Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Decay - Upcoming zombie MMO for consoles & PC

Ireland
    Balls.

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Patch Released:
    http://dailydead.com/patch-details-for-state-of-decay/

Here is what we’ve fixed:

NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
    Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
    Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
    NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.
    The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
    UPDATED: The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
    You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
    Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
    Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
    NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.
    You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
    Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
    NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
    Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
    Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.
    Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
    Fixed various translations bugs.”

United States
    I downloaded the demo Thursday night into Friday morning, as it was going along at a snails pace, booted it up around 7am, and knew that as soon as my bank posted my paycheck at 8, I was dropping the 20 down. For all the graphical jankiness, this is the best zombie survival game so far. I think The Walking Dead had a much stronger narrative, but it was an interactive story. This is a full on slow motion apocalypse.

I've restarted 3 times so far, because I have little interest in the endgame. It's the getting there where this game succeeds, and once the infestation bug gets sorted, I plan on clearing each and every house for supplies before seeing the ending and maybe starting another playthrough.

It definitely feels very isolated, with a finite amount of characters and resources.

I also love the fact that finding a military type weapon is rare, shooting in the heat of the moment is difficult, and running and sneaking are great way to survive. I just wish there were human antagonists and limited fuel, but for a 20 dollar XBLA title, what they've managed is flat out awesome.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Administrator

England
    OK! I want this on the PC!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    So yeah, this game came out of nowhere for me. Truly awesome experience. If you enjoyed Dead Rising, but were hoping for RTS-style camp building and scavenging, this is your game.

Probably the most ambitious XBLA game I've played, to have such a huge open world, lots of characters and voicework, relatively good graphics....high recommended if you have a 360.

Administrator

England
    * must resist * must wait for PC version *
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I know...if I get the xbox one, I'll only regret it when the PC version comes out and looks a million times better.

BTW, my wife thinks your avatar is disturbing.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I know...if I get the xbox one...
    He said it!! He's going to buy an "XBox One"!!!! Stone him!

Joking aside, I'm the same + the controls on the PC and 10x better!
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Damn you English!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That's damn you English language...not, like, THE English....

I think I better shut up for the rest of the day.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Joking aside, I'm the same + the controls on the PC and 10x better!

I only really like computer keyboard for it's depth of functionality/interface and ability to keybind. For roaming about, looking and any sort of FPS, I really prefer the intuitive feel of a well made, ergonomic controller.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    ^^ I just find controllers too inaccurate. To quickly move and aim, a mouse is so much more accurate and responsive IMHO.
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    ^^ I just find controllers too inaccurate. To quickly move and aim, a mouse is so much more accurate and responsive IMHO.
    I agree they can be more accurate, but they are almost too accurate/simplistic for me when it comes to aiming in a shooter...if that makes sense.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    Aye. I've just finished 'Farcry 3' and I can only imagine how awful that would have been with an xbox controller and "aim assist" reduces a game by half.

United States
    glad to see that many of you are enjoying this game as much as i am. i've came up with only a couple minor grievances so far, mainly not being able to switch characters in the middle of a mission to take control of your companions' inventories (maybe it's possible and i've just not figured it out yet), and there seems to be almost too much going on as far as hordes heading to the base, infestations, missing survivors, etc.

but those are minor complaints, that i can live with, along with minor performance/graphical issues from time-to-time. if it wasn't for all that, this game would be a 10/10 for me, but as it stands, it's about an 8.5 or 9 out of 10.

really hoping that they add co-op, that would be incredible. i'm also holding out hope that undead labs is going forward with their follow-up to this, and that it's on the current gen of console and not on the xbox one...

but seriously, folks, for 20 bucks, this game is a steal of a deal.

United States
    This is seriously the funnest and most in depth zombie game released so far. Anybody not buying it just because they're waiting for pc is doing themselves a serious disservice. If nothing else, try the demo. Its only going to improve once it's patched.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los