Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CREEPSHOW on disc

Undisclosed

CREEPSHOW on disc

There are three options, maybe more. The WB 1999 disc has a horrible picture and it jumps all over the screen but it is the only unmatted one available. The AB R2 has great picture and sound but is matted and more than it should be: 1.66 vs 1.85. The new R1 Bluray is matted, I think, and has 192k audio. Did they just upscale the 1999 DVD?

My problem is I am trying to replace the dubbed crotch line. I took the audio from the deleted scenes on youtube but when I denoise it, it doesn't match up cause it sounds terrible. I have searched for a watch it online version of the R2 disc but can't find one although I have found all the extras on youtube, even the commentary. Will someone please record their R2 DVD to a wav (or extract that cell's AC3 if so advanced) and send me the line from "Emily Van Buren" to "Excuse me" if she does in fact say cunt on the R2? I will stretch and equalize as necessary. I found a way to just redub the 4 minute cell and replace with Vobblanker instead of having to de and remux the entire movie.

I could send you the opening Mozart song from Father's Day in return in wav format if you want it although that might require a P2P connection or a devinylnoised and mastered mp3 of Don't Let Go.

As Wentworth says in Something to Tide You Over: "HHHHEEEELLLLPPPPP!!! HELP HELP HELP!!!!!"

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Now that I think about it, why does he call him Wentworth and then later Harry?
    Last edited by triste realtà; 17-Dec-2009 at 03:55 AM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    You know, I always knew there was an overdub on that section - but never knew about the deleted scene, and I have Creepshow on disc too...the R1, but it might seem that there's a better version knocking around - either that or I've seen the deleted scenes and just don't remember them.

I love Adrienne in that segment, an awesome performance, and still makes me laugh when hal Holbrook shoots her in the head just at the bit you mentioned.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I have always noticed the "crotch" overdub, and it's clear, from reading her lips, what she really said. But I've seen the R2 DVD and I'm fairly sure she didn't say "cunt" in that version either. Sadly I don't own it (I have the 1999 DVD, which would be perfectly fine for me on my little 22" monitor if it wasn't for the lack of extras) so I can't rip it for you, but that's what I remember. I could be wrong, I guess.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just out of curiosity.....anybody know somewhere I can view the special features from the R2 release? Apparently they're never going to put it out here.

No special edition, yet it's out on a crappy transfer Blu Ray.
    Last edited by bassman; 17-Dec-2009 at 11:59 AM.

ViP

United States
    Give me the time code, and I'll check. If she says cunt, I'll rip it for you.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Just out of curiosity.....anybody know somewhere I can view the special features from the R2 release? Apparently they're never going to put it out here.

No special edition, yet it's out on a crappy transfer Blu Ray.
    The Blu-ray is crisp, and has the look of a brand new movie. Who told you that BS?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Give me the time code, and I'll check. If she says cunt, I'll rip it for you.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

The Blu-ray is crisp, and has the look of a brand new movie. Who told you that BS?
    I had read some reviews saying it's the same as the ol R1 release and the image is crap.

Super Moderator

UK
    I've got the R1 bugger-all-extras DVD, as well as the double disc R2 edition (great making of doc on it btw) ... will have a gander myself.

Doesn't Adrienne Barbeau say "cunt" in her segment of the film?

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've got the R1 bugger-all-extras DVD, as well as the double disc R2 edition (great making of doc on it btw) ... will have a gander myself.

Doesn't Adrienne Barbeau say "cunt" in her segment of the film?
    She says "cunt" but its overdubbed with "crotch".

capncnut
    She says 'cunt' on my VHS.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    She says 'cunt' on my VHS.
    Really? Which version do you have? Is that the pre-cert one? I've got the UK 4front VHS, and she says a badly overdubbed "crotch":

She says the same on the R1 1999 DVD I own, and I think she also says it on the R2 DVD.

capncnut
    This one.

Scotland
    This one.
    That's really interesting. I wonder if the original cinema version had "crotch" or "cunt". I'm guessing "crotch" since it was certified "AA" in the old ratings system (equivalent to a soft "15" today) and they were much stricter on language, particularly that word, back then.

It could be that Intervision had access to an uncensored print that is now lost (unless it turns out that the R2 DVD really does have the word "cunt" in it, and I missed it, or it shows up on some weird Jap release or something).

capncnut
    Well censorship was less strict pre 1984 (Mary fucking Whitehouse ) so they might've had an uncensored print. I'm not 100% sure mind because I havent checked it. But I do remember being shocked by the word 'cunt' in Creepshow, as well as E.G. Marshall's barrage of cursing.

I have all the Intervisions: Night, Dawn (quite a unique version, the UK theatrical, which is a blend of Theatrical and Euro over 120 minutes), Creepshow, etc. They are really nice to have.

Scotland
    Well censorship was less strict pre 1984 (Mary fucking Whitehouse ) so they might've had an uncensored print. I'm not 100% sure mind because I havent checked it. But I do remember being shocked by the word 'cunt' in Creepshow, as well as E.G. Marshall's barrage of cursing.

I have all the Intervisions: Night, Dawn (quite a unique version, the UK theatrical, which is a blend of Theatrical and Euro over 120 minutes), Creepshow, etc. They are really nice to have.
    Yeah, things were less strict in the sense that companies could release home videos unrated, without submitting them to the BBFC, so you could get away with a lot more, but things were still pretty strict in the actual cinemas - even Dawn of the Dead was cut to shit to get a theatrical X rating.

I've wanted to see the Intervision Dawn version for a while now, I might try and track down a copy.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    There was a 4-front version of dawn of the dead that had no gore in it...I shit you not. Its basically an MTV version of the movie. It was the first I ever saw too, and was absolutely horrified when I saw the full version by the time I was 15...!!!

Entertainment in Video also did a very cut down version, the 4-front version was this, but re-edited to remove more gore than before. Unreal!

If anyone's interested, the version was released around 1996 and had a gold trim around the outside of the cover....definitely worth a look
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.