Thread: The Saboteur - anyone else playing it?

Super Moderator

UK

The Saboteur - anyone else playing it?

Just wondering as I'm currently playing it - got it for £20, which is a price I'm happy to pay for it. Any more and I'd be feeling a bit ripped off/let down, but it is still a fun game - yes, it is rough around the edges, and feels undercooked in a few ways - but it's still good fun.

It's certainly not a "AAA" title by any means, but it never was going to be, however I do love the art design and the 'inspiration' aspect, as well as it just being located in Paris (makes a change from 'somewhere in America, most likely New York-a-like setting). It's cool to climb the Eiffel Tower, see the Arc de Triumph, Champs Elyese, and Sacre Coeur (sp?), and play a sarcastic, hard drinking Oirishman.

And if you've got the download enabled (which I don't, cos I don't have XBL), you can get naked bewbs, lol.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nope, heard it was terrible so im saving my monies for the AAA stuff coming out in the next few months like bayonetta, mass effect, bioshock 2 and final fantasy 13.

Super Moderator

UK
    *sigh*

Can you ever just be positive about something?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *sigh*

Can you ever just be positive about something?
    yes. i spent my money on bayonetta instead and it is fucking amazing, in mo' speak its the baconator of videogames.

CONCLUSION?

i have chosen.....wisely.

not you though, you go all melty face with your bargain splurdge gone awry.

United States
    MZ - I'm not playing it myself, but my son is HOOKED on the PC version of it.

Now, while the PC version includes the bewbs you can turn it off, which I made my son do since he's only 14..

That being said, I haven't played it myself but I've been watching him - it reminds me a lot of Assasian's Creed (with all the climbing buildings and all) and seems to be a pretty damn fun game to play. I'll eventually have to sit down and mess with it - after I'm done slaughtering zombies in L4D2..

Super Moderator

UK
    Hellsing - well you go and "do it for the thrill" (reference to the advert there ... what is that song anyway? It's kinda nifty...) - but I'm chuffed with my £20 well spent. I wouldn't spend much more than that on it, but I've paid more for lesser quality games in the past more than once.

Indeed, while GTA does sandboxing better than this, and Assassin's Creed no doubt does the climbing stuff better than this, it's still a good, cool game. For instance, I cleared the coastal town of Le Havre of all the Nazi bastards, and then yomped back to Paris across the fields to avoid any check points, in a battered old town car ... naturally in the game world the distance between Le Havre and Paris itself (for instance) is greatly reduced, but it's still fun.

Despite some rough edges (some repetition, some game mechanics need polishing, the odd time when something annoys you, or the odd times when some vehicles can be fucking useless - while others work alright actually), it's a good fun game. If you dig the spirit of the game, and you're drawn into the world it's presenting, then you'll enjoy it.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    (reference to the advert there ... what is that song anyway? It's kinda nifty...) - .

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is the first i've heard of this game.

Just watched the Game trailers review and it doesn't look too bad. The graphics are pretty cool, but they say the gameplay isn't too hot.

I'll probably give it a try when it's cheaper, though. I've just finished Batman Arkham Asylum for a second time, so I'll be looking for a new game soon enough.