Thread: Gothic - PC Action RPG

United States

Gothic - PC Action RPG

Has anyone played these games? I have the first two ( 3rd one is new ) but I just fell in love with these 2 games. The storyline is so original, the action is good, and I just love being able to pick a fight with anyone in the game. For those who havent played it/heard of it, the story goes as follows: There is a war going on with the orcs, and the king needs ore for weapons/armor. He comes up with the idea to use prisoners to mine ore. He gets 12 magicians to create a magic barrier, where people can go in, but cannot get back out. You play a convict thrown into the barrier, and throughout the course of the game, you try to find a way to get out. I'm not going to tell anymore...I might spoil it for someone. All I know is, I could play either one for days at a time...if I had no live... And when I play this game...I smoke lots of swampweed....just have to know where to find it. God I love this game.

Paranoia Agent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A break from reality! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paranoia nurtures him!

United States
    Noone has played this/heard of this? Man...people are missing out. If you like pc action rpg's...or just fun game sin general...I'd give it a shot.

Paranoia Agent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A break from reality! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Paranoia nurtures him!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdead7
    Noone has played this/heard of this? Man...people are missing out. If you like pc action rpg's...or just fun game sin general...I'd give it a shot.
    It is an excellent game, although the fight scenes tended to be a bit choppy and wooden.

I liked travelling all over, meeting different NPC's and finishing quests. It takes a heckuva long time to get enough gold to buy anything though.

Haven't tried the new one yet... I didn't even know there was one beyond the second.

Scotland
    I've gone ahead and checked it out, looks good.

Getting it as we speak.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive heard it makes fables good/evil system look like crap.

im looking forward to the sequel.