Thread: Tony Buba's zombie walk 12/18/09

United States

Tony Buba's zombie walk 12/18/09

I wanted to let anyone know who might live here in the Western PA region or near by that former Romero sound man Tony Buba will be organizing a zombie walk on Friday, December 18th from 11:30am - 1:00pm in downtown Pittsburgh. The location is 600 Grant Street - the U.S. Steel tower - which houses the headquarters of UPMC. Tony is holding this zombie walk as a protest against UPMC closing the hospital in Braddock, PA. Tony will be giving out copies of some rare photos from his personal photo collection from the set of Dawn of the Dead. I've seen a couple of these photos and they are like lost treasures to any Romero fan.
    Thanks!

capncnut
    Sounds like a great opportunity for folks in the area. Not to be missed, I reckon.

United States
    One more thing to mention, this zombie walk is going to be part of a documentary that Tony is working on. If you can, please come out to help Tony and this cause that he is passionate about. Thanks again.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Tony will be giving out copies of some rare photos from his personal photo collection from the set of Dawn of the Dead.
    Damn, why do I have to live on the wrong side of Pennsylvania? The Pittsburgh side is so much more fun.

Heck, I'd even protest in one of those wacky tea parties for some rare DAWN photos. (Yup, my soul is for sale but it comes with a high price tag.)

United States
    If anyone here is on Facebook, if you become friends with Tony you can get a look at couple of these pics. Tony is also posting links/information about the zombie walk, including a makeup artist who will be there to turn you into a zombie for the walk and documentary.

United States
    Holy crap...I'm actually off work that day! I might just go!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Holy crap...I'm actually off work that day! I might just go!
    If you do. Pictures, laddo.

United States
    goes without saying, cap

United States
    Here's some local news coverage of the protest. I managed to make it in to a couple shots just observing in the background.
    The video should be on the right side of the screen. If it's taken down by the time you read this, just click on the "Video Library" link and type ZOMBIES in the search area.

http://kdka.com/local/zombie.protest...2.1379218.html