Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who's working on Christmas Day then?

capncnut

So who's working on Christmas Day then?

Just figured I'd ask as I know a couple of people who are. I suppose its worth the double/triple pay or whatnot. A mate of mine is gonna be stuck in a supermarket over Christmas Day, sod that for a game of soldiers.

Canada
    I work the 25th...well technically 26th as my shift starts at midnight, but the extra pay will be good. Time and a half, plus the bonus you get for being the shift supervisor.

Not like I have anything better to do.

United States
    Mental Health never takes a break...sigh. Fortunately, I get to spend Christmas morning watching my own children open their gifts before I have to head off to the asylum and deal with...whatever the day brings...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the mcdonalds i worked at during the summer for some uni cash is making everyone i know who still works there do a 6a m till 11pm christmas day shift.

even the managers are skiving.

United States
    My condolences to all who have to work on Christmas day. I was in retail for enough years I sympathize. In my current line of work my building is closed weekends & holidays, so I couldn't work even if I wanted to. And I'm not complaining!

England
    Tomorrow, I will be mostly eating & probably feeling sick from tonights xmas eve pub crawl that I'll be embarking on very soon!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Tomorrow, I will be mostly eating & probably feeling sick from tonights xmas eve pub crawl that I'll be embarking on very soon!
    Don't forget to hit Wetherspoons for some of their festive brews. That Christmas cake beer is fucking lethal.

United States
    My shift was just cancelled!!!!! I love having senoirity.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Don't forget to hit Wetherspoons for some of their festive brews. That Christmas cake beer is fucking lethal.
    I always start in spoons when im on a local night out, the guest ales are always worth having a dabble in! I had a maggie thatcher one in there recently called "iron lady", was a good drop as well!

United States
    you blokes are lucky as sin. In Pennsylvania, the liqour laws are so antiquitated, you couldn't buy a beer the next two days if you tried.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    you blokes are lucky as sin. In Pennsylvania, the liqour laws are so antiquitated, you couldn't buy a beer the next two days if you tried.
    You can't buy a beer over Christmas? Christ, that would take all the "ho, ho, ho" out of it for me. It should be FREE! After all, it is a celebration of the birth of the man who turned water into wine.

United States
    Mate...you can only buy beer on a normal Sunday for a three hour window... You'd swear the Puritans were still in charge round here. I have to plan my beer purchases for the weekend very carefully if I'm to stay happy!

United States
    Yeah there are still parts of Ohio (and other states) which are "dry" on Sundays PERIOD. And even areas where there ARE Sundays sales it's beer and wine ONLY. Because, y'know, we're moral & stuff, & against sin & all that...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Yeah there are still parts of Ohio (and other states) which are "dry" on Sundays PERIOD. And even areas where there ARE Sundays sales it's beer and wine ONLY. Because, y'know, we're moral & stuff, & against sin & all that...
    Maybe...but Ohio has such a diverse beer selection compared to PA, that I could let that slide. Plus, we can't buy beer in grocery stores or gas stations, only in licensed distributors. I feel Amish on Sundays.

United States
    Me, and I'm here right now. I work in a hotel and it's absolutely dead in here tonight. I may roam the halls later on to see if any ghosts want to play.
    As I make left and right turns throughout it's winding 1/4 mile stretch I may get lucky, but if I turn the corner and a tennis ball comes rolling out of nowhere well...
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."