Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: State of Decay - Upcoming zombie MMO for consoles & PC

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Xbox One when?

England
    So what are peoples overall opinions of this now the initial excitement has worn off? Just haven't had the time to play this or Last of Us since they came out.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    So what are peoples overall opinions of this now the initial excitement has worn off? Just haven't had the time to play this or Last of Us since they came out.
    Still a great game for only $20! Lots of surprises(Drama)....I just can't stand the huge fat tank zombies.....Put one down once with two shotgun blasts.....not sure if that was a fluke or legit since I run every time I see one.

United States
    still an awesome game but i kinda got dissapointed when they axed the co-op plans. also got all achievements and finished the story so i'm just waiting for the upcoming sandbox mode....

Administrator

England
    Early access version due out on the PC in a couple of weeks. Full version by end of year - http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...-september.htm

It's been more than four weeks since State of Decay Title Update 3 hit Xbox Live, delivering dozens of bug fixes alongside the game's new NPC companion system, but thousands of gamers have still yet to have a chance to experience Undead Labs' absolutely fantastic zombie-survival title. Thankfully, development of the State of Decay PC port is still progressing at the expected rate, and now it seems Undead Labs could release a completed version of the game before the end of 2013.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK

Administrator

England
    ^^ Cannot wait!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    any impressions from pc players on here yet?

and for those with the XBLA version, the sandbox DLC should be out shortly, though it's gonna be hard to tear myself away from gta5 for any amount of time to enjoy anything else right now....

United States
    PC version runs well with the occasional bug. The Xbox360 controller makes melee weapons and combo moves easy to use.
    Found driving with the controller very difficult to learn at the beginning, fine now after practice. Jump in the modern pickup and go to town!

Aiming firearms faster and more precise using mouse and keyboard. From what I've read some base and radio controls haven't been implemented there yet.

Trumble Valley map
    (warning contains spoilers)

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

UK
    Okay, just stumbled upon PC State of Decay Romero Mod!

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/10/sta...or-zombie-fans

Looks like I'll picking up this up again...

Ireland
    wait...they aren't slow zombies in the original game?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    ^

yes. the only "mod" i noticed in the video was the weapon never needed reloading. you'd never dare to be so liberal with ammo in the actual game......trust me.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Okay, just stumbled upon PC State of Decay Romero Mod!

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/10/sta...or-zombie-fans

Looks like I'll picking up this up again...
    So what actually is modified about it? Loved the music mash up!
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So what actually is modified about it?
    There's a few more videos at the link.

http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthr...8Experiment%29

Current Features:

1. Slow Classic Romero Zombies and Modern Fast Zombies - you can now choose whether your game will be inhabited by slow Romero zombies or fast modern zombies!

2. Vehicles: Enable/Disable Zombie Collision Damage - if enabled, when running over zombies with a vehicle, it should not take damage. The vehicle will only take damage when you let the zombie hang on to your vehicle (because they'll keep hitting it or ripping it apart). Of course, the vehicle will also get damaged if you bump into walls, rocks, and other vehicles.

3. Increased Zombie Population - zombie population has increased. For best effect, try making a lot of noise in places without outposts, especially in towns! Firing your loud gun will really attract a lot of zombies!

4. Optional Extra Outposts - if you use the MoreOutposts18.zip file, even the warehouse homebase can have up to 18 outposts! Other home bases still require testing but I believe they also have an increased number of outposts. You won't see the extra outposts in your journal/stats book so you'll have to just keep making them.

5. Deadlight - do you want to attract lots of zombies but you've already run out of bullets and things that can make loud noises? No problem! Your flashlight has been converted into a "Deadlight"! Simply turn it on/off repeatedly and zombies will start shambling towards your location! It's fun to use to cause other survivors trouble as you hide in a safe place!

Apparently he's done one for Dead Island too - might be worth investigating.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Apparently he's done one for Dead Island too - might be worth investigating.
    This? - http://www.moddb.com/games/dead-isla...g-comp-winners
    -Carl Sagan