Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dexter - Season 4 (TV series)

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Just a bit. Looking back though, they do need to shake it up. The last few series have been about Dexter adjusting to normal life. We can't have that can we? The situation with his sister throughs this all up in the air. Especially what she found out and how she will look at him with the way this series ended.
    I dunno if she looks at him different because during their conversation outside Arthurs house she says she loves him and without him she wouldn't be the person she is today.

I don't think her knowing who Dexter's mom was would change the dynamic of their relationship in the least.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

ViP

United States
    I agree DJ, their relationship will be stronger than ever. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if she moved in with him.

Now that I reflect on the finale, some things begin to worry me.

-You've got Deb in the know, and she is a fucking detective. She is going to wonder if Dex has any of the traits that his brother did.

-The fact that Trinity killed Rita will force Angel to think of Dex and Trin in the same thought. Then he will remember that HE SAW TRINITY TALKING TO DEXTER IN THE STATION!

-We haven't heard the last from Quinn either. I have no idea if he will be sympathetic and buddy up with Dex, or if he will turn up the heat.

-A part of me hopes that they skip a few months on the timeline before season 5 begins.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I dunno if she looks at him different because during their conversation outside Arthurs house she says she loves him and without him she wouldn't be the person she is today.

I don't think her knowing who Dexter's mom was would change the dynamic of their relationship in the least.
    There will be suspicion around Dexter when you bear in mind how he was found when he was little and how the series ended. Deb knows.

How do you do the spoiler thingy??

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Axlish is on the right track.

God i love this show. Gotta wait till bloody next October now.
    Can we have a TV movie please.
    Dexter : Teenage Angst
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    So many possibilities for Season 5, it really keeps you guessing and the mind working.

Such a great finale, and testament to that fact is that we're all rabidly going on about it, and that it has been thoroughly stuck in my head since I saw it.

Just - wow.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah the IMDB boards have been blazing solid for 3 days now. Add to that lithgow's nom for a Golden globe and the buzz... Dexter Season 4 is going to fly off the shleves next year when it hits DVD and Blu-Ray

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    I agree DJ, their relationship will be stronger than ever. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if she moved in with him.

Now that I reflect on the finale, some things begin to worry me.

-You've got Deb in the know, and she is a fucking detective. She is going to wonder if Dex has any of the traits that his brother did.

THIS IS A POSSIBILITY

-The fact that Trinity killed Rita will force Angel to think of Dex and Trin in the same thought. Then he will remember that HE SAW TRINITY TALKING TO DEXTER IN THE STATION!

BATISTA (ANGEL) WAS FACING TOWARDS DEXTER HE DIDN'T SEE TRINITY's FACE

-We haven't heard the last from Quinn either. I have no idea if he will be sympathetic and buddy up with Dex, or if he will turn up the heat.

QUINN WILL MOST LIKELY BE THE NEXT DOAKES

-A part of me hopes that they skip a few months on the timeline before season 5 begins,

FUCK NO! PICK UP RIGHT AT THAT SCENE!.

I commented in bold inside the Spoilers
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

ViP

United States
    @ kidgloves, type the word spoiler inside two brackets [ ], and at the end of the spoiler, put /spoiler inside some brackets.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So do you guys think Lithgow will grabbed the Golden Globe for Dexter?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    He bloody well should do. The man pwned everyone in season 4.

ViP

United States
    I'm not sure, because I don't watch everything else. I thought Smits would win the Emmy last year. That was his best work, ever.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think John has a lot of Buzz going on about his role on Dexter, unlike Smits who didn't have nearly as much... I guess we will have to wait and see.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Well... Only just started watching this...

Any only because I found out John Lithgow is in it...

Ten episodes in and really enjoying it !
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well... Only just started watching this...

Any only because I found out John Lithgow is in it...

Ten episodes in and really enjoying it !
    So have you not seen Seasons 1 through 3?

Although, yes, I did find Season 4 to be Dexter's greatest season. It was all a downhill slide afterwards, unfortunately (season 5 was pretty solid, mind).

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    So have you not seen Seasons 1 through 3?

Although, yes, I did find Season 4 to be Dexter's greatest season. It was all a downhill slide afterwards, unfortunately (season 5 was pretty solid, mind).
    I'm pretty sure I got through 1-3... Maybe I'd just need to check I finished 3!! Hmmm...

- - - Updated - - -

Christ! Didn't realise there were 8 seasons!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Christ! Didn't realise there were 8 seasons!!
    Yup.

Season 5 is pretty good, but can't compare to the high point of Season 4.

Season 6 wasn't much cop. Season 7 improved things a bit, but you could tell it was running out of steam as a show. Season 8 finally finishes things off, but limps to the finish line somewhat.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 09-Aug-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Administrator

England
    So call it a day after Season 5?
    -Carl Sagan