Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 member awards

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Best Male Member: Man, this is tough. I'll go with Minionzombie.

Best Female Member: Lady of Darkness was amusing

Best ZFE: I can't say MZ again. Is Bassman a ZFE? If so, him.

Best Staff Member: Brett... CapnCnut

Favourite American: I can never remember who is from where. Is Blind from 'merika? I'll say Blind because he makes me laugh.

Favourite Brit: Andy pandy

Wish you'd come back award: I would say PhillySwat but he's been coming back more often lately. Other than that I dunno.

Wish they'd let you back award: I'm sure there's probably a few who were banned that I used to talk to, but I can't really remember. Fuck 'em.

The Flyboy Award: Yojimbo. He just seems like a really nice guy.

The Rhodes Award: SRP, without a doubt. I think he's great, but he's not exactly Mr. Positive

Best Quote: See my sig

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member . . . Bassman. . .even though he is wildly inncorect in his so called "opinion" about ROTLD
    "opinion" and "incorrect". Awesome.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm gonna be all lame and list more than one person as you chaps and chapettes are all so rockin' ... and if you don't like that, then fuck you very much.

Best Male Member (*titters like a dirty minded git*) ... too many to choose from... (wait a minute, that makes me sound like a slut ... ignore that! )

Best Female Member Chic (that lass has got a bloody good head on her shoulders, and I always enjoy posting with her on the forum) or DebbieAngel (such a nice lady)

Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Bassman (his love of Ghostbusters makes me love it even more) or Neil (aka The Boss) or hellsing (he's a weird motherfucker that dude, but I love him and his *high five* flavoured posts ... in a totally heterosexual way)

Best Staff Member Capn (that dude is always on top of everything, is always even-handed, and puts me to shame) or Andy (for all that complicated-ass VBB stuff)

Favourite American DjfunkmasterG (a dude who speaks his mind like nobody else I know ... plus he's a Mustang man) or Mike70 (stand-up dude) or mista mo (okay, he's Canadian - but I love Canada - and all his talk of Baconators and moobs just makes me chuckle)

Favourite Brit Tricky (legend) or hellsing (confuses the hell out of me frequently) or Capn (nobody has made me laugh so hard, even when I'm not even on the forum, with his vernacular and syntax) or Liam (we've bumped heads ... frequently ... on political topics, but we're still chums) or SymphonicX (stand-up dude, makes me laugh, talks sense)

Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by) LouCipherr (it's a good thing email exists)

The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member) (*titters like a dirty minded git ... again*)

Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote) Capn (goodness knows what it'd be, but goddamn that dude can make me laugh) or Kraken (he's quoted in my sig right down there)

Best Spambot Apephellini (consider that screen grab deposited in the spank bank )

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Best Male member: MZ, Most sane member and the only bloke here who has yet to be "the jerk" in a thread yet even once, which the rest of us has at LEAST once
    Really? ... Sane? ... debateable, muahahahaaaa.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member :Minion Zombie
    I should damn well think so too, I've got nearly 15,000 posts!!

Maybe I shouldn't brag about that too much...

Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Favourite Brit. . . .Tied between Hellsing and Minion. . . because they are both chock full of whatever passes for awesomeness in Britain
    Roast beef, strawberry jam, and female breasts.

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Best Male Member: Man, this is tough. I'll go with Minionzombie.
    Awww ... I knew I'd never regret whipping it out down that back alley that one time.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Best Male Member - MZ. Does he ever do anything wrong?!? I'm telling you the dude has a halo....
    The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member) - MZ
    Glad to be of service ... and I've surely done some things wrong, haven't I? I sure as hell do in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Favourite Brit: Tie again, MZ and Andy. It's really hard to pick!
    Pick me! I'm the more awesome one!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Best Spambot Definatly Apephellini!
    (sorry guys but that last one is abit of a inside joke, only the mods will get it )
    *high five*
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 19-Dec-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

Best Spambot Definatly Apephellini!
    (sorry guys but that last one is abit of a inside joke, only the mods will get it )
    and the guy who reported the post. on second thought, i should've held off on reporting that so more people could've gotten a look at a truly classic piece of spam.

i'm also rather touched by the sentiments in this thread. i would've thought that i'd be at the head of the "who do you wish would go away and never come back" list.
    Last edited by Mike70; 19-Dec-2009 at 06:01 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Best Spambot Apephellini (consider that screen grab deposited in the spank bank )
    He's still trying to log in as I speak! Apephellini is the Chuck Norris of spambots.

