Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption (incl. new Zombie DLC)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    THIS GAME SUCKS!!!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

Alright....I'm lying. About 2 hours in and I friggin love it. Rockstar makes some truly immersive games.

United States
    The controls aren't quite as smooth as I'd expected coming from GTAIV, but that's the one and only complaint.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    The controls aren't quite as smooth as I'd expected coming from GTAIV, but that's the one and only complaint.
    That's probably because it's the olden times and horses don't have power steering...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    EVERYWHERE around here is sold out. I gotta wait to pick this up. UGGGH!

United States
    with arkham asylum and the 2 mass effect games waiting to be played, i'm waiting this one out for a few weeks till the price drops, ditto with alan wake. very excited about both games though.

and pizz, congrats on getting rid of MW2. i doubt i'd play a single round of that game again even if i was given a free copy.

Super Moderator

UK
    Should have my copy tomorrow ... still to finish Alan Wake, but am getting very close now.

Was checking out some more footage online, looks spiffing ... it might take a little while to get into the 'feel' of the game and the controls (as it did with GTA IV), but once you 'get the feel' then you're sorted (same with GTA IV - initially I couldn't control the cars for shit, then after a little while I was power sliding those things round corners through traffic and causing all sorts of mayhem ).

Even got myself Once Upon A Time In The West on DVD to further the western vibe.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Anybody else having some screen problems with RDR? I'm no expert on the subject, but the game seems to be "jumpy". Instead of smooth camera pans and movements, i'm getting a sort of clipping jump every so often. GTAIV never had this problem.

Is this just a result of the large open world game, or do I need to pay to download some patch?

Super Moderator

United States
    Picked up my copy during lunch yesterday and will be trying to do some more damage to Mass Effect 2 before launching into RDR.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Picked up my copy during lunch yesterday and will be trying to do some more damage to Mass Effect 2 before launching into RDR.
    That's some amazing willpower you have there buddy. If that thing's in my mailbox today splinter cell is getting dropped !!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Anybody else having some screen problems with RDR? I'm no expert on the subject, but the game seems to be "jumpy". Instead of smooth camera pans and movements, i'm getting a sort of clipping jump every so often. GTAIV never had this problem.

Is this just a result of the large open world game, or do I need to pay to download some patch?
    I've heard a few stories of things like that. Pretty sure they're already working on a patch.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Do you have any links mike? All I can seem to find are problems with the online multiplayer. Which I hear is A LOT.

I'm wondering if maybe there's some setting I can change on my 360. I really hope I don't have to go through the online bullshit again to solve this problem. Until then it's not that big of a problem, anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    with arkham asylum and the 2 mass effect games waiting to be played, i'm waiting this one out for a few weeks till the price drops, ditto with alan wake. very excited about both games though.

and pizz, congrats on getting rid of MW2. i doubt i'd play a single round of that game again even if i was given a free copy.

It's been my observation that triple A titles don't drop in price very quickly. Mario Galaxy 1 is still 50 Bucks for christ's sake and the sequel comes out next week!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's been my observation that triple A titles don't drop in price very quickly. Mario Galaxy 1 is still 50 Bucks for christ's sake and the sequel comes out next week!

Yeah, wtf is up with that shit???

Gamefly has listed my Super Mario Wii as shipped, so I should know by the end of the day what they will send. The way things are looking it may be Scarface for the XBOX.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Yeah, wtf is up with that shit???

Gamefly has listed my Super Mario Wii as shipped, so I should know by the end of the day what they will send. The way things are looking it may be Scarface for the XBOX.

That's why I empty out my q when I want a specific game, if not they'll pull that shit.

If you want a brand new game on day one. Make sure they and only they are in your q atleast 2 days prior to release and make sure you have the requesite open slot.

Did it with alan wake and RDR, no problems. In fact they should be in my mailbox as we speak. damn this work day is gonna drag.

Last edited by darth los; 19-May-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That's why I empty out my q when I want a specific game, if not they'll pull that shit.

If you want a brand new game on day one. Make sure they and only they are in your q atleast 2 days prior to release and make sure you have the requesite open slot.

Did it with alan wake and RDR, no problems. In fact they should be in my mailbox as we speak. damn this work day is gonna drag.

Yeah, but the games on my list I really want to play. It does not really matter which one they send. I put Mario Wii, for example, on the list when it came out. But I was playing other games, so it was not a big deal. It is like a surprise.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 19-May-2010 at 04:57 PM.