Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Decay - Upcoming zombie MMO for consoles & PC

England
    The frame rate/jaggies (don't know the technical term) are absolutely horrible. They really really need to sort it out. Very distracting
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    ^^ Worrying thing is they must have been aware of them, yet it's gone out like it? Maybe the problem is too hard to fix?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Worrying thing is they must have been aware of them, yet it's gone out like it? Maybe the problem is too hard to fix?
    MS makes it very expensive to fix bugs with xbla titles so most devs simply leave them in. In fact i think this thread quotes undead labs as saying they are working on fixes for the pc version post launch on xbla.

United States
    minor technical issues aside, i'm quite impressed with this game. so far, it's lived up to the level of hype i'd allowed myself to build for it.

such a shame that i'm working like a madman lately and haven't got tons of time to really sink my teeth into it....but at the end of day one, i'm highly satsified.

so far, i've made it to the church and went on a few supply runs, mowed down dozens of hordes with pickup trucks, and probably recruited a half dozen survivors as well as encountered and bartered with a few others. working on expanding my base right now to accommodate the new additions. can't wait till after work tomorrow to drop back in.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    MS makes it very expensive to fix bugs with xbla titles so most devs simply leave them in. In fact i think this thread quotes undead labs as saying they are working on fixes for the pc version post launch on xbla.
    Mmmmm... The PC version Hopefully it'll on Steam and not too expensive!

Co-op in a DLC? - http://www.examiner.com/article/unde...s-week?cid=rss

The zombie survival title could also receive future DLC which adds co-op to the game if sales are good enough.

They're also planning a bigger zombie MMO - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-week-on-xbla

State of Decay was initially called Class 3, a prelude to the Seattle-based studio's zombie MMO, Class 4. The idea was to test several of its diverse mechanics before setting up the MMO, which is still the plan.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    So when is this out on the correct platform? (That's a PC for you consolies)
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    So when is this out on the correct platform? (That's a PC for you consolies)
    Going to be interesting to see what the dedicated DayZ game (rather than the Arma2 mod) brings to compete against this?!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Oh there's going to be a proper DayZ? Never played the mod, but always heard +ive (as you say) things about it.

But people may have been easy on it because it was a mod?

Super Moderator

United States
    Downloaded and gave it a few minutes of play last night before heading to bed. Looks good so far! I need a new stick with which to bash in zed heads, though

Anyone know if the number of nodes open up as the game progresses? Don't want any spoilerish details, just a heads up. in a 'Sand box' style game about gathering resources, it's annoying not being able to pick a stick up off of the forest floor or break a tree limb off to replace my current club.

Oh there's going to be a proper DayZ?

Wondering the same thing, myself.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Oh there's going to be a proper DayZ? Never played the mod, but always heard +ive (as you say) things about it.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?21042
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Ha....I'm actually on that thread.

Need to pay more attention.....oh look, tea!

Administrator

England
    If they could add co-op that could be great fun. Hell I might even get it for the XBox then as my son and I could play togethor! However! If there's graphics issues with just single player, what on earth would it be like with two?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    wow.....gotta say, this may not be the prettiest or smoothest-running experience, but i'm thinking that it's hands-down the best zombie game i've ever played. so many things that i've wanted for so long in a game like this.

finally got a few hours to sit back and really dig in, and quickly started running across fellow survivors and ran across growing pains for my community, started establishing outposts, sending runners out for supplies, clearing out blocks in the small town nearby, then disaster strikes: decided to help my radio girl out by retrieving a memento from her late father. while i'm out, a supply runner gets in trouble and is killed before i can get back to him, and then i get over-ran deciding to at least go back after the item for the girl, but it's way north in a remote area near the state park you start out in, and i get abso-f*cking-lutely swamped by almost 20 ghouls, can't outrun them, can't find a place to climb and begin shooting them, and one of my main characters gets torn in half, rhodes-style. it was such a thrilling and tense sequence, and i seriously thought i had a chance to make it out, but man....i'm f*cking gutted right now.

but the show must go on....so i'm diving back in. loving this one so far. truly worth the long wait (almost 4 years) and every cent i paid for it.

Administrator

England
    ^^ So you hate it then!
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    one of my main characters gets torn in half, rhodes-style.
    So, we're one electric golf cart and a "choke on 'em" emote away from perfect then?

Sounds pretty damn sweet - just a shame that the PC version is long way off:

we are still working on the PC version, and I don’t have a really good estimate for completion. It isn’t going to be soon by any meaningful use of the word ‘soon'.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/06/08/st...survival-game/