UPDATE:

Best female member: Chic Freak by default. Debbieangel by heart. But if I wish to keep my testicles attached to my body then I will have to vote for my girlfriend, Nathalie.

Wish you'd come back award: DVW5150. Dude was busted on these forums by his then girlfriend and she was real ugly about it. After that he just vanished. I miss the guy because he would throw his all into every topic and was a damn nice fella.

Wish they'd let you back award: Its gotta be HLS. Her inane, usless posting was funny as hell, as was her and Adreno's battles. And who could forget that gem, 'torlet'.

The Flyboy Award: Okay, it's definitely Dubious Comforts. The man is a walking encyclopedia of Night Of The Living Dead. Second prize goes to thxleo. Might not be a popular choice with some of youze, but the man is always on the ball when it comes to conventions and information regarding the dead series. His interview with Romero was incredible.

Best Spambot: Apephellini, for reasons stated above.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    He's still trying to log in as I speak! Apephellini is the Chuck Norris of spambots.
    Shall we let him back?

Nathalie
    UPDATE:

Best female member:But if I wish to keep my testicles attached to my body then I will have to vote for my girlfriend, Nathalie.
    Damn right.

Best staff member-Capncnut: Oh, what can I say. He's the most wonderful person I've ever met. He's so kind, helpful, smart and generous + his accent is SO sexy. And...... He's my boyfriend *PROUD*

Best male member-Kortick: I LOVE his sense of humor, he never fails to make me laugh. Haven't spoken to him that much but Brett has told me so many nice things about him

Best female member-DebbieAngel: She's such a nice lady.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Det är kämpe-grejt.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie View Post
    Capncnut: Oh, what can I say. He's the most wonderful person I've ever met. He's so kind, helpful, smart and generous + his accent is SO sexy. And...... He's my boyfriend *PROUD*
    James Bond, baby.

Shall we let him back?
    Well if he wins the best spambot award then why not let him back on for a day as a super special prize. Then we get to ban the spamming little fucker all over again!

This has got me thinking. What do the winners get as a prize? I had my sights set on a HPotD thong personally...

Nathalie
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Det är kämpe-grejt.
    Ja, det er kjempe greit.

James Bond, baby.
    Yes, you're my James Bond

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    "opinion" and "incorrect". Awesome.
    Thought you might like that!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Canada
    you'll find that pretty all opinions are incorrect. Except for mine, because I don't have opinions.

I have facts.

United States
    Since when is Flyboy "helpful"? Guy was only one step away from being Miguel.

I think the Most Helpful Award should be named after...ah, damn, forgot his name. The burned dude in Land. He was helpful. CHARLIE! That was it.

Canada
    Yea, but he was also retarded.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Best Male Member- Mine
    Best quote of the year, at least within the awards nomination thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member)- Tough one...I'm gonna have to lean towards THXleo, solely for the reason that he tends to get under someones skin at some point in time, and it leads to some fairly long and drawn out arguments.
    Y'all being way too hard on Lee. Though I may not see eye-to-eye with him on politics, I can't say that he's ever been disrespectful of my opinions.

Regardless, it's unfathomable that any political debates can overshadow Lee's tremendous contributions to this site and fandom in general over the past year: awesome Romero interview, on-the-scene Survival of the Dead reporting, first-ever John Amplas convention appearances, and now arranging for Terry Alexander and Michael Gornick, too. What else does he need to do to earn The Flyboy Award?

And I am positively dumbfounded that the ultimate champion of DEAD fandom GARY STREINER has not been mentioned once in this entire thread. Nominate your collective selves for Biggest Tool Award in light of the oversight. This man busted his ass physically and financially to bring us jerks the DEAD event of the decade, so if y'all can't think of a suitable category for nomination, then you'd better make one up.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 20-Dec-2009 at 06:05 PM.