Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 member awards

Administrator

England

2009 member awards

We've do this on a couple of forums, thought id give it a try here, all you have to do is nominate whoever you like for each catergory, ill count up the nominations and see who wins. You dont need to vote in every catergory, just the ones you want to and feel free to invent some catergories of your own, and remember its all just abit of fun of course.

One rule, your not allowed to nominate yourself.

Nomation Catergories :

Best Male Member
    Best Female Member
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member
    Best Staff Member
    Favourite American
    Favourite Brit
    Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by)
    Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned)
    The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member)
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member)
    Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote)

United States
    You want us to post our votes or PM them to you?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    just wanted to throw a few nominations in the hat:

best staff member
    - the capn. this dude is always quick to answer a pm, very helpful and informative to us non-ranking members, fair to all, quick to bust a spambot's ass, and an all around cool mule.

best male member- kortick: this guys sense of humor is without comparison (he'd probably crack a joke me thinking he's got the "best male member" if i don't point it out first), he's a pretty knowledgeable dude, seems to have a pretty unique view of things and life in general, and calls 'em like he sees it.

best female member-ChicFreak: i realize there's not a lot of competition for her, but even if there was, she's still pretty rockin. always offer's a lady's opinion on things, has thick enough skin to deal with some of the flak that flies around here, and is also pretty cute. liam's a lucky dude if she's as cool in real life as she is on here.

favorite brit- tricky: tricky and his respect and reverence for all the troops is something i've always liked about the guy, plus he's never grating or rude, always a pleasant dude. and he usually post some pretty funny and quirky youtube vids that crack me up. we also seem to have a lot of similar experiences, so he's pretty cool in my book all-around

best quote-Mike70: mike's another dude who call's em like he sees it, and has got a pretty funny way of wording things. one of my fave's this year was him busting into the drugs thread and dropping "this is all just keyboard masturbation" on us. i literally spit soda onto my lap upon reading that.

the flyboy award- toss up between DubiousComforts and C5NOTLD: these guys' fandom for the original NoLD is unrivaled. they've both posted plenty of interesting info, links, and articles about the "one that started it all" and even put out a great documentary for all of us nerds to enjoy.

Wish they'd let you back award- khardis: yeah, the guy could be an asshole who always had to have the last word, but he stood up for what he believed in, provided some balance around this loony-liberal dominated online community, and provided some pretty entertaining posts.

all right, that's about enough. starting to feel like i'm writing love letters about all you dorks i've never even met. maybe i'll pop in with more later.

United States
    Best Staff- definitely the cap'n. Brett is the most impartial moderator I have I ever met on any board. He keeps things on an even keel and still manages to sink to our level with the questionable humor.

Best Male Member- Moonsylver. The guy lightens up every thread he posts in while still conveying what is on his mind. And generally has me actually LOL-ing as he goes about his business.

Best ZFE- bassman. Guy gets his balls busted on a regular basis and takes it like a champ.

Favourite Brit- hellsing. I...I...there is no reason that could ever be formed in human words....

Wish they'd come back- childofgilead. Awesome, awesome writer.

Best Quote- Currently evilned. It made my sig

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Best ZFE- bassman. Guy gets his balls busted on a regular basis and takes it like a champ.
    Is this a compliment?
    Last edited by bassman; 18-Dec-2009 at 02:48 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Best Male member: MZ, Most sane member and the only bloke here who has yet to be "the jerk" in a thread yet even once, which the rest of us has at LEAST once

Best Female member: Chic gets the vote from me, Well spoken, friendly and that rare horror forum member who aint an attention whore. Not to say debbieangel for example is, but ive seen others on other forums that base there daily routine on A: flirting, and B: causing "teh dramas"

Best ZFE: Bassman, dudes a grown man who dresses like a ghost buster and aint ashamed of it. i tip my fedora at you sir.

Best Staff member: Andy is one of those forum staff who doesnt reserve themselves to just the "inner circle" but like this thread takes an active part.

Favorite American: Mike70, dude can make me chuckle, simple as.

Favourite Brit: hands down Cap' be it on here, or yelling in l4d2 in a 'laun'daghn' accent "AH' FAHKS-AKE!, AV' GOT ANUTHA FAKKIN JOCKEY MIDGET BASTAD ON ME!" hes a nice guy who doesnt take shit but never gets all in your face either.

wish they'd come back: I'm not too good with long gone names but andrenochrome was as big a dick from whati saw as he was touted to be.

Wish they'd let you back: Khardis, the motherfucker was funny as hell without intention, like a drunk retarded red headed middle step child thats regularly beaten, he was angry at the world, an immovable rock on any issue , and we were all idiots for have a dissenting opinion.
    i dont like the guy but damn lulz were had.

The Flyboy Award: Pjoseph, when he visits he almost always will post in a thread in filmmaking or games to add something new to a thread thats often very informative.

