Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: State of Decay - Upcoming zombie MMO for consoles & PC

Ireland
    It's decent enough for a tenner. But there's so many jaggies on the screen. It's irritating, given the ability to eliminate it, you know.

I'm enjoying it despite the criticism and I hope the lads do well, make a few bob and can make more for it.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Twitching

Undisclosed
    That area in the North East, the one with the gas station, mart, a dinosaur and two houses behind them would have been a good location for a base.

Undisclosed
    The game is currently on sale for 1/2 off on XBL and so is another game called, How to Survive.

United States
    ya beat me to it, slick.

10 dollars for this gem is a f*cking steal, folks.

i've not really heard much about "how to survive", but reviews aren't too positive and my back catalog is getting nuts with all these free games and games on sale lately, so i'm gonna pass on that one.

England
    I got a new graphics card for Christmas (HD 7870) and it's certainly sharpened up the visuals on this game! It's still a generation behind graphically but it looks far better on my rig now than it did before, mainly down to anti-aliasing etc been turned right up.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I got a new graphics card for Christmas (HD 7870) and it's certainly sharpened up the visuals on this game! It's still a generation behind graphically but it looks far better on my rig now than it did before, mainly down to anti-aliasing etc been turned right up.
    Same card as I bought earlier this year... Well a 7870xt (tahiti)...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    new dlc coming soon, will include a new area to explore!

http://undeadlabs.com/2014/02/news/throw-me-a-lifeline/

still haven't got around to really messing with the breakdown dlc that much yet, gta 5 has really taken all of my gaming attention this winter and fall. i do plan to put some time into it eventually, looks like i'll have to get around to that sooner rather than later in order to be ready for more SoD goodness once this new content is released.

a new area to explore sounds great! really excited about this....

Ireland
    Cool.

It's been a couple of months since I fired up the game. I suppose everyone is probably brown bread...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    new dlc coming soon, will include a new area to explore!

http://undeadlabs.com/2014/02/news/throw-me-a-lifeline/

still haven't got around to really messing with the breakdown dlc that much yet, gta 5 has really taken all of my gaming attention this winter and fall. i do plan to put some time into it eventually, looks like i'll have to get around to that sooner rather than later in order to be ready for more SoD goodness once this new content is released.

a new area to explore sounds great! really excited about this....
    Yeh, the breakdown DLC just didn't appeal to me. But a whole new map does! Just as long as it has lots of simple things to find/explore! The original map was spoiled a bit by the fact it was huge, but if you went off the roads into the wilderness, there was nothing really there to find/explore!

The new map needs lots of small simple things to find/explorer to make the map/world more interesting!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Cool.

It's been a couple of months since I fired up the game. I suppose everyone is probably brown bread...
    yeah, that's a real bitch that things progress when you're away. they say that after 2 or 3 days away it really slows down, but things still do happen when you're offline....which is total bullshit. i had a community started recently and had 4 playable characters, one of who was sick when i shut the game off. i come back a handful of days later and the sick dude has died, another guy is missing, essentially cutting my manpower down by 50%....and i didn't do a f*cking thing to warrant it (other than not play the game round the clock.) total crap.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    yeah, that's a real bitch that things progress when you're away. they say that after 2 or 3 days away it really slows down, but things still do happen when you're offline....which is total bullshit. i had a community started recently and had 4 playable characters, one of who was sick when i shut the game off. i come back a handful of days later and the sick dude has died, another guy is missing, essentially cutting my manpower down by 50%....and i didn't do a f*cking thing to warrant it (other than not play the game round the clock.) total crap.
    Yeh, don't understand this approach? Why should it be different if I next play the game later the same day, or next year? Why penalise me?
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    It's fine if you play every day and when I was, I liked having to restock.

But I've not fired up the game since I "beat" it before Christmas. In situations like that, it would be good if you could turn that "feature" off.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    So west of the church is a house, and in my latest game it was a enclave for three survivors.
    It was night time, I went in and grabbed a few bullets, I then ran two meters from the storage cabinet when I was swarmed by zombies and the two survivors I saw just seconds earlier in the house didn't help, they couldn't because the call came in that my group had spotted a survivor, a scavenger...
    Sods law.

United States
    new dlc coming out this week, looks like a ton of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRCk7-DMAkE

Ireland
    I'm in.