Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CREEPSHOW on disc

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Negative, son. Land Of The Dead was rated 15 but the DVD was 18, solely because of a few scenes in the extra material.

Okie dokes.

But doesn't the UK re-rate material for DVD. As I understand the system, and correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the BBFC require distributors to submit the film in every format so the rating can accurately reflect the content?

In the states you only re-submit if you want, the MPAA is optional, and features are never rated, however our LAND of the DEAD unrated is 4 minutes longer than the UK release. From what I remember the UK release doesn't have the apartment scene and a few other bits and pieces.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    From what I remember the UK release doesn't have the apartment scene and a few other bits and pieces.
    Only theatrically. The apartment scene was on the DVD.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aside from the natural difference in running time due to the NTSC/PAL issue, I have heard that the UK "Director's Cut" of Land isn't anything of the sort, and is instead just the US Theatrical Cut. I can't confirm or deny that though as I've got the R1 Dir Cut Unrated DVD (which I had in my hands a mere 2 weeks after seeing it in the cinema, thanks to the UK being about the 3rd last country on the planet to get it in theatres )

In the UK you can't legally sell a DVD unless it has passed through the hands of the BBFC. Some content is rated "E" for Exempt, such as the documentary series Long Way Round (although how it got an "E" confuses me, as they frequently swear in that series).

Anyway, the Video Recordings Act - which came about in 1984, thanks to all the video nasties bullshite, wasn't enacted properly at the time so it was never actually law. It is however being put back in the correct was as-is though, so we will still not have any version of what you Americalanders have known as the "unrated DVD".

*edit*

Ahhhh, cheers for that clarification there Capn. I'd thought it would have been hugely bizarre to flog a Dir Cut that wasn't a Dir Cut quite clearly.

So therefore the time difference is explicitly just down to NTSC/PAL then.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Dec-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Undisclosed
    1:02:40 on the R1 DVD

I didn't take into consideration that RCA to minijack cables might be required to record direct to computer, as well as a VCR in close proximity, so that's probably not possible for C-nut anyway.

so maybe you can let me know if there are any of note that I should be looking for.
    Any of these:

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    1:02:40 on the R1 DVD
    Ripped the AC3 from the R2 deleted scenes and converted to WAV for you. Shoot me a PM about where to send the file.

I'm certain that it's actually two different takes being used and not an overdub. Barbeau seems to be articulating "crotch" on the release version. It's really hardcore that you guys even catch this stuff.

Btw, Dave Burian is thanked for the deleted scenes along with Romero and Savini. I'd contact him for the last word on the subject.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 19-Dec-2009 at 11:13 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Ripped the AC3 from the R2 deleted scenes and converted to WAV for you. Shoot me a PM about where to send the file.

I'm certain that it's actually two different takes being used and not an overdub. Barbeau seems to be articulating "crotch" on the release version. It's really hardcore that you guys even catch this stuff.
    Precisely why this fucker has the Flyboy Award.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Precisely why this fucker has the Flyboy Award.
    What's the "Flyboy Award"?

(And does it come with a Flygirl?)

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    What's the "Flyboy Award"?

(And does it come with a Flygirl?)
    No, but you might get a HPotD thong if you beg Neil really hard.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm pretty sure on the R2 it's an overdub, because her mouth is definitely articulating the "un" rather than "ro", yet the audio is definitely "crotch".

I'd never noticed it myself until this thread, and even still having listened to the commentary TWICE in which they talk about that very same issue, but now that I've looked closely myself I'll never be able to not notice it, so thanks for that triste!

I kid, I kid...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    So therefore the time difference is explicitly just down to NTSC/PAL then.
    Correctomundo

I'm pretty sure on the R2 it's an overdub, because her mouth is definitely articulating the "un" rather than "ro", yet the audio is definitely "crotch".
    Yeah, the UK version is definitely an overdub - years and years ago, I noticed there was something wrong with her lipsynch at that point, and figured out what was really being said. I never found any mention or discussion of the matter until this thread, though.

So I wouldn't known about any edits/alternates if it had been an actual different take used.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 20-Dec-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Undisclosed
    I just watched the R2 and there is no way to tell for sure. Her upper teeth show when enunciating "crotch" so in no way does it look like an obvious overdub. I believe that people are imagining things. Don't force me rip the audio from both tracks to prove it.

Undisclosed
    First, there are two different audio takes for the whole line and not just the one word, that's why I want the whole original line. It's off timing and volume wise.

Second, I went and closely watched her mouth the word and at first I thought just maybe she might be saying crotch but I hit the turtle a few times and it really, really, really looks like she says cunt.

I am sending my spammed out yahoo address, that I just cleared again, via pm and all I need is from about VanderBilt to Excuse me so I can stretch and line up properly and maybe get a blank spot for noise profile capture. It would be great if it was 48000 but I don't think it will make much difference. This will be a definite upgrade but I suspect there will be noise galore. Thanks (unless you know if yahoo mail won't hold it. I thought it said 20mb limit).

Anyone can get either of the two tracks I mentioned, just PM with one of the following words: classical, disco or both. I need to figure out how to pass them out - an upload to a site or soulseek?