Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Decay - Upcoming zombie MMO for consoles & PC

United States
    http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/games-s...astest-selling

half a million copies in a little over a week, fastest-selling original XBLA game yet.

pc version next priority, 2nd update coming soon for 360, along with an added "sandbox" mode in the works, and hopefully co-op not too long after that.

Administrator

England
    ^^

We're currently working on a PC version for release on Steam. Fortunately it's been in development alongside the Xbox 360 version since Day 1, so we just need to integrate with the Steam platform and add native support for keyboard and mouse control.
    Sooner the better!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I hope that company gets picked up by a publisher and the sequel released on everything, it was great on Xbox 360 but everyone deserves to play this gem AND it deserves to be refined. It had a old school feel to it. I kept thinking of Body Harvest, the N64 game while playing it (though Dead Rising and Grand Theft Auto came to mind too) and the canned game Dead Rush from 2004.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 04-Jul-2013 at 08:01 AM. Reason: f

United States
    recently beat the game, finished the story, got all achievements, etc....and i will totally go back and play this all over again, really looking forward to just jamming out on "sandbox" mode which should be added in soon.

however, it looks like undeadlabs has decided that adding co-op isn't going to be feasible with this title, which is a major disappointment.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...ibly-cancelled

i sincerely hope that they make the inevitable follow-up to this on the 360 and not the next-gen crap consoles....even if the "class 4" is only on next-gen, i still doubt i plan to upgrade to a ps4 or xbox180 just for this one game....but if it's on the 360, i'm there, day one.

Administrator

England
    Looking forward to this on PC
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Im quite slow getting on the bandwagon with this one but i bought this game yesterday and i have to admit, i think im in love with it!.. im barely doing the missions im just really enjoying managing my post zombie apocolypse group. I love gathering supplies and building the base, i have my group in the truck depot you find near the judge and i havnt even gone to speak to the judge yet, ive been too busy doing my own thing.

But so far, am seriously impressed with this game, this one definitely gets a thumbs up from andy!

Administrator

England
    So who else spotted this nifty little nod to shaun and dawn?

image(9).jpg

Twitching

Undisclosed
    There's tons of references.
    'Kirkman Residence', 'Savini Residence' are too obvious.
    I love this game, I do hope for a few amendments to the next update though, there is a room in 'Snyder Trucking', left of the radio room with a spare bed, I think it should be freed for construction with the next update.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    So who else spotted this nifty little nod to shaun and dawn?

image(9).jpg
    Huh? That's a Dawn nod surely?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i've noticed tons of references to various romero films and other zombie flicks, such as "simon and nick's landscaping", "duane jones storage", the station wagon is called an "o'dea", there's "grimes for sherrif" signs in yards, "big daddy auto repair", "hinzman insurance".....the list goes on and on.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 19-Jul-2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Huh? That's a Dawn nod surely?
    Dawn and shaun both, the store that shaun works in is called foree electronics

Rotted, do you know when the next update is due? im camped in the snyder truckyard so that would be amazingly useful!

Also, what do you guys do when you start to run out of ammo supplies? im almost out at home and i cant find any, i keep asking lily to scout for it on the radio but she never comes back with any. What else can i do?

UK
    I was intending to wait for the PC version but I caved-in and downloaded it last night! Turns out that this was a very good call, this is a whole heap of fun - nice to game devs are starting to 'get' the zombie apocalypse. One thing this game does very well, is giving you the feeling that your group is constantly heading towards disaster - I feel like I'm in a world of shit right now, lol, no melee weapons, two infested houses, my base is constantly under siege from hordes and morale is plummeting. It looks like it's going to take some crazy act of desperation to get through this rough patch. I'm not hopeful... Good times!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    I was intending to wait for the PC version but I caved-in and downloaded it last night! Turns out that this was a very good call, this is a whole heap of fun - nice to game devs are starting to 'get' the zombie apocalypse. One thing this game does very well, is giving you the feeling that your group is constantly heading towards disaster - I feel like I'm in a world of shit right now, lol, no melee weapons, two infested houses, my base is constantly under siege from hordes and morale is plummeting. It looks like it's going to take some crazy act of desperation to get through this rough patch. I'm not hopeful... Good times!

Things have been going well for my group, they where choppy at first but now we are settled into the truck yard.. we have a greenhouse so food isnt a issue and no generators so we dont use fuel, the truck depot used to get attacked all the time but ive surrounded it with outposts so now most zombies dont get near the main base. Ive also lined up cars at all the junctions coming towards the depot and at points around the perimeter so even if a zombie does get close, theres a few extra obstacles to slow them down and give my sharpshooter time to pick them off from the platform.

The only issue i have it ammo is drying up very quickly! i have next to no ammo now and im really struggling to find more supplies. I really need some help with this one guys, what do you do when you run out of ammo and the radio operator isnt locating any? i make some ammo back by providing access to my library, shooting platform and dojo to other communities but it takes an hour and a half to generate like 5 ammo caches so its not sustainable!

Any help?

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The only issue i have it ammo is drying up very quickly!
    I've not played long enough to run out of ammo yet, but when I'm low on weapons in general I use a technique I like to call the Old Honker-roo, (based on the Old Okey Doke!). Basically it involves luring the zombies out by honking a car horn then running them over - apparently reversing over them does way less damage to the car. I'm using a very beat up sedan/station wagon or whatever it is, no doors, all smashed up to hell and smoke billowing out of the engine but it's still going! I manged to survive my infestation crisis, and intercept about five hordes headed for my base with that car - who needs Dead Reckoning!

Also, somebody please tell I'm not the only person that drove straight off that bridge and plunged into the ravine when abandoning the ranger station? lol.... anyone???...

United States
    ^

nope, i did the same damn thing with that bridge.

as for the ammo, there are a few survivor groups that reward you with ammo for helping them, plus there are several houses that have ammo caches. also,once you get to fairfield, the military has tons of ammo lying around that is there for the taking.