Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Avatar" depression?

Canada
    sorry Ned, The Imperium already beat you to it, and cleansed Pandora in the holy light of the Emperor.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

"GET. OUT."
    What I should have said is since Titanic. Anyone that requires a movie to have replica plates so the movie feels more real is totally nuts. Did you happen to read about the sex scene (that was cut) in Avatard? Can you imagine the actors in their Lycra suits pretending to screw so that Cameron can digitally convert them into the Naboo or niavi or...whatever? I am surprised Cameron didn't require the entire world be recreated so that it added more realism.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    What I should have said is since Titanic. Anyone that requires a movie to have replica plates so the movie feels more real is totally nuts. Did you happen to read about the sex scene (that was cut) in Avatard? Can you imagine the actors in their Lycra suits pretending to screw so that Cameron can digitally convert them into the Naboo or niavi or...whatever? I am surprised Cameron didn't require the entire world be recreated so that it added more realism.
    You do realize that Avatar is his only feature film since Titanic? So that's two? Out of the 10 or so films he's made? Not a bad record, imo.

And yeah I saw the sex scene from the scipt. Obviously it was cut because he knew it wouldn't work. I wouldn't mind seeing it really. Might make a good deleted scene on the dvd.
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Jan-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

*Rolls some dice*

Did I make my saving throw? Is it all an illusion!?
    saving throw fail. you rolled a 17 against a DC 21. 'tis not an illusion.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm very tempted to post there as a "former Klingon" and my most vivid memories would be of how I destroyed Pandora to the ground and raped their damn dragons in the face.
    well my evil friend, it seems that folks who point out the inanity of this get banned.

Well, I think that you're a bunch of bullshit, tireanavi. Sorry for the honesty. But it's true.

You sound like you're wanting to start a group of followers and it's completely ridiculous. You consider yourself to be "the first Na'vi-kin" which is false. I think that you fell in love with the Avatar characters (much like I did) and decided that real or false that's what you wanted to charaterize yourself as being. Which unforunately can't be correct. Now, I understand that I'm most likely offending you and telling that you're beliefs are false, but they purely are. To believe otherwise is immature and childish.

It's ok if you watched Avatar and thought "Wow, I feel the same way the Na'vi do about the way they live and such". It's ok to want to be like them or even wish you were one, but that's not enough to actually say "I am a Na'vi kin in a human body" because you're going to lead many naive young people into something foolish and fabricated.
    i really love the creator of this ridiculousness' answer:

I do not believe that it is completely ridiculous. It is not anymore ridiculous than therianthropy and otherkin. I do indeed consider myself to be the first Na'kin - can you tell me otherwise? Can you point me in the direction of the actual first one? Is it you? I think you just want to usurp me and steal my thunder. That is how it seems to me.

You are characterizing yourself as I am. I do not think that anyone who joins this community will be naive and foolish, because as a race Na'vi are wise and cunning.

It is true that James Cameron only recently wrote the story and that everyone just now heard about it. Do you think that dragons and elves are valid other-types? In five hundred years, when the origins of Na'vi are lost in the mists of time, would you think then that they are a valid 'kin type, also? Who are you to say what is valid and what is not? Can you tell me when you draw the line - how "recent" does something have to be? You must have a Word document filled with dates and periods detailing how old something must be to be valid.
    someone has gone completely loco for choco puffs.

on another sad ass fucking note: apparently these folks are calling their realization that they are na'vi "The Awakening." ok. that's when mike slowly backed out the door.

we put up with a lot of bullshit out of people over their "beliefs" and i completely refuse to either take this crap seriously or to respect it because some unbalanced interwebz users have delusions that he/she is a na'vi.
    Last edited by Mike70; 13-Jan-2010 at 08:02 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    on another sad ass fucking note: apparently these folks are calling their realization that they are na'vi "The Awakening." ok. that's when mike slowly backed out the door.

So i guess they can count you out of the black sneaker affair as they wait for the UFO?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    So i guess they can count you out of the black sneaker affair as they wait for the UFO?

i will not be sharing any kool-aid with these folks, esp. if there is a comet in the sky.

now there is a suicide cult mashup for you.

Super Moderator

United States
    No way, this person is a genius. It's got to be some sort of social savant putting people on.

I hope

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    No way, this person is a genius. It's got to be some sort of social savant putting people on.

I hope
    what was your fortitude save bonus again?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

i will not be sharing any kool-aid with these folks, esp. if there is a comet in the sky.

now there is a suicide cult mashup for you.

Boy, is it ever. lol

They must be stopped before they become too powerful. Perhaps it's time to send in that tank with the flames shooting out the front !

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

United States
    Pretty high, man. You know I stack up Con. on all my PCs

Where's SRP? I'm chomping at the bit to hear what he has to say about all this.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    sorry Ned, The Imperium already beat you to it, and cleansed Pandora in the holy light of the Emperor.
    i hate to tell you both but the dominion, gamma quadrant bandwidth sucking pigs that they are, unleashed the jem'hadar on them already. then the breen came in and cleaned up the rest of the mess.
    Last edited by Mike70; 13-Jan-2010 at 08:37 PM.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    And yeah I saw the sex scene from the scipt. Obviously it was cut because he knew it wouldn't work. I wouldn't mind seeing it really. Might make a good deleted scene on the dvd.
    Then he realised man had already shagged (evil) Na'avi in Evil Aliens.

(I'd post the clip but I doubt it'd be allowed, what with blue alien boobies flying around and Scary Movie style ejaculation...)

United States
    saving throw fail. you rolled a 17 against a DC 21. 'tis not an illusioni.

Oy!!!! What is all this post 2nd edition gobledigook?!?!? The shame man. . . .the shame

"When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    there just furrys. space furrys. the emperor will no doubt have them purged.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    i hate to tell you both but the dominion, gamma quadrant bandwidth sucking pigs that they are, unleashed the jem'hadar on them already. then the breen came in and cleaned up the rest of the mess.
    You know, Mike, sometimes I think we were meant for each other...