2 "Siren Alley" Trailer Reveals Intense Singleplayer Action

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Not made by the same people (Bioshock 2). I'm sorry, but i'm putting my money where my mouth is and telling everyone this title will bomb. I pray I get proved wrong

(Can anyone tell me why my rating is black?! I only play with my mates so I can't have pissed folks off) -edit-
    Last edited by Dtothe3; 08-Dec-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtothe3 View Post
    Not made by the same people (Bioshock 2). I'm sorry, but i'm putting my money where my mouth is and telling everyone this title will bomb. I pray I get proved wrong

(Can anyone tell me why my rating is black?! I only play with my mates so I can't have pissed folks off) -edit-
    i'm tentatively excited, but i want to know what relations were between the enw and old writers, like is it a true sequel (left 4 dead 2), or a cash in (dead space 2)

not that dead space 2 will suck, it will not.

Undisclosed
    I don't think even the same writers that worked on no.1 would be able to pull off the same amazing storyline. When it fell into place (those who have finished the game will know what I mean) was an absolute heart stopper of a gaming moment.

I can't help but poke the cash cow point. We saw the downfall of an elitist society, what more can Bioshock do for us?

Super Moderator

UK
    The more trailers I see - more often than not, some poorly produced 48 second slab of random multiplayer action (wtf, BioShock isn't a multiplayer game, it's all about the single player, that's the point in BioShock) - the more I get less excited about BioShock 2.

I started out being quite impressed, but now, the more I see these shittily made trailers (although that one posted above is better produced) with just a bunch of shooting going on, the less amped I get for the game. Day One purchase for me? Not likely. BioShock is heavily about the setting and the story surrounding it - it's not Modern Warfare 2.

BS2 won't beat BS1, no way. I just hope BS2 will be a good game in its own right ... but these trailers aren't inspiring me in the least little bit, especially the constant focus on shitty 48 second slap-dash multiplayer trailers. FUCK OFF WITH THAT WANK!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtothe3 View Post
    I don't think even the same writers that worked on no.1 would be able to pull off the same amazing storyline. When it fell into place (those who have finished the game will know what I mean) was an absolute heart stopper of a gaming moment.

I can't help but poke the cash cow point. We saw the downfall of an elitist society, what more can Bioshock do for us?
    i know, its a shame, but i think i have more interest in dead space 2 right now, at least its the same people and writers form the first that i know of.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The more trailers I see - more often than not, some poorly produced 48 second slab of random multiplayer action (wtf, BioShock isn't a multiplayer game, it's all about the single player, that's the point in BioShock) - the more I get less excited about BioShock 2.

I started out being quite impressed, but now, the more I see these shittily made trailers (although that one posted above is better produced) with just a bunch of shooting going on, the less amped I get for the game. Day One purchase for me? Not likely. BioShock is heavily about the setting and the story surrounding it - it's not Modern Warfare 2.

BS2 won't beat BS1, no way. I just hope BS2 will be a good game in its own right ... but these trailers aren't inspiring me in the least little bit, especially the constant focus on shitty 48 second slap-dash multiplayer trailers. FUCK OFF WITH THAT WANK!

It's funny because many of the points you make are, imo, what contributed to RE 5 being as lackluster as it was.

I don't take these things to heart though. It's a different game and won't ruin the first one for me at all. I'll jsut accept it for what it is.

It's alot like left 4 dead 1 and 2. Both are great games but they feel different to me and provide me with different experiences.

United States
    The multiplayer footage I've seen looks really underwhelming. Animation is as stiff as ever and the gunplay just doesn't feel like it's suited for anything other than a singleplayer experience.

Super Moderator

UK
    Just saw this information regarding the PC edition of BioShock 2.

I was considering getting BS2 (when I eventually got it) on PC - not anymore.

Initial installation requires one-time internet connection; Ability to save game, earn achievements, receive title updates and online play requires log-in to Games for Windows LIVE; software installations required including Microsoft Visual C++2008 Runtime Libraries, Games for Windows LIVE client, Games for Windows LIVE Client Patch, Sony DADC SecuROM, Microsoft DirectX.
    Fuck off am I gonna drag my heavy-ass Quad Core down-fucking-stairs just to plug it in to the fucking internet so I can play single player, and what's this bullshit about having to be signed into fucking Games for Windows Live? Even if that doesn't mean you have to be online to save, it still means you have to be in GfW Live and have all that other bullshit installed.

FUCK THAT AND FUCK YOU BIOSHOCK 2.

No wonder PC gaming is so often left battered and bruised. I wanted to get Dead Space on PC, but again - DRM wank - so I passed on that. I've also heard DRM bullshit about FEAR 2, which I wanted to get, so that's a pass on that as well.

Seriously, do these companies want anyone to play their fucking games? What morons. Genuine players are turned away entirely, or turn to piracy to get the easy and enjoyable experience they should have got when paying for it, thus increasing the amount of piracy going on.

Fucking dopes alright.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Jan-2010 at 06:40 PM.

capncnut
    I'm still struggling to finish the first game tbh. I dunno why, it has everything I like in a game, good plot, good atmosphere, good action, but I'm halfway through (have been for months) and I'm just not feeling it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's a shame cap. It has a great twist ending I'm sure you'll appreciate.

There are other games that I've felt this way about, where it feels more like work finishing it off instead of the fun you should be having.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the more i see the worse its getting, for one they think "it can have up to 6 sequels!".

fuck you assholes, fuck you. this is system shock 3, change it again, set it on an alien world were colonizing in the future, or in the 19th century eastern europe or something and call it something elseshock. bioshock was a stand alone single player experience, an experience in the truest sense of the word. ill play this sure, but i am really not hopeful.