Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption (incl. new Zombie DLC)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What a retarded-ass idea. Delay it by 3 weeks ... WHY do that when you're now gonna release it ON THE SAME DAY AS ALAN WAKE?!

All this log-jamming of games at the same time is stupid too - surely it'd make more financial sense to space yourselves out, they keep going on about competition, well well done Rockstar & Co, you've gone and put yourself out on the SAME DAY as one of the biggest releases this year! Duuuuuuuuh...

I was looking forward to getting RDR and hopefully getting it bashed out before Alan Wake, not anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mafia 2 lot said "we're gonna release on May 18th/21st too!" ... that'd just be hilariously stupid enough to actually happen.
    there moving it to the same day as alan wake?, arent they both remedy games.

that makes me suspicious of wakes date different divisions im sure, but if they even mention alan wake the game will be delayed by a further 6 hours each time

Super Moderator

UK
    Good point, both from Remedy - what's that all about? They've even gone so far as to set Alan Wake's date "in stone" - seriously, IGN or some crowd were sent a stone with Alan Wake's street date chiselled into it (if memory serves) ... so they'd be dummies to let that slide because of some pointless, non-sensical, and arbitrary 3 week delay in RDR.

I mean wtf Rockstar & Co ... what - the - fuck?

Ha! No sooner had I mentioned the release date of Mafia 2 (which was supposed to be before the end of July), IT'S BEEN DELAYED - what a shocker.

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/commen...l?id=030310_11

Now releasing between August 1st and October 31st.

Seriously, these fucking games need to screw their heads on when it comes to release dates, I mean goddamn. You know what? If you release the game, people might actually stand a chance at, I duno, BUYING the game!

Yeah sure you have to release it at the correct time, but stop buggering around like everyone else is, because more often that not you've got people releasing a game smack bang in the middle of a busy period. Ghostbusters delayed themselves by a few weeks (added onto the MONTHS of delays for European Xboxers that is) to put them 4 DAYS before the launch of MW2, rather than 2-3 WEEKS ... i.e. MORONS.

Same thing now with RDR - rather than 3 WEEKS ahead of Alan Wake, they're pimping themselves out ON THE SAME FUCKING DAY!

What idiots are in charge of releasing games?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 04-Mar-2010 at 10:51 AM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, who didn't see this coming?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1073859p1.html

.. . ...

It seems like every game I get excited about gets held back. And I don't get excited about many games...
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Mar-2010 at 11:53 AM.

United States
    rockstar's greedy move of shifting the release of this game in order to generate advertising buzz has really left a bad impression on me.

so i've decided to say fuck them and their little cowboy game, i'm not paying 60 bucks for it on day one. i'll now hold off buying it till it goes on sale and is no more than 40 dollars.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's how I feel about Alan Wake, Prof. I can't hold that large of a grudge against Redemption yet because this is the first(and hopefully ONLY) set back. Alan Wake has been pushed back how many times?

So I'll still get Redeption on release. Unless they push it back again. Could be worse.....they could cancel it....

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm in two minds about getting RDR on release date, specifically because it's coming out the same day as Alan Wake - which I am getting on launch day.

I had hoped to have bashed out most, if not all, of the story mode for RDR prior to Alan Wake - but nope, Remedy & Co had to act like penises and fuck it up.

And as for "generating advertising buzz" - dude - you had SEVEN WEEKS until the original launch date!!!

The only "buzz" they'll get from this stupid ass move is people not buying it at launch and waiting to get it cheaper - thus losing them money. I mean what utter dopes, they're in a world of their own, they just don't get it, do they?

United States
    with very few exceptions (dead rising 2 this year), i think i'm going to start holding off on games until they drop in price. within a year, almost every game gets map packs, dlc episodes, etc that are always available on a cheaper GOTY edition.

i've always thought that 60 was pretty steep for a game, and unless it's a game i'm REALLY fucking geared up for, count me out of the day-1 release club.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That's how I feel about Alan Wake, Prof. I can't hold that large of a grudge against Redemption yet because this is the first(and hopefully ONLY) set back. Alan Wake has been pushed back how many times?

So I'll still get Redeption on release. Unless they push it back again. Could be worse.....they could cancel it....
    They pushed RDR before. I remember seeing it on the shelves for pre order a very long time ago. If they are taking so much time on this, it better be flawless. I don't want Bathesda style glitches. There is really no excuse for glitches in games but that is a different story.

Super Moderator

UK
    What's daft is they've been building hype for the game with these trailers - and now shafting it back 3 weeks arbitrarily is just going to undo all the good they achieved with those trailers ... dimwits.

Indeed as has been evidenced here, and I'm sure all around the t'interwebz, it's just pissed people off. Some will still get it on launch (I will, for instance, but I'm no less annoyed at the utterly stupid 3 week delay - what a silly idea), but I'd imagine a lot of folk will just say "pfft, I'll wait now..." and therefore get it cheaper.

Dummies ... dummies ... dummies!!! (The marketting bods who came up with this retarded idea).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Dummies ... dummies ... dummies!!! (The marketting bods who came up with this retarded idea).
    Intentional or accidental Dawn reference?

Redemption was pushed back once before? I don't recall that set back. I think what hurts the most with this one is that it was SO CLOSE. A bit over a month away and they push it back. Silly Bastids.

Super Moderator

UK
    Intentional or accidental Dawn reference?

Redemption was pushed back once before? I don't recall that set back. I think what hurts the most with this one is that it was SO CLOSE. A bit over a month away and they push it back. Silly Bastids.
    Intentional reference, indeed.

Aye, being so close it's like "here you go ... NOOOO ... here you go ... NOOOO!" like a kid teasing another kid with a sweetie or something, which is daft, because the consumer is PAYING for your goddamned product in the first place, they shouldn't bugger the buyer around.

It was like the Ghostbusters. That stupid arse Xbox delay for Europe, and then it was pushed back TWO WEEKS for no good reason (to a mere 4 days prior to MW2) - I mean seriously - who are these idiots releasing games? Have they been mating with rocks, or something?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seems like every game I'm looking forward to gets held back. The only two that haven't were Batman and Aliens vs Predator. Apparently getting held back is becoming the norm in the industry. Almost like it's some kind of ploy to get more attention.

If Batman 2 is held back I'm gonna cry. I'm drooling to get my mits on that...

United States
    I really hated the new Batman game. I don't know what it is with me hating games that everyone else loves.

It would be awesome to have a batman free roam game set in Gotham City.

Maybe Rockstar should make it and set the release date back 4 or 5 times.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    I really hated the new Batman game. I don't know what it is with me hating games that everyone else loves.

It would be awesome to have a batman free roam game set in Gotham City.
    I agree that a batman sandbox game would be AWESOME, but what in particular was it that you disliked about Arkham Asylum? It received generally great ratings. And as a Batman fan I thought it was absolutely tip top material. One of the best batman stories to come out in years.

United States
    Seems like every game I'm looking forward to gets held back. The only two that haven't were Batman
    arkham asylum was delayed, though, if i remember correctly...