Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: day of the dead blu-ray UK (arrow films)

Fresh Meat

England

day of the dead blu-ray UK (arrow films)

alright folks...

probably been discussed (tried searching), but stumbled across this....

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1822

they just need to release an uncropped, pristine version of night now!

nice.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

new documentarys included apparently...

http://totalscifionline.com/news/449...-documentaries
    Last edited by terrywastecake; 13-Jan-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by terrywastecake View Post
    new documentarys included apparently...
    ’Joe of the Dead: Acting in a George Romero Classic’ is a 50-minute interview with star Joe Pilato (Captain Rhodes). Directed by Calum Waddell, it features a look at the actor’s career before and after Day of the Dead, and features rare, never seen before images.

’Travelogue of the Dead: On the Rhodes Again’ is a 17-minute feature about Pilato’s trip to Dublin, Edinburgh and Glasgow in October 2009. Directed by Naomi Holwill, it features fans giving their own thoughts on meeting Captain Rhodes.

Is 67 minutes dedicated to Joe Pilato really necessary? Is he going to discuss how he's colluding to rip-off NIGHT by voicing Harry Copper?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Is 67 minutes dedicated to Joe Pilato really necessary?
    I was just thinking that an hour of Joe Pilato isn't really enough to warrant a re-purchase.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    ’Joe of the Dead: Acting in a George Romero Classic’ is a 50-minute interview with star Joe Pilato (Captain Rhodes). Directed by Calum Waddell, it features a look at the actor’s career before and after Day of the Dead, and features rare, never seen before images.

’Travelogue of the Dead: On the Rhodes Again’ is a 17-minute feature about Pilato’s trip to Dublin, Edinburgh and Glasgow in October 2009. Directed by Naomi Holwill, it features fans giving their own thoughts on meeting Captain Rhodes.

Is 67 minutes dedicated to Joe Pilato really necessary? Is he going to discuss how he's colluding to rip-off NIGHT by voicing Harry Copper?
    Well, Pilato is obviously being used because he participated in the UK tour of the film for Arrow, so they had easy access to him. I guess - why waste the free opportunity? The second feature is basically about the tour, with Pilato being the only member of the cast that participated, so he gets all the spotlight.

I wonder if I'll be on the DVD...
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 13-Jan-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't know about you guys but Sarah's rack is somewhat "swollen" doncha think? (If that is her)

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Don't know about you guys but Sarah's rack is somewhat "swollen" doncha think? (If that is her)
    That was the first thing I noticed, too. I've seen day a countless number of times and I'm pretty sure that cleavage was not there.

Pretty shitty cover all around, imo.

I really know nothing about regions and all that, but I was under the impression that Anchor Bay had released both Dawn and Day on BR in R2. I guess this isn't the case?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You got four covers in the box, same as the Dawn box over here. But that one is a new image especially for the release, and yeah it blows.

Scotland
    That was the first thing I noticed, too. I've seen day a countless number of times and I'm pretty sure that cleavage was not there.

I really know nothing about regions and all that, but I was under the impression that Anchor Bay had released both Dawn and Day on BR in R2. I guess this isn't the case?
    I like Arrow's covers. They're all originally-commissioned artworks done in the style of old-school exploitation posters. On the other side they usually have the original theatrical poster if you like it better.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well that's cool that they give you cover options....

But the one listed is just pathetic, imo. Throwing a big breasted chick in there just to sale a few extra copies to the people that know nothing about it.

It's like this poster for Hot Fuzz. WTF?

Last edited by bassman; 13-Jan-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Scotland
    Well that's cool that they give you cover options....

But the one listed is just pathetic, imo. Throwing a big breasted chick in there just to sale a few extra copies to the people that know nothing about it.

It's like this poster for Hot Fuzz. WTF?

It's a bit difference because it's more like it's referring to 1970s/80s film posters, rather than trying to actually use the same tactics per se.

But each to his own.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Well, Pilato is obviously being used because he participated in the UK tour of the film for Arrow, so they had easy access to him. Why waste the free opportunity, I guess. The second feature is basically about the tour, with Pilato being the only member of the cast that participated, so he gets all the spotlight.
    It's great that they'd had Pilato over for the UK tour. In that case, they should have rolled up their sleeves and gotten busy tracking down a few more cast & crew so they'd have a DAY of the DEAD documentary as opposed to a "Joe Pilato" documentary.

The UK 2-DVD Set was worth the double dip just for the sfx crew commentary track.

Scotland
    It's great that they'd had Pilato over for the UK tour. In that case, they should have rolled up their sleeves and gotten busy tracking down a few more cast & crew so they'd have a DAY of the DEAD documentary as opposed to a "Joe Pilato" documentary.

The UK 2-DVD Set was worth the double dip just for the sfx crew commentary track.
    My understanding is that they were trying to get other cast and crew members from both Dawn and Day, but Foree and Pilato were the only two that would do it for free. We're tight-fisted like that over here.

Just been bitten

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    My understanding is that they were trying to get other cast and crew members from both Dawn and Day, but Foree and Pilato were the only two that would do it for free. We're tight-fisted like that over here.
    Wha Wha...!1!one!1

Pilato was in Glasgow and I didn't know about it! Did you meet him Krak?

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by terrywastecake View Post

nice.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Holy Jesus, that's a rubbish cover.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post
    Wha Wha...!1!one!1

Pilato was in Glasgow and I didn't know about it! Did you meet him Krak?
    Yeah, I was there. I didn't speak to him or anything, but I was in the audience for his QA thing. It was great. I got an autograph from Foree too. Didn't get into a conversation or anything with either of them though. But I'm rubbish at these things - I find it to be an awkward social situation - the way I see it, I've got nothing to say to these guys that they've not heard a million times before, so the best impression I can make is by just shutting up and getting in line.

I'm surprised you weren't there Moon. There was a fair bit about it on these forums at the time.