The rhodes award: THXLEEEEOOOOOOOO! - not my most disliked member at all, ive been vocal on who that is and im sure there off patrolling the border for nonwhites right now, but damn leo will NOT move on opinions and can come off as a bit of a troll, but its rarely directed at anyone in particular so its never rude, just antagonistic. like i said, not most hated, but certainly theres none more staunchly opinionated.

Best Quote: Mista' Mo sometimes he just "gets me" and will reference the trailer park boys, or make jokes about rape or animal cruelty that just brighten everyones day.
    Last edited by Danny; 18-Dec-2009 at 03:41 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Is this a compliment?
    It is, indeed. A rare talent to take so many jokes at one's own expense and not go postal on the board lol!

United States
    It's really hard for me to pick any ONE person in ANY of these catagories, because there's so many that fit...and...I love you guys.....*SNIF*SNIF*...

Best Male Member- Moonsylver. The guy lightens up every thread he posts in while still conveying what is on his mind. And generally has me actually LOL-ing as he goes about his business.
    Thank you! I'm glad I amuse you by doing my business...

Poor guy. Gets his balls busted AND takes it like a champ?!?!? Oh, wait...you meant...

Is this a compliment?
    Depends on how...you...take it...oh wait...

It is, indeed. A rare talent to take so many jokes at one's own expense and not go postal on the board lol!
    AHHHHHH!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!

England
    Aww shucks, cheers prof!

capncnut
    Haha, I've seen these awards on other forums and they can end up being quite funny. On the Shenmue forums they even have awards like 'most trollish member', 'most dyslexic member', and 'spambot of the year'.

Best Staff- definitely the cap'n. Brett is the most impartial moderator I have I ever met on any board. He keeps things on an even keel and still manages to sink to our level with the questionable humor.
    Your $50 is in the post.

Edit: I'll add a couple. But only a couple.

Wish you'd come back award: DVW5150. Dude was busted on these forums by his then girlfriend and she was real ugly about it. After that he just vanished. I miss the guy because he would throw his all into every topic and was a damn nice fella.

Wish they'd let you back award: Its gotta be HLS. Her inane, usless posting was funny as hell, as was her and Adreno's battles. And who could forget that gem, 'torlet'.
    Last edited by capncnut; 18-Dec-2009 at 10:18 AM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Best Male Member: LOL... I can't answer this without a straight face.
    Best Female Member: Chic Freak
    Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member :Minion Zombie
    Best Staff Member: Capn Cnut
    Favourite American: Undecided
    Favourite Brit: Undecided
    Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by) Faltraz
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member) Thxleo
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Best Male Member - MZ. Does he ever do anything wrong?!? I'm telling you the dude has a halo....
    Best Female Member - Chic
    Best Staff Member - Capn. Like superman....he's always around.
    Favourite American - Mike70
    Favourite Brit - Hellsing
    Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by) - Adrenochrome. See below.
    Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned) - HLS. Now that Adreno is allowed, it could be like a wrastlin' match.
    The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member) - MZ
    The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member) - Thxleo

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    One rule, your not allowed to nominate yourself.
    This is an outrage!

That said, I think this is a great idea!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by) - Adrenochrome. See below.
    Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned) - HLS. Now that Adreno is allowed, it could be like a wrastlin' match.
    This would be good for a week. Then it'd be nice to have HLS re-banned and Andreno stick around.

Canada
    Best Male Member- Mine

Best Female Member- Lady of Darkness

Best ZFE (nominee must have 5000+ posts) Member- none, I hate everyone that has more posts than me, and ZFE are reserved for a special type of hatred.

Best Staff Member- Sorry, I don't support those that thrive on the repression of the rights of every freedom loving person.

Favourite American- See above.

Favourite Brit- I hate to pick favourites.

Wish you'd come back award (Your favourite Member who stopped coming by) andrenochrome- Witty guy, very cool and had many good conversations with the guy. Get back here Tom.

Wish they'd let you back award (Your favourite Member who was banned)- khardis. The topics and posts this guy would make were intensely funny. Sure, he may have been abrasive as hell, but the arguments people would often find themselves sucked into with this guy were beyond funny.

The Flyboy Award (Most Helpful Member)- Most likely Dubious, as he seems to enjoy helping others that have queries about the original trilogy, and especially NOTLD. As said before, he even helped release a documentary about the film.

The Rhodes Award (Most Antagonistic Member)- Tough one...I'm gonna have to lean towards THXleo, solely for the reason that he tends to get under someones skin at some point in time, and it leads to some fairly long and drawn out arguments.

Best Quote (who posted your most memorable quote)- Kortick "Moo for me baby, you do it so good"

Could eat the most pizza in one sitting- Moonsylver or Clang I figure. They could come pretty close to my record.

Also Thanks Hells, all that talk about animal rape got me thinking, and I seriously believe I need to re-evaluate my life.