Thread: Metro 2033 - like STALKER meets Fallout 3...

Super Moderator

UK

Cool Metro 2033 - like STALKER meets Fallout 3...

Trailer via the link:

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/commen...ml?id=010910_4

Set in the shattered subway of a post apocalyptic Moscow, Metro 2033 is a story of intensive underground survival where the fate of mankind rests in your hands. In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age. The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.
    Screenies and more info here:

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Produ...e_last_refuge/

Looks cool to me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    old news but it looks neat enough, but theres only so much wasteland i can take. least snowy wasteland beats "brown". i just think its gonna be very restrictive with the whole "can only stay topside as long as your oxygen lasts". thats bodes as a cheap way to cover short comings like the fog in the original silent hill compensating for draw distance or something, only more janky.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    old news but it looks neat enough, but theres only so much wasteland i can take. least snowy wasteland beats "brown". i just think its gonna be very restrictive with the whole "can only stay topside as long as your oxygen lasts". thats bodes as a cheap way to cover short comings like the fog in the original silent hill compensating for draw distance or something, only more janky.
    Is it? I don't see any other posts about Metro 2033 in the search function.

And you can never just be happy can you?

United States
    Just caught the trailer myself this morning. They really nailed the atmosphere, post-apocalyptic Moscow looks seems like a great setting for game of this type.

Super Moderator

UK
    Interesting to note that 4A Games, the people making it, was founded by two folks who split away from GSC Gameworld a year before STALKER was released. These folks had worked on STALKER, so that explains why it had a sort of STALKER vibe to it.

Hopefully they'll make Metro 2033 less system intensive, and more stable. I still loved STALKER, but it's brutal flaws were the instability and hunger it had.

Speaking of which, the new STALKER game "Call of Pripyat" is coming out next month I think. This time though I'll wait to purchase it, so I can see how the land lies with patches and reviews. The second game wasn't as good as the original, so...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Jan-2010 at 10:52 AM.