Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is there any dead film....

Chasing Prey

Canada

is there any dead film....

that you watch and everytime you do, it just seems to get better and better? i dont hate land of the dead by any stretch but its like i want to see it even more than i watched it in the theaters and when i bought it on dvd

United States
    Shaun of the Dead. Everytime I watch it, I love it just a bit more. Not surprisingly, Hott Fuzz has the same effect.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Dawn and Day. Maybe Night and Shaun too.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Shaun of the Dead. Everytime I watch it, I love it just a bit more. Not surprisingly, Hott Fuzz has the same effect.

she's like but-tah! ED!

United States
    I'd have to say Diary, it keeps unfolding more and more for me after each viewing. As for Land I'd say it is me who is searching each time I watch it to see just what it is that makes it acceptable but not terrific.

When it comes to Dawn and Day I have already saturated myself with the two and I believe their ability to grow peaked for me a long time ago. I tried going cold turkey for a while to see if withdrawal might heighten my enthusiasm the next time around, and it did, but the first time can never be repeated.

I am finding that Night can grow on you, but it's the one I have watched the least amount of times, probably as many as Land and Diary.

I would never consider any of this to be set in stone, it could all change down the road.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I hate to say it, but I've watched 'em all to death now, pretty much.

Administrator

England
    Abit of a guilty pleasure for me, but Zombie Flesh Eaters is one of mine, i love that film and i find i enjoy it abit more everytime i see it. Dont ask why becuase i dont know, just something about the film.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Abit of a guilty pleasure for me, but Zombie Flesh Eaters is one of mine, i love that film and i find i enjoy it abit more everytime i see it. Dont ask why becuase i dont know, just something about the film.
    I'm with you on that, it's a perfect 'stay in and have a rube' film. I never tire of it.
    Last edited by capncnut; 22-Nov-2009 at 10:45 PM.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Thirded.

I think what is so great about that movie is this: it's exactly like what you IMAGINE zombie films will be like when you're too young to see them - rotting corpses, old churches, a Caribbean island, palm trees, zombies literally rising from graves, a drunken doctor, boobies, lots of gore, screaming women, dismemberment...

Night of the Living Dead subverted and transplanted the idea of "zombies" or "ghouls" into a new, modern, everyday setting that had never been done before, and gave them a more horrific edge and an ostensibly semi-scientific premise and physiology. Zombie Flesh Eaters took a few elements from Romero's book, then took them right back to the archetype, back into the world of desolate islands, cloying heat, superstitious natives, hypnotic jungle drums and the eerie tropical night.

The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue/Don't Open The Window/Let Sleeping Corpses Lie did something similar with a more gothic Hammer-esque atmosphere
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 22-Nov-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue/Don't Open The Window/Let Sleeping Corpses Lie did something similar with a more gothic Hammer-esque atmosphere
    That is such a great film.

United States
    I think what is so great about that movie is this: it's exactly like what you IMAGINE zombie films will be like when you're too young to see them - rotting corpses, old churches, a Caribbean island, palm trees, zombies literally rising from graves, a drunken doctor, boobies, lots of gore, screaming women, dismemberment...

Night of the Living Dead subverted and transplanted the idea of "zombies" or "ghouls" into a new, modern, everyday setting that had never been done before, and gave them a more horrific edge and an ostensibly semi-scientific premise and physiology. Zombie Flesh Eaters took a few elements from Romero's book, then took them right back to the archetype, back into the world of desolate islands, cloying heat, superstitious natives, hypnotic jungle drums and the eerie tropical night.

You just neatly summed up everything that F'ing RULES about "Zombie". Pure awesome sir.

As for the original question...great question, difficult to answer. I've reached major saturation on some films (Dawn). I did watch Night a couple times recently fro the first time in a long time & was just struck all over again by how much I love it & what great film making it is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I hate to say it, but I've watched 'em all to death now, pretty much.
    I have reached this point with Night, Dawn, Day and Land really. So I'd have to say Diary. I've only seen it twice, and it was better the second time around.

United States
    The remake of Night for me. I just love that movie, and I rarely get tired of it. Day and Dawn I love, but I have seen them so many times, that it makes me sleepy when I try to watch them all the way through.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    The remake of Night for me. I just love that movie, and I rarely get tired of it.
    I almost included that one as well. Great re-imagining of the classic. Very underrated.

Day and Dawn I love, but I have seen them so many times, that it makes me sleepy when I try to watch them all the way through.
    Ashamed to admit, but Dawn has put me to sleep a number of times now (trying to watch late, after working all day doesn't help.) But I've seen it so many times now it makes me relaxed & comfortable & then zzzzzz.....

United States
    The remake of Night for me. I just love that movie, and I rarely get tired of it.
    Night 90 inspired my first zombie story and led me to look for such a site as this. While it dosn't answer the original question of this thread, because there is no way I could ever enjoy this movie more than I already do, it certainly is a mainstay in the rotation of movies being watched in my household.