Thread: Best Convention for 2009: The LIVING DEAD FESTIVAL

Undisclosed

Best Convention for 2009: The LIVING DEAD FESTIVAL

The 2nd Annual LIVING DEAD FESTIVAL has been nominated for Best Convention of 2009 in the Rondo Classic Horror Awards.

To read about the nomination, click here. For more info about the Rondo Awards, go here: http://www.rondoaward.com.

Andrew Jones' Advertising Night of the Living Dead gallery exhibition and reference book have also been nominated in the category of Best Fan Event of 2009.

Now don't be a bunch of apathetic douche bags. It's up to DEAD fans everywhere to show support for the festival once the voting is underway. Or you can be a real douche bag and vote against it, but either way, get off your behind and VOTE. And don't worry because I will certainly remind you. Lots.

capncnut
    I didn't attend but my vote is there, Jim. Fucking GUTTED I couldn't go. Missed out on a piss-up with Gary...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I didn't attend but my vote is there, Jim. Fucking GUTTED I couldn't go. Missed out on a piss-up with Gary...
    And we missed having you there.

You know, the only thing at the LDF that left a sour taste in my mouth was the lack of support from the western PA community at large. On the Friday night of the event, the night before freakin' Halloween, Chuck Craig and I were sitting in the local pub and then Gary came in and joined us. The rest of the joint was packed with idiot hockey fans, so except for the three of us, you wouldn't have even known there was a festival at the home of the greatest horror film ever made.

I live nearly 400 miles away from Pittsburgh and Evans City, yet I have more "homegrown" local pride in my little pinky for this film than all of western PA combined.

Super Moderator

United States
    Sweet.

I am a real douche bag, but I'll look into voting if they let a bum like me do so.

Also, of note, I came across mention of a familiar name...

FAVORITE HORROR HOST (Active)

Svengoolie (Rich Koz)
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 08-Jan-2010 at 07:20 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    You know, the only thing at the LDF that left a sour taste in my mouth was the lack of support from the western PA community at large. On the Friday night of the event, the night before freakin' Halloween, Chuck Craig and I were sitting in the local pub and then Gary came in and joined us. The rest of the joint was packed with idiot hockey fans, so except for the three of us, you wouldn't have even known there was a festival at the home of the greatest horror film ever made.
    You know, Jim. Get's right up my ass that no one here from Pitts attended in WAVES.
    Last edited by capncnut; 09-Jan-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Undisclosed

Rondo nom / Advertising NOTLD

MANY thanx to all who attended the 09 LDF, those of you who stopped by to visit the bit of Advertising exhibit there, and those of you who helped put it together (Terry Glindele, Joe B, CA Jones, others whom I may have forgotten). It goes without saying, Gary and Aaron - I'm indebted for their sponsorship and support (and in this world, their kindness and friendship).

Of course, thanks for the nomination for Best Fan Thingy. It was all raw blood N guts (and mud) this time - if we are back with things and All Things Exciting in 2010, it can only get better.

Anyone interested in obtaining an exhibit book from Advertising NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD can see it on ebay (seller hades333 store):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Advertising-NIGH...item5638104f92

Or purchase it directly via: murderhappycharacters@yahoo.com

Undisclosed

LDF2 turnout

Yeah, I can't believe the local turnout, the local disregard (or disdain maybe). There were some people who helped immesurablly, don't get me wrong, but overall it wasn't whole-heartedly supported by the region (it also didn't help the chick doing PR dropped off the face of the earth two minutes after the first meeting ended).

The Strand champaign gala we'd originally planned you'd think would've sold out fast. People should've been flying in from Mars it would've been that cool. Maybe it was kinda steep at 100 a pop (didn't help the theatre rep wanted like 2 or 3K to open the F-n doors), but it would've been an historic event and all in one place. I heard the same theatre hosted Debbie Reynolds some weeks earlier and the place was packed. Go figure.

Hope she showed 'em her tits-

Undisclosed
    I made the trip up to this with a friend of mine and had a blast! Gary Streiner is trying his best to keep the spirit of NOTLD alive.. I can't wait to hear what he has in store for this year.