Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: blair witch still haunts!!!

Undisclosed

blair witch still haunts!!!

Is their anyone that believes that the blair witch project is undoubtedly the most SCARIEST horror movie that exists? I watched it when i was like...10-11, and it still haunts me to this day when i think about it!

I think this movie is the best in its kind, the "hand held camera" sort of style works brilliantly with the movie, and makes it even much more scarier than normal hollywood blockbusters
    Not even a fire truck can stop drop dead fred"-my email lovegrems@hotmail.com:dead

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I found it to be overhyped dribble. I am so pissed I wasted $8.00 to see it in 99 that I refuse to ever watch anything but the filmmakers.

90 minutes of boredom and 10 minutes of payoff isn't what I call entertaining. Same goes for Paranormal Activity.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    oh well, i guess its just personal tastes really!
    Not even a fire truck can stop drop dead fred"-my email lovegrems@hotmail.com:dead

Canada
    I remember watching it quite a long time ago..well, whenever it was released..I just like saying a long time ago, as it makes my story seem more valid, as it were. Anyways, I remember watching it, and being scared shitless. Everything about it just hit a nerve with me.

But then, I found out it was fake, and suddenly I wasn't so afraid. I really wish it would've been real...It makes for a far more interesting story.

Super Moderator

United States
    Watching the Blair Witch Project is very similar to watching some of the political debates in the general discussion forum here.

That said, it had some scary elements that I liked, was marketed extremely well, but was more of a great idea than a well executed story. It was a bolt out of the blue for the film makers in a business sense, though.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    loved it since i first saw it. great film, mostly because it never said what really happened. biggest problem withthe theatrical release of paranormal activity is the final "twist" shot. it keeps you with it till then, then reveals its hand so to speak and your left annoyed. blair on the other hand drops little hints throughout, in particular the film ends in the house of a serial killer form the 50's who would take two kids, make one face the corner then gut the other and claimed the witch did it.
    it used the internet and built itself a mythology like no other horror film. i mean it was a horror film people thought was real. in the internet age. thats fucking impressive no matter what you think about the movie, its marketing was genius.
    i found the film to be chilling, but then as ive said before, as a small time filmmaker myself i could really put myself in the cameramans shoes. i imagine thats harder for some so they might have more resonance with p.a instead. which i also liked but i didnt think it needed thousands of dollars to make.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    but i didnt think it needed thousands of dollars to make.

I'd imagine that most of the money went into paying the Daemons salary.

I should also add that I still watch the Blair Witch project, and I find it to be an enjoyable film, even if the true horror aspect was destroyed after I found out the truth.

Undisclosed
    I knew it was fake from the beginning, but i dont really mind. I still watch it too and find it thoroughly enjoyable. I really love it. Also, the bits in it hit a nerve with me too, its just something about it...something about the story behind it or the themes that still scare the living shit out of me. I just put myself in the camera peoples shoes too much...its like i live what theyre going through. The teeth in the bag...oh god, that is so disturbing...and when they're down in the basement i imagine the fright...I wonder who did it, was it josh (conspiricy theory that he went insane because of the blair witch's possesion) or was it the actual ghost of the blair witch?

capncnut
    The Blair Witch Project was cool ONLY if you watched the bootleg. When I saw it at the theatre, everyone was laughing out loud.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    The Blair Witch Project was cool ONLY if you watched the bootleg. When I saw it at the theatre, everyone was laughing out loud.
    im not sure what bootleg is...but alrighty :3

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythezombie View Post
    An illegal copy. He means it was cooler because, like all bootleg/pirate VHSes, it was all fuzzy and blurred, which made it look more like real found footage.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I like Blair Witch. I only watch it once in a blue moon, but it's enjoyable. I think the coolest thing is what they were able to accomplish with so little.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythezombie View Post
    Bootleg is a crappy quality VHS or DVD that is either a low quality promotional copy or recorded in the theatre with a cam. The reason why I say the bootleg is better is because the low picture quality resembles how a bunch of tapes found in the forest would play like.

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    An illegal copy. He means it was cooler because, like all bootleg/pirate VHSes, it was all fuzzy and blurred, which made it look more like real found footage.
    Well said.

Undisclosed
    Ahhhh alright...does sound cooler

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I like Blair Witch. I only watch it once in a blue moon, but it's enjoyable. I think the coolest thing is what they were able to accomplish with so little.

Like no map?

I got the feeling that they would have eventually killed each other anyway.

The dude that lost the map would have been the first to go.

You just know that would have been Mo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"