Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption (incl. new Zombie DLC)

United States

Red Dead Redemption (incl. new Zombie DLC)

I just started watching Deadwood, so a western themed open world game is sounding pretty good right now. Half the trailer looked like scenes from a movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    f*ck that looks amazing. from what ive heard rockstars outdone gta 4 by miles with this. the worlds meant to be massive and the sheer number of possible randomly generated events are like things peter molyneux promised for the fable franchise.
    i for one cant wait.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    please tell me it'll play like GTA

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't wait for that! Looks like everything I wanted Gun to be, and more.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    I can't wait for that! Looks like everything I wanted Gun to be, and more.
    gun wasnt great but i dug it a lot, shame it got kinda retarded at the end. it went from a proper western to wild wild west.

and that should never happen again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    gun wasnt great but i dug it a lot, shame it got kinda retarded at the end. it went from a proper western to wild wild west.
    |
    Yeah, exactly. I had so much fun with it... until the last like 20%. Especially the shit with the "boss" whom hurled bundles of dynamite which you had to shoot out of mid-air in order to make them explode on him and he could take ample amounts of dynamite explosions to the face - SO ANNOYING!!!

What else was annoying was that once you completed all of the side quests and story missions there was absolutely NOTHING left to do in the world, even though you could still freely roam it. There weren't even any bandits and the towns were virtually ghost towns. WTF???

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I barely remember the first Red Dead, but this looks like a blast! Can't wait.

capncnut
    That looks incredible. I wish I could see some gameplay from it.

United States
    Gameplay Series: Introduction

I'm absolutely loving the setting and atmosphere.

This game really came out of nowhere. Rockstar has been quiet about it until recently, and it looks to be even better than GTA4.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, that gameplay video was mouth watering. April 27th seems too far away!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can't fuckin wait!

United States
    wow. looking pretty damn impressive. definitely going to be picking this one up.

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn ... this looks sexy.

Looks like 2010 is gonna be a good year for sandboxing - Mafia 2 (never played Mafia 1, mind), and now this.

Barely paid any attention to the previous game (there was one right, so someone said?), and haven't paid attention to this until just now ... sandboxing in the old west? YES PLEASE!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Looks like 2010 is gonna be a good year for sandboxing - Mafia 2 (never played Mafia 1, mind), and now this.
    Never played Mafia either, but this year in games is looking great for a casual gamer like myself. Aliens Vs Predator in less than a month, Red Dead Redemption about two months later, and Alan Wake directly after that. It's all got me excited.

Barely paid any attention to the previous game (there was one right, so someone said?)
    Red Dead Revolver for the Xbox. It was pretty fun. Had it's problems, but over all was a great western shooter. This new one however looks out-friggin-standing!

BTW, MZ....have you given Batman:Arkham Asylum a go yet? Thoughts? I imagine you would love it as it's more of a story game rather than the whole online shebang.
    Last edited by bassman; 24-Jan-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Bassman - no, I haven't had a chance to do Arkham Asylum yet, but it is on my list.

Trouble is there's so many games on my list, including the new Splinter Cell, BioShock 2 (which can wait until it's on sale for cheap months and months down the line, quite frankly), Assassin's Creed 2 ... and of course Red Dead Redemption as a new entry which I will pre-order, as well as Mafia 2 which I will pre-order, and I've got Alan Wake and Dead Rising 2 both pre-ordered as well. Plus a couple of others even further down the list ... some I'll never get around to playing that are getting further down the list, and others will just have to wait until I'm ready (which will mean they're cheap by the time I am, so that's a win for me, hehe).

I really wish they'd spread out the releases more though, because geeeeez...

Ah yeah, Red Dead Revolver, that's the hammer. Yeah looks like a good idea before it's time - Redemption though, damn, now that looks sexy. I've been wanting a kick ass old west game since Outlaws back in the mid 90s (I love that game, one of my all time faves).

It's nice to see (sandbox) games moving away from modern times more now - so rather than GTA IV or Saints Row - you've got The Saboteur's 1940's Paris, or either Assassin's Creed game, or the up-coming Mafia 2, and Redemption too. Brings something a little fresher and more exciting, you know?