Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: blair witch still haunts!!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

It would've turned into "Alive". They start feeding off the one that's dead...

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythezombie View Post
    I think this movie is the best in its kind, the "hand held camera" sort of style works brilliantly with the movie, and makes it even much more scarier than normal hollywood blockbusters
    The hand held camera effect just nausiated me. Motion sickness in a theater is a problem.

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

United States
    One of the best horror films of the 90's, a decade that won't really be remembered for "GREAT" horror films but did manage to put out a few gems like "BWP". I absolutely loved the film when it first came out, and still really dig it as well. It's in my Top 25 Greatest Horror Films Ever list.

They (the creators of the original) are talking about re-visiting the film and bringing back the original actors for a new BWP that is going to be filmed in similar fashion/style that delves further into the backstory. I'll definitely be interested in seeing a sequal. With the success of "Paranormal Activity" showing that horror movies can still be made without showing any of that ridiculous and silly overexposure of blood/guts, silly monsters, and bad CGI -- it wouldn't be surprising to finally see this take shape.

That piece of absolute inane garbage known as "Blair Witch: Book of Shadows" doesn't count.

As an interesting aside, the town of Burkittsville, MD. (where much of the film is made and set as well) is still frequently visited as an attraction for Halloween and during the tourist season as the "Home of the Blair Witch". While I'm sure the folks there probably get tired of the kids running rampant in the cemetery, it has to be a good feeling to be making all the extra cash off the kids/crazy adults (like us) visiting the place regularly so they can make good $$$ off of it.

My personal goal for Halloween this year is to hopefully visit the town out here in my home state of Tennessee, and home, of the very real Bell witch that much liberties for the Blair Witch were taken from. Now if you want a groovy and very real story, it's definitely worth while looking into the Bell witch.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    The hand held camera effect just nausiated me. Motion sickness in a theater is a problem.

M_

It's funny how some people have that problem.

I went to see Cloverfield with my two sisters. I was loving it, however, they both took turns going to the bathroom to hurl.

Go figure.

Last edited by darth los; 15-Jan-2010 at 06:01 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    One of the best horror films of the 90's, a decade that won't really be remembered for "GREAT" horror films but did manage to put out a few gems like "BWP". I absolutely loved the film when it first came out, and still really dig it as well. It's in my Top 25 Greatest Horror Films Ever list.

They (the creators of the original) are talking about re-visiting the film and bringing back the original actors for a new BWP that is going to be filmed in similar fashion/style that delves further into the backstory. I'll definitely be interested in seeing a sequal. With the success of "Paranormal Activity" showing that horror movies can still be made without showing any of that ridiculous and silly overexposure of blood/guts, silly monsters, and bad CGI -- it wouldn't be surprising to finally see this take shape.

That piece of absolute inane garbage known as "Blair Witch: Book of Shadows" doesn't count.

As an interesting aside, the town of Burkittsville, MD. (where much of the film is made and set as well) is still frequently visited as an attraction for Halloween and during the tourist season as the "Home of the Blair Witch". While I'm sure the folks there probably get tired of the kids running rampant in the cemetery, it has to be a good feeling to be making all the extra cash off the kids/crazy adults (like us) visiting the place regularly so they can make good $$$ off of it.

My personal goal for Halloween this year is to hopefully visit the town out here in my home state of Tennessee, and home, of the very real Bell witch that much liberties for the Blair Witch were taken from. Now if you want a groovy and very real story, it's definitely worth while looking into the Bell witch.

j.p.
    that sounds so awesome!! I'd love to go their and just creep myself out...will you be going to the woods and camping out there?
    Not even a fire truck can stop drop dead fred"-my email lovegrems@hotmail.com:dead

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That place is about an hour from me... The locals are kind of tired of the hype behind the movie bringing outsiders into the town.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    That place is about an hour from me... The locals are kind of tired of the hype behind the movie bringing outsiders into the town.

Yeah, God forbid they keep their town's economy going, huh?

The Jerk offs who run Monroeville mall have the same attitude.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It's funny how some people have that problem.

I went to see Cloverfield with my two sisters. I was loving it, however, they both took turns going to the bathroom to hurl.

Go figure.

during cloverfield i kept looking away from the screen for a few minutes for a breather, when i got out i had to sit on the curb with my head between my knees to stop everything spinning. never got that before. well maybe a little in condemed form its up and down walking camera motion.

Undisclosed
    I loved the way cloverfield was shot and the way that the blair witch was shot...dosent make me feel sick one bitty..dont see how it could...but oh well i guess some people it affects more than others, toughen up people!! lol ^^
    Last edited by Billythezombie; 15-Jan-2010 at 08:54 PM.
    Not even a fire truck can stop drop dead fred"-my email lovegrems@hotmail.com:dead

Undisclosed
    One of the most boring films ever made.

I'd much rather watch the 30th anniversary of NOTLD again that see BW - that says everything..

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post

j.p.
    The intent of Blair Witch 2 was what made me like it, sorta like the "Not Without My Anus. " gag on South Park ... which likewise teed off so called true fans of that show.
    Book of Shadows was never meant to be like the original. What it did best was to overturn the whole Video as Truth BS which later films ( including Diary of The Dead. ) tried to pass off as legit.
    Blair Witch 2 did a decent job of deconstructing the mythos, with some fun surreal moments and a few interesting questions. For instance, if the Blair Witch was a fake, where did the couple from Boston get all this documentation they were carting around? It did sorta fumble the ending, but not by much.
    Besides, that skinny little Wicca girl. Erica, was nice eye candy.

Wayne Z
    "Wicca, Wicked Good. "

United Kingdom
    Isn't the pic in mista mo's sig a clip from Blair Witch? Doesn't look that scary really.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    The intent of Blair Witch 2 was what made me like it, sorta like the "Not Without My Anus. " gag on South Park ... which likewise teed off so called true fans of that show.
    Book of Shadows was never meant to be like the original. What it did best was to overturn the whole Video as Truth BS which later films ( including Diary of The Dead. ) tried to pass off as legit.
    Blair Witch 2 did a decent job of deconstructing the mythos, with some fun surreal moments and a few interesting questions. For instance, if the Blair Witch was a fake, where did the couple from Boston get all this documentation they were carting around? It did sorta fumble the ending, but not by much.
    Besides, that skinny little Wicca girl. Erica, was nice eye candy.

Wayne Z
    "Wicca, Wicked Good. "

I agree with the above in it's entireity. . . expecially the last part.

"When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Goth chics.... mmmm.....yesss....

None will ever hold a torch to the great Siouxsie Sioux though...

Pardon me while I step into my bathroom for the next three to seven minutes...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Never really found Siouxsie all that attractive. A little too "manindragish" for me. Great voice tho.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."