Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: State of Decay - Upcoming zombie MMO for consoles & PC

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ^

nope, i did the same damn thing with that bridge.

as for the ammo, there are a few survivor groups that reward you with ammo for helping them, plus there are several houses that have ammo caches. also,once you get to fairfield, the military has tons of ammo lying around that is there for the taking.
    Fairfield? is that the area thats all sealed off? how do you get in there?

I havnt heard from the army since the rescue mission when they start letting you use artillery strikes.

Also, yes i drove straight off that bridge too.

United States
    yeah, fairfield is the town sealed off by a military barricade. you just gotta keep doing story missions to be able to access the town.

and like i said, there are plenty of random houses that have ammo stored in them. you'd be surprised at how many there are....it's all random, though, according to the developers, in regards to what houses hold what items. but it my game, i probably ran across two or three houses that had to have had major gun enthusiasts/collectors living there, scoring me at least two or three weapons and a couple of ammo caches plus numerous individual rounds and silencers from each house.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 21-Jul-2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Yeah ive got loads of individual bullets but none of my characters really use guns, their next to useless unless you have time to get a clean headshot. Im talking about ammo supplies, my homebase gets through 9 per day somehow, i must have a really crap sniper who keeps missing or something.

Anyway, thanks for the tip about fairfield! ill check it out.. ive done the judge missions, i keep getting pestered by the radio girl to go speak to job wilkerson next so im guessing thats the next story mission?

United States
    If I remember correctly, there is one mandatory Wilkerson mission, but you can decline the rest..though you'll miss out on some guns and stuff..
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    yeah, the story missions kinda bounce back and forth between the different factions such as "the law", the wilkersons, the army, etc.

and once you complete all wilkerson missions, (which i suggest you do), you earn enough trust from them that you are given a small ammo supply ration from them, though i can't recall off the top of my head how much or how often.

Administrator

England
    Im at the last mission now, endgame.. but i need to know, if i complete it can i still play as my characters and keep my game as if i didnt play it? i want to see how it ends and score some achievements but i dont want to give up on my group and start new

United States
    you can reload your game/community after you beat the game, andy. it just takes you back as if you never began the final mission.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    you can reload your game/community after you beat the game, andy. it just takes you back as if you never began the final mission.
    If your lying to me, your so banned.

United States
    wouldn't lie about that, buddy. and it works, trust me.

and from what i've read on undead labs's twitter page and main website, new achievements and sandbox mode aren't far off.

United States
    So, I just joined the State of Decay bandwagon....I have about 3 hours invested.....it is my understanding that the game still sorta plays even if it is off....is that right or no?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    So, I just joined the State of Decay bandwagon....I have about 3 hours invested.....it is my understanding that the game still sorta plays even if it is off....is that right or no?
    Scary! So you'll turn the XBox off, but still see the controller beavering away?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    yeah, your group carries on and consumes food, uses meds, etc from your stockpile even while you're away. once you're away for an extended period (longer than three days, i think), the rate they use resources slows dramatically.

but the crew at undead labs has taken care to ensure that it's fair, that is to say that if you leave your community in good shape, things will be okay when you return. more details than i can provide can likely be found on their website's FAQ.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 08-Aug-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: your vs you're idiocracy

United States
    Incredibly great game aside from some of the glitching zombies. Captures the survival instinct pretty well....I took a female that I had invested most of my time in to pick up the doctor....

Well, the zombie rush happened...so midway through I was losing the barricade battle so what did I do? I ran outside to go grab a vehicle to run some of the douches over....well, I ran into one of those juggernaut zombies(not knowing he was a "special zombie" and so he grabbed me and ripped me in half.
    so I had to start the game all over.....I was so pissed. I had only invested 5 hours so it wasn't a complete loss but damn it! Embarrassingly, I did make the attempt to turn the console off and reload to see if perhaps she didn't die after all but what a disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Also, somebody please tell I'm not the only person that drove straight off that bridge and plunged into the ravine when abandoning the ranger station? lol.... anyone???...
    My first time....I jumped the bridge dukes of hazard style (successfully!)....the second time I experienced what you did....I was sorta wondering if my first experience was a fluke.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 09-Aug-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: ................

Administrator

England
    PC when????
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Everytime you post that, it drives me nuts.

I can't wait for this on the PC.

The mods will be epic!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....