Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Avatar" depression?

United States

"Avatar" depression?

This is one of the most absurd articles I've ever read. I wish these people would off themselves that way we have fewer morons roaming the planet.
    I didn't have suicidal thoughts, but I did feel sick to my stomach knowing that I actually paid to watch this piece of crap, over hyped, politically correct joke of a movie.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movi...ues/index.html

Canada
    This movie has caused many people to question their beliefs in...well them being human. There is a live journal group for people that believe that they are' reincarnated na'vi'. I'll see if I can find the link, and I am being 100% serious.

England
    Your kidding me? Jesus H Christ! Personally I really enjoyed the film, but I didnt leave the cinema feeling all depressed or whatever these fruit loops are saying, thats just crazy talk!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it's a fine film, but it's just that....a film. Some people have issues.

Super Moderator

United States
    I rather liked avatar. Quite a bit, actually. It was visually stunning and, I thought, innovative in it's presentation. It was fairly speculative and offered some great moral truths, which, though simple, are timeless and the sort of thing that children should definitely encounter.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good sci fi. Soft sci fi, but better than a lot of the crap that has been passed off as such over the years.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I have been boycotting all of Cameron's films. I think they are all hype and very little substance. I will wait for video to see this just as I did with Titanic... Plus it look like a three hour trip with Jar Jar Binks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I have been boycotting all of Cameron's films. I think they are all hype and very little substance.

"GET. OUT."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Oh man. Oh god. These people, who get such a boner for this film that they get a) Depressed because it isn't real or b) think that they are reincarnated Na'Vi are just retarded.

What does Pandora have that we don't have? Except for thos floating cliffs, and dragons? I'm pretty glad that we don't have dragons soaring our skies, by the way. But the Earth features many beautiful locales, and if those fat Avatar forum nerds would get out of their parents basement and go to fucking SIBERIA they COULD live like the Na'Vi, the idiots. There's nobody in Siberia. Na'Vi til' you drop. Then come crawling back once you realize that you cannot live without technology and civilization, as you're apparently using the internet to spread the word of your depression.

Here's the Live Journal site for idiots that mo mentioned:

http://community.livejournal.com/tothehometree/
    Last edited by EvilNed; 13-Jan-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can totally relate to being digusted with the human race but are these people serious?

Perhaps offing themselves is not such a bad idea. It would eliminate their genes from the pool.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Thanks Ned, I got distracted by food and kitties.

That place is classic though
    "Here is a beautiful little poem from our wonderful lumeui. It is a lovely piece of work.

oeri sanhėti tse'a
    sė oel oeru perawm -
    oeyä lamivu peu

Here is the English translation, though this language is slightly inferior and the depths of emotion contained within are better expressed in my native tongue.

I look at the stars
    and I'm asking myself
    which is mine?
    "

What the fuck man.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

Here's the Live Journal site for idiots that mo mentioned:

http://community.livejournal.com/tothehometree/
    I disbelieve!

*Rolls some dice*

Did I make my saving throw? Is it all an illusion!?

Man, I'm a bit of a fantasist, but goddam...that can't be real!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    This is one of the most absurd articles I've ever read. I wish these people would off themselves that way we have fewer morons roaming the planet.
    I didn't have suicidal thoughts, but I did feel sick to my stomach knowing that I actually paid to watch this piece of crap, over hyped, politically correct joke of a movie.
    hear, hear. i've been to the movies twice lately and one of them was to waste my time on this piece of ripped off garbage.

the only thing i thought about after watching that was, "damn, poul anderson must be rolling in his fucking grave."

avatar is not "original" in any sense whatsoever. read "call me joe" by anderson and you will see that the entire plot and tone of avatar is a straight fucking hack job of that brilliant story.

i totally agree, lee. anyone with suicidal thoughts from watching this movie, please do us all a favor and act on them. the pussification of the west will be a little lessened.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm very tempted to post there as a "former Klingon" and my most vivid memories would be of how I destroyed Pandora to the ground and raped their damn dragons in the face.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've actually just ordered tickets to visit Pandora for a second time tonight.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm very tempted to post there as a "former Klingon" and my most vivid memories would be of how I destroyed Pandora to the ground and raped their damn dragons in the face.
    Though I'm largely against defining my happiness by other people's misery, that sounds like it'd be a damned fun read!