Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption (incl. new Zombie DLC)

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm trying not to think about this one and just leave as a nice surprise that pops up whenever it gets released. It continues to look great.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Boooo. Down with Alan Wait. RDR is where it's at!

And you passed up Batman for some Ass Greed garbage. You're dead to me, MZ.
    Have you played AC2? It's awesome!

Alan Wake comes first simply because I'll complete that in less time than I'd take to complete RDR ... like I was saying, RDR is something to really invest the time into and explore like a motherfucker. Looks insanely good, all the awesome touches, random events occurring, skirmishes, ambushes etc ... the idea that you can create a ghost town by killing a bunch of bandits that have taken over a deserted area etc. All the weird and wonderful characters, plus it looks pretty darn violent.

Perhaps this is the western game we've all been waiting for?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    explore like a motherfucker.
    It's how all the greats did it.

This and Mafia II are shaping up to be two pretty interesting sandboxy games, Mafia II being the only definite console game purchase for me this year, with RDR looking a distinct possibility.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Have you played AC2? It's awesome!
    No, I haven't. I wasn't being serious. I'm sure it's fun - I've heard good things. It's just a shame that you have your gaming priorities all out of whack.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It's how all the greats did it.

This and Mafia II are shaping up to be two pretty interesting sandboxy games, Mafia II being the only definite console game purchase for me this year, with RDR looking a distinct possibility.

Hell yeah, Mafia 2 will be another must-have pre-order for me. Never played the first game, (never played the first Red Dead game either), but again seeing videos and screenies of Mafia 2 (like with RDR) has made me randier than a blue-balled teenager.

I'm sure it's fun - I've heard good things. It's just a shame that you have your gaming priorities all out of whack.
    It's hella fun, the parkour mechanics work really well, and it sometimes goes into platformer territory which is fun in an old school nostalgia way, but it's also awesome to leap across rooftops while being chased by a gaggle of Agile guards, only to stop running and engage them in a wonderfully brutal rooftop sword fight.

Finding all the treasure boxes and viewpoints is also hella fun, as is upgrading your fortified villa with shops, services and art, as well as upgrading Ezio himself ... not to mention all the puzzle solving. A really spiffing sandboxer, so it is.

Sorry to disappoint, I'll get to Arkham Asylum at some point, but just going on the footage I saw on YouTube, I figured I'd enjoyed AC2 more and get more play time out of it too (currently just shy of 25% completion ... sorry, "synchronisation").

Back to RDR ... seriously can't wait to play that game!

United States

Holy shit!!

I figured this was going to be singleplayer only, and had no clue there was a multiplayer mode or that it was this feature rich. RDR is going to be truly great.

United States
    okay, maybe i will get that on day one...looking pretty fucking sweet, i gotta admit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    *sigh*

So it's just Live Multiplayer? What happened to the good ol' days when multiplayer meant you could play with someone on the same console?

But if anything can convert me to a Live member, this may just be it. Looks incredible!

Super Moderator

UK
    Agreed on the 'same console multiplayer'. I don't have XBL, and won't be getting it ... but I'd like to play more games with someone in the same room on the same console. How this can't be brought in easily is beyond me - if you can figure out XBL multiplayer, how hard can it be to make 'same console multiplayer'?

Anyway, I just know I'm gonna have a balls-out-swinging blast with RDR when its released. First video I saw of it earlier this year (having had no idea about it prior) I was sold instantly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They had same-console multiplayer for San Andreas. They could easily do the same or better with this. It's like they're trying to keep people apart. "Make them stay home alone and they'll have to use our expensive online service! MWAHAHAHA"

I know most people enjoy Live, but come the fuck on. It seems like the folks without it are getting the shaft lately.

Hopefully they'll announce some sort of multiplayer for us in the "revealed soon" multiplayer options....

United Kingdom
    The thing with the GTA:SA multiplayer was you couldn't (I don't think) stray too far from the other player because it didn't have split-screen, hence a similar thing in RDR would mean no roaming around seperately and probably be very awkward.

As for split-screen in RDR, I dunno, seems a lot of new games don't opt for it. I thought maybe it was because of the strain of rendering the same world for two different players on one console (and the RDR gameworld seems pretty massive). Either that or as you say, they really are just trying to force the online services on people.

I too am considering getting Xbox Live again for this. I could have asked for it to be renewed as a Christmas present but I didn't think I'd be wanting it this year, what with Mafia II being the only 360 game I thought I'd be buying.
    Last edited by Craig; 09-Apr-2010 at 07:23 PM.

United States
    I don't have xbl, but this multiplayer feature will be hard to pass up.

Super Moderator

UK
    I know most people enjoy Live, but come the fuck on. It seems like the folks without it are getting the shaft lately.
    Exactly!

I'm fed up of games coming with exclusive content, but you can only access it via XBL. A lot of stores charge extra for this "exclusive" content (with RDR it's outfits or special abilities etc), but if you don't have XBL you don't get it. Why can't this content be on the disc itself and you just unlock it like normal?

Fuck XBL.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Undisclosed
    Exactly!

I'm fed up of games coming with exclusive content, but you can only access it via XBL. A lot of stores charge extra for this "exclusive" content (with RDR it's outfits or special abilities etc), but if you don't have XBL you don't get it. Why can't this content be on the disc itself and you just unlock it like normal?

Fuck XBL.
    No stores are charging extra for exclusive content*. These are incentives to in most cases pre-order the game from them. It is also a way to combat used game sales and rentals.**

Also the whole split screen issue is as mentioned in another thread a technical issue and has nothing to do with forcing people to sign up for xbl.

*Unless you are speaking of special editions of the games that are sold universally such as the Alan Wake special edition which feature xbl unlock codes.

**EA has recently started "Project 10 dollar bill" to combat used sales and rentals offering content that can be downloaded with a code that comes with there games like Mass Effect 2 or Battlefield bad company 2 that can be also purchased on xbl or psn for the latter.

Last but not least "Fuck XBL"..... Really? Right on FUCK the MAN... Fuck companies that offer a quality service that people enjoy! How dare they charge a premium for the service that is not free to run and expand! Fuck em it should be free and shitty like PSN!!! It would be a crappy service but at least it would be free!

To those whom complain about not being able to access content that is on xbl:

Take an Ethernet cable and plug it into the back of you xbox and stop whining.

xbl silver is free.
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 20-Apr-